DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Jason Grilli Career Tracker

Go down 
+11
mrsrabelo
tigerswinloseordraw
catbox_9
Tigerfan1984
SoulRat
laprimamirala
TG
tigersaint
TigerLily
Casey21
GoGetEmTigers
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Jason Grilli Career Tracker Empty
PostSubject: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 11:57 am

Jason Grilli Career Tracker Ph_276351

Jason Grilli

Full name Jason Michael Grilli
Born November 11, 1976, Royal Oak, Michigan
First Game: May 11, 2000
Bat: Right Throw: Right Height: 6' 4\" Weight: 185
Son of Steve Grilli
Pro career

Following his high school career at Baker High School in Baldwinsville, New York, Jason was drafted in the 24th round of the 1994 Major League Baseball draft by the New York Yankees, but chose not to sign. Instead, he opted to played college baseball at Seton Hall University, which he attended from 1995-1997. After a standout collegiate career, Jason was drafted in the 1st round (4th overall) of the Major League Baseball draft by the San Francisco Giants. In 1999, Grilli was a key component of a mid-season trade that brought Livan Hernandez to the Giants, and sent Grilli and pitcher Nate Bump to the Florida Marlins.

Jason spent the 2004 season with the Chicago White Sox organization after being selected in the Rule 5 draft. In 2005, he signed a minor-league contract with the Detroit Tigers. After helping the AAA affiliate Toledo Mud Hens to a league championship (he clinched the championship game), he joined the parent club for a late-season audition.

Jason Grilli pitched for Team Italy in the 2006 World Baseball Classic. He also had a fine spring training and earned a spot in the Tigers bullpen as a long-reliever, allowing for his first extended stint in the majors.

Personal

Jason is the son of former major league pitcher Steve Grilli [1], who pitched for parts of four seasons in the late 1970s, including three with the Detroit Tigers. Jason wears number 49 in honor of his father, and the two still talk after every game Jason makes an appearance in [2].

Jason was nicknamed "Cheese Man" by third-base coach Gene Lamont. In Game 4 of the ALCS, Grilli walked three batters on 12 consecutive balls, loading the bases and necessitating a pitching change to Wil Ledezma, who retired the next two hitters without surrendering any additional runs. Although the poor performance brought the wrath of many fans upon Grilli, it did not prevent the Tigers from winning the game 6-3 and clinching the American League pennant.

Grilli and his wife, Danielle,will be welcoming their first child in February of 2008. The couple resides in Orlando, Florida on the off-season [3].

Transaction Information

Selected by New York Yankees in the 24th round of the free-agent draft - did not sign (June 2, 1994).

Selected by San Francisco Giants in the 1st round (4th pick overall) of the
free-agent draft (June 3, 1997 - signed July 25, 1997).

Traded by San Francisco Giants with Nate Bump to Florida Marlins in exchange for Livan Hernandez (July 25, 1999).

Selected by Chicago White Sox from Florida Marlins in the Rule 5 major league draft (December 15, 2003).

Released by Chicago White Sox (January 27, 2005).

Signed by Detroit Tigers (February 10, 2005).

===================================

His Father was a Tiger.

Steve Grilli

Full name Stephen Joseph Grilli
Position: Pitcher
Born May 2, 1949, Brooklyn, New York
First Game: September 19, 1975; Final Game: September 17, 1979
Bat: Right Throw: Right Height: 6' 2" Weight: 170
Father of Jason Grilli

Transaction Information

Signed as a non-drafted free agent by Detroit Tigers (July 7, 1970).

Sold by Detroit Tigers to Toronto Blue Jays (February 25, 1978).

Last edited by on Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female
Number of posts : 503
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sean Casey . . . oh dang he's a Red Sox now!
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 6:52 pm

I like Jason!

Go ahead and blast me, I know it's coming!!
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 8:40 pm

Actually my mom and I like him, but that's mostly because we think he's kind of hot.
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 11:03 pm

Well, I agree with that!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 11:48 pm

TigerLily wrote:
Actually my mom and I like him, but that's mostly because we think he's kind of hot.

:puke2: :puke2:
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 11:49 pm

Casey21 wrote:
Well, I agree with that!

Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSat Dec 22, 2007 11:50 pm

I wish Grilli was in the "Old Players" thread.....
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSun Dec 23, 2007 4:11 am

tigersaint wrote:
TigerLily wrote:

Aww, Saint! Those were new shoes... Smack
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSun Dec 23, 2007 10:39 am

Sorry about the shoes.......

Look under your tree on Tuesday morning!! :santa2:
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSun Dec 23, 2007 10:54 pm

Can I expect some new shoes too Saint????

Jason has incredible blue eyes!!!!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedSun Dec 23, 2007 11:42 pm

Okay I can agree that he's kinda hot.. he's not great but he's alright... but I just don't like him.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 2:27 am

everyone has their favorite Tiger!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 2:20 pm

Grilli is a nice guy!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 3:02 pm

and he's a new daddy!
Back to top Go down
Tigerfan1984
Tigerfan1984

Male
Number of posts : 18
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Polanco, Verlander, Magg's, Cabrera
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Yes hes a nice guy, (my friend said his old lady thought he was cute), he's a new daddy but, He can't pitch worth a crap. When Grilli comes in I get Depressed and have a shot of Liqour.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 3:45 pm

Tigerfan1984 wrote:
Yes hes a nice guy, (my friend said his old lady thought he was cute), he's a new daddy but, He can't pitch worth a crap. When Grilli comes in I get Depressed and have a shot of Liqour.

lol2 I think we all do (even the under-21's)!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 4:41 pm

Tigerfan1984 wrote:

Hey! Me too! LMAO
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 7:48 pm

I just have a BEER....
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedTue Dec 25, 2007 12:18 am

Casey21 wrote:
Can I expect some new shoes too Saint????

Jason has incredible blue eyes!!!!

LOL!!
I WAS gonna give you some new shoes but I can tell that what you REALLY need is some new GLASSES!! affraid
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedTue Dec 25, 2007 12:20 am

SoulRat wrote:
Tigerfan1984 wrote:

Hey! Me too! LMAO

Now THERE'S a real shocker....... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedTue Dec 25, 2007 2:04 am

12/24/2007 7:00 PM ET
Q&A with Jason Grilli
Pitcher talks about everything from GI Joe to Guitar Hero

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

Tigers pitcher Jason Grilli knew how big of an event the holiday season was in a baseball family even before he broke into professional ball thanks to his father, Steve. The Grillis spent many a snowy Christmas together while Jason was growing up in upstate New York. They'll bypass the winter weather and gather at Jason's home in Florida this year, but it'll be a special holiday for Jason for more than the weather. He and his wife are expecting their first child, a boy, in February. He spent a few minutes with MLB.com discussing what the season means to him.

MLB.com:
Having grown up in a baseball family, how important has Christmas been in your family, when you know everybody can be together?

Jason Grilli:
It's definitely huge. Holidays for us are huge especially when you're away from them so much throughout the year. For us, the holidays that we play [during] can be tough. Any holiday, I think, especially during the baseball season, whether it's a birthday or a wedding, those are the occasions that sometimes you miss out on, unless it's someone in your immediate family. So Christmas and Thanksgiving are very huge in the sense that it's a point to celebrate the holiday for what it is. I celebrate Christmas and we celebrate the birth of Jesus and what his sacrifice means to us and we celebrate being together.

MLB.com:
Is there a big holiday tradition in your family?

Grilli:
The big things are the stockings. Usually we have some sort of fish or seafood for our meal. And we usually try to go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.

MLB.com: How much different is it for you nowadays when you spend the holiday in Florida?

Grilli:
Honestly, to do what I'm doing, it definitely makes it easier. I've been playing catch. It's nicer to play catch in 82-degree weather on a baseball field than it is indoors at PNC Stadium [in Syracuse] like I was doing in the batting cages. I do miss the feel a little bit of Christmas up in the Northeast, but I don't miss the cold. I think it's because our blood has thinned. If it's any consolation, my family is very excited to get out of the cold and get down here and enjoy Christmas in the pool. It is a different feel, but it's still very festive. Christmas, it doesn't matter where you're at, it's who you're with.

MLB.com: Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?

Grilli:
There's a couple of them. I love "Christmas Vacation" and "Christmas Story." Those are the best. Usually on TBS, we keep that on all day. They play it like 24 hours on Christmas Day. We might see it about 50 times. My mom's excited, too, because we got some games like Deal or No Deal on DVD. Some of the other ones might have to be a secret because they're gifts. And surprising or not, my mom is a Guitar Hero fan. Maybe that's where I get my love for music.

MLB.com:
Are you an early shopper or do you wait until the last minute?

Grilli:
Already got it all done [says proudly].

MLB.com:
A lot of people don't know you're a big tech guy. What's on your gift list?

Grilli:
Any man will tell you that, since we don't get the manicure, pedicure, facial kind of thing, men usually go for electronics. But I am pretty set. People tell me that I'm hard to buy for, but I don't want anything. I really don't. I feel like I have everything that I could want and ask for, and I'm grateful for that. I really enjoy the giving part. I gave my dad an early Christmas present this year and gave him XM radio. The other big thing in our family are the VOIP video phones, which I'm involved in. It's really helped me bridge the gap between being on the road and not being able to see my family and now being together. Now my other family members are joining in. But I feel like I'm getting the best gift. We're having a son in Feburary. That's what makes this Christmas so meaningful, it's going to be great.

MLB.com:
You have a business that you run off the field. How much time do you spend on that once the season is over?

Grilli:
It's pretty cool. My Web site is actually supposed to be partially done around the end of December [www.jasongrilli.com]. It's not going to be solely about my business. I know Gary Sheffield has a site. Mine's going to entail quite a bit. There's a lot of things outside of baseball that I have an interest in. A lot of people ask me how I'm not distracted. If anything, my mind works the opposite. The more I do, the better my mind works. I've been like that ever since I was in school.

MLB.com:
What's the best holiday gift you ever received?

Grilli:
I think my ultimate gift out of all the gifts I remember was the GI Joe aircraft carrier. It was the actual seven-foot model. It was the ultimate, and I remember I knew what it was when I came down and saw the tree and it took up the whole wall. That was the best Christmas, and one of the funniest things was another year when my dad first videotaped Christmas and my mom went crazy on gifts and I remember my dad said [on the tape], 'There's more?' It was a funny Christmas. I think we got everything that year. And again, when you're a kid, it's all about getting stuff and Santa. As generations pass, we're starting a new generation of Grillis. When [my son is] 2 or 3 years old and he learns what Christmas is all about, I think I'll be crying.

MLB.com:
Does it feel like a Christmas present at all getting Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera on your team?

Grilli:
I'll tell you what the real present is: If those guys do, in fact, help us get to the World Series and win the World Series and help put rings on our fingers, that'll definitely be a present [laughs]. But no, really, getting those guys will definitely be impactful. I think the addition to them strengthened our ballclub. That goes without saying.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedTue Dec 25, 2007 10:59 am

impactful??
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedTue Dec 25, 2007 5:26 pm

tigersaint wrote:
impactful??

Well I take it he will get along well with Willis. He also comes up with some new words! Nod
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

He will get along well with ME TOO if he pitches worth a crap for once!!
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Jason is not a new daddy yet. His baby is not due till February.

TigerSaint, I don't need new glasses. Jason is a fine looking man! He's gonna pitch great this year!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 5:30 pm

There have been a lotta new dads this past year...guess I got him confused with someone else...
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedFri Dec 28, 2007 7:21 pm

Hey he's wearing an Old English D. So winloseordraw Jason Grillis on my dreamteam and next year he won't be taken out of his element like he was this year. It's a whole new ballgame y'all. LetsGoTigersLetsGo
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedFri Dec 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Casey21 wrote:
Jason is not a new daddy yet. His baby is not due till February.

TigerSaint, I don't need new glasses. Jason is a fine looking man! He's gonna pitch great this year!!!!

.......ok.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedFri Dec 28, 2007 7:26 pm

tigerswinloseordraw wrote:
Hey he's wearing an Old English D. So winloseordraw Jason Grillis on my dreamteam and next year he won't be taken out of his element like he was this year. It's a whole new ballgame y'all. LetsGoTigersLetsGo

I will always cheer for him as long as he is a TIGER, but if he pitches well next year.....it will be a first for him!!

GO TIGERS!!.....EVEN GRILLI!!
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_minipostedFri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 pm

I've groaned to when he took the mound but he has shown alot of grace under pressure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Grilli Career Tracker   Jason Grilli Career Tracker Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Jason Grilli Career Tracker
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next