DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Jason Grilli Career Tracker

Go down 
+11
mrsrabelo
tigerswinloseordraw
catbox_9
Tigerfan1984
SoulRat
laprimamirala
TG
tigersaint
TigerLily
Casey21
GoGetEmTigers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 31, 2008 12:30 pm

gs78 wrote:
We need to bring back Grilli, Durbin, Pudge and Casey

Tigers are not the same without these guys

I agree with Grilli and Durbin, and dont you think JJ should be back? Casey we should bring back and DH him since Sheff sucks ass.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 3:34 am

gdennis59 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
We need to bring back Grilli, Durbin, Pudge and Casey

Tigers are not the same without these guys

I agree with Grilli and Durbin, and dont you think JJ should be back? Casey we should bring back and DH him since Sheff sucks ass.

Nod
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Maybe not Pudge though, cuz I mean, he wasnt doing so much producing this year, and its worse for the Yanks.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 9:29 am

Well, I hope we can like resign at least a couple of the awesome people we lost.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 11:16 pm

I agree Nod we need Jason back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 2:46 am

mrsrabelo wrote:
I agree Nod we need Jason back!

Make it so DAVE D
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Doubt it, look who were talking about.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Update:

Grilli is 0-1 with a 1.29 ERA in 7 IP this year.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 06, 2009 1:36 am

06/05/2009 7:49 PM ET
RIGHT-HANDED PITCHER JASON GRILLI DESIGNATED FOR ASSIGNMENT; OUTFIELDER MATT MURTON OPTIONED TO TRIPLE-A COLORADO SPRINGS
RHP Matt Daley reinstated from 15-day disabled list; Rockies recall outfielder Carlos Gonzalez

ST. LOUIS -- The Colorado Rockies announced the following roster moves prior to tonight's game: Right-handed pitcher Jason Grilli was designated for assignment and outfielder Matt Murton was optioned to Triple-A Colorado Springs. Additionally, the club has reinstated right-handed pitcher Matt Daley from the 15-day disabled list and recalled outfielder Carlos Gonzalez. Daley and Gonzalez (No. 5) will both be in uniform for tonight's game in St. Louis.

Grilli, 32, is 0-1 with one save and a 6.05 ERA (19.1 ip, 13 er) in 22 appearances as a reliever this season. He pitched 1.0 inning last night at Houston, allowing one run on 2 hits and a walk. He has allowed runs in each of his last 5 appearances, including 7 of his last 9 outings. The right-hander finished April with a 1.08 ERA (8.1 ip, 1 er), but logged a 9.90 ERA (10.0 ip, 11 er) in the month of May. Grilli was acquired by the Rockies from Detroit in exchange for minor league right-hander Zach Simons on April 30, 2008. He has pitched in 73 games since his Rockies debut last season.

Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Update:

Jason Grilli just ate a meatball sub...

http://twitter.com/JGrilli49

Don't you just love Twitter? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Re-sign him if he gets released?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Rangers acquire Grilli, outright Benson
Righty makes trek to Texas from Rox, adds veteran depth

By T.R. Sullivan / MLB.com

06/09/09 6:40 PM ET

ARLINGTON -- The Rangers acquired right-handed pitcher Jason Grilli from the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday and made room for him on the 25-man roster by outrighting pitcher Kris Benson to Triple-A Oklahoma.

The Rangers also placed pitcher Brandon McCarthy on the 15-day disabled list because of a stress fracture in his right shoulder blade and promoted pitcher Guillermo Moscoso from Oklahoma City to serve as the long man in the bullpen.

Benson has accepted the assignment to Oklahoma City rather than refusing it and becoming a free agent. The Rangers want him to start there, and he is tentatively scheduled to pitch Sunday.

But Benson is still experiencing some irritation in his right elbow from scar tissue that has grown back in a spot where he had Tommy John elbow reconstruction surgery eight years ago. Benson will have the elbow checked before Sunday to see if he needs the scar tissue removed or if he can continue to pitch through it. He has had two cortisone shots that have not helped.

"I'm not concerned about going to Triple-A and starting," Benson said. "My only concern is I want to make sure I don't go out there and pitch four, five, six innings and feel the irritation like I did [early in the season]."

Benson started the season in the Rangers' rotation and was 1-1 with a 9.00 ERA in two starts before the elbow started bothering him. He was placed on the disabled list April 22 and then was put in the bullpen after he was activated May 6. He has a 7.94 ERA in six relief appearances and was falling into disuse.

The Rangers are hoping he can pitch effectively at Oklahoma City as a starter and be an option in case of injury. The Rangers have concerns about their depth with both McCarthy and Matt Harrison currently on the DL.

"Right now, he'll get an opportunity to be in a rotation," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "With the way our injuries are going, it's another piece for us, and he's a veteran."

Benson had never been a reliever before this season. Grilli, 32, is a veteran reliever who was 0-1 with a 6.05 ERA in 22 appearances for the Rockies this season, but he has a career ERA of 4.14 in 192 relief appearances over all or part of eight Major League seasons. He was a member of the Tigers' bullpen in 2006, when they went to the World Series, and he was scoreless in five relief appearances in the postseason.

"He throws strikes and keeps the ball on the ground," Washington said. "He's healthy and he pitched well in winning situations in Detroit. We're just looking for him to go out and be Jason Grilli. He doesn't need to try and impress us. He needs to impress himself. If he does that, we'll all be impressed."

Grilli has an above-average fastball and a slider. His biggest concern is control, as he has averaged 4.01 walks per nine innings over his career. The Rangers will use him in middle relief, but he has the ability to pitch multiple innings.

The Rangers acquired him for cash considerations after he was designated for assignment by the Rockies last week.

"I'm pretty excited," Grilli said. "The team is in first place and I'm glad to be here. We were last in our division and now I'm in first. I don't feel like I've done anything to deserve that. I'm not going to make excuses. I'll hold myself accountable. I've got a fresh start and I'm ready for it."

This is Moscoso's second time in the Major Leagues. He was up for a week earlier this month and pitched one scoreless inning on the last homestand against the Athletics before being sent to Oklahoma. He is 4-1 with a 4.10 ERA in 10 games, including eight starts, at Oklahoma City and Double-A Frisco this season.

He could have a short stay, but the Rangers are still undecided if Harrison is ready to come off the disabled list and pitch Thursday against the Blue Jays. He could get another start on a medical-rehabilitation assignment in the Minor Leagues while Derek Holland pitches against the Blue Jays.

If Harrison returns Thursday, Holland would go to the bullpen and Moscoso would most likely go back to the Minors.

T.R. Sullivan is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 pm

Grilli, Richardson taken off 40-man roster
Postcards from Elysian Fields
Beat writer T.R. Sullivan
Posted on October 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Pitcher Jason Grilli has cleared outright waivers and refused assignment to the Minor Leagues. Grilli instead told the Rangers he is taking his free agency.

Grilli was 2-2 with a 4.78 ERA in 30 games with the Rangers after being acquired from the Rockies in June. He had a 2.00 ERA in June and July but it ballooned to 13.50 in August and 9.64 in September after he missed three weeks with inflammation in his elbow.

The Rangers also took catcher Kevin Richardson off the 40-man roster but are trying to resign him to a Minor League contract. He was 3-for-6 in limited time with the Rangers in August and September.

The Rangers now have 38 players in their 40-man roster
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Tigers fans trash talk former Detroit pitcher Jason Grilli
By James Schmehl | MLive.com
October 22, 2009, 3:06PM