DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Jason Botts career tracker

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Jason Botts career tracker Empty
PostSubject: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedMon Oct 29, 2007 1:58 am

Discuss the second greatest player in Major League baseball history from Paso Robles, CA right here!

----------------
For those that don't know very much about baseball, Hal Rhyne is easily the greatest player born in Paso Robles, CA of all-time.

Here's his career stats in several major categories:

• 508 hits
  • 98 doubles
  • 22 triples
  • 2 home runs
  • 192 RBI
  • 13 SB
  • .250 BA
  • .318 OBP
  • .323 SLG
  • 69 OPS+

He once finished 14th in MVP voting. Despite all that, he still is not in the Baseball HOF confused

Let's hope some day Jason Botts can surpass Rhyne's totals. Below are the totals for Jason Botts:

• 59 Hits
  • 12 doubles
  • 1 triple
  • 3 home runs applaud
  • 23 RBI
  • 1 SB
  • .242 BA
  • .329 OBP applaud
  • .335 SLG applaud
  • 75 OPS+ applaud

4 down, 6 to go! You can do it Jason!

Last edited by on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedMon Oct 29, 2007 3:25 am

Jason Botts career tracker Jason10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedMon Oct 29, 2007 5:39 pm

It looks great, and I love this thread.

Hairston needs one! ((end sarcasm))<-------ugh Frown

GOO JASON CARL BOTTS!!

I love Bottsey!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedMon Oct 29, 2007 8:02 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
It looks great, and I love this thread.

Hairston needs one! ((end sarcasm))<-------ugh Frown

GOO JASON CARL BOTTS!!

I love Bottsey!!

Hairston has a thread! (No sarcasm).

Oh yeah...BOTTS ROCKS!!! applaud
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSat Nov 03, 2007 3:01 am

Where's all the love for Jason Botts?

You rock Jason! Just stay away from Jerry Hairston - you'll be throwing your career away if you go near him!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 1:39 am

Go Botts!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 am

But not against the Tigers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 3:19 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

You rock Jason! Just stay away from Jerry Hairston - you'll be throwing your career away if you go near him!

The love is right here! I still care about you Bottsey.

JASON CARL BOTTS #19 is my RANGER!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 3:21 pm

gs78 wrote:
LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 3:23 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
LOL!

I was just lol-ing at that too! Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 3:27 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

He's mine, too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 3:32 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

He's mine, too!

I mean, seriously----who else would I like? Gabbard is my second choice....
Hairston- um....HECK NO!!
Sosa- no
Millwood- Old timer, no offense but NO!
Young- I actually like him.
Blalock- he's alright.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 3:37 pm

There's not really anyone I like all that much on Texas. They don't have any Greg Maddux type pitchers (Millwood is no Maddux!). They don't have any young, Lincecum-eque pitchers. They don't have any knuckleballers. Pitchers are out! They don't have any Grandersons out there. Teixeira was all right but he's gone.

Botts wins in a landslide!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Nov 04, 2007 3:42 pm

haha. yeah I agree with you there.

GOO BOTTS!! He's the best!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedMon Nov 05, 2007 3:02 am

Botts better stay away from Hairston!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedMon Nov 05, 2007 3:02 am

HAIRSTON IS EVIL!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Botts to play first base.

There's a pointless article on the Rangers website I just noticed. Well, almost pointless. Here's a section that's quite relevant:

Botts to play first base:

The Rangers are going to take a look at Jason Botts at first base in Spring Training with the possibility of using him in a platoon with Ben Broussard. Manager Ron Washington spoke with Botts about the possibility on Tuesday.

The Rangers are looking for a platoon partner for Broussard after designating Chris Shelton for assignment earlier this week. Botts is a switch-hitter, while Broussard bats left-handed.

"We had a decision to make with Chris, and we elected to designate him," Daniels said. "Jason is our own guy. The biggest advantage Shelton had was he had more experience in at first base. Jason has the ability but in the past we wanted him to focus on one position, and we asked him to work in the outfield because we had Mark Teixeira here. Jason made pretty good strides out there, and if he can make the same strides at first base, he has a chance to help us."

Botts last played first base regularly in 2004, when he played in 127 games there at Double-A Frisco. He has only played in the outfield at the Major League level. He is currently hitting .326 with nine home runs and 54 RBIs in 64 games and 242 at-bats for Yaquis de Obregon in the Mexican Winter League.

-------------------------

Platoon? Umm...what the hell is Washington thinking? You don't platoon a guy like Botts! You especially don't do that when he's a switch-hitter. Imagine telling Mickey Mantle "hey Mick, I know you switch hit and all, but I figure I'd let some bozo hit against right-handers just to prove my incompetence".
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 5:42 pm

MLB's projected 2008 stats for Botts:

402 AB, .264 AVG, 58 R, 16 HR, 0 SB, 52 RBI, .371 OBP, .483 SLG, .854 OPS
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 5:49 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:

WOW! I'll take it!

Look out Hal Rhyne, Botts is catching up!

I wonder why there isn't a statue of Botts downtown? We have a statue of our city founder (whose name I have no recollection) in the park in front of city hall, yet no Botts statue. Hell, there's not even a Hal Rhyne statue. Go figure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 7:49 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

WOW! I'll take it!

I wonder why there isn't a statue of Botts downtown? We have a statue of our city founder (whose name I have no recollection) in the park in front of city hall, yet no Botts statue. Hell, there's not even a Hal Rhyne statue. Go figure!

Have you seen Hal Rhyne's stats, Ryan?! I thought that he was not that great. Jason Carol Botts may have to wait awhile for that statue.

I'll take those stats too...he IS my Ranger!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 9:50 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

WOW! I'll take it!

Have you seen Hal Rhyne's stats, Ryan?! I thought that he was not that great. Jason Carol Botts may have to wait awhile for that statue.

Rhyne's stats are in the first post. I gave 10 key stats. Botts is better in 4, but not the others. If Botts can pass him in all of them he deserves a statue. I'll send the mayor a letter if I have to. Heck, I'll even get it signed (making it a petition) by eligible voters - both Joe and my dad are big Botts fans. Their signatures plus mine makes 3. How many signatures do you need to get a something on the ballot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 11:00 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

WOW! I'll take it!

Rhyne's stats are in the first post. I gave 10 key stats. Botts is better in 4, but not the others. If Botts can pass him in all of them he deserves a statue. I'll send the mayor a letter if I have to. Heck, I'll even get it signed (making it a petition) by eligible voters - both Joe and my dad are big Botts fans. Their signatures plus mine makes 3. How many signatures do you need to get a something on the ballot?

He should, and he will! I'll sign it, and I know tons of other people that would too. I don't know, but it can't be that many.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 am

Thanks but I think in order to sign that petition you have to be a registered voter AND be registered to vote where the voting will take place. Since this is a local matter it would never appear on a Louisiana ballot. Tell your family to move to Paso Robles, then they could sign!

I think that you need 10,000 signatures to be on the Presidential ballot in that state. Surely a local proposition requires less than that.

rant I've searched everywhere but I don't know how many it takes. To get a PROPOSITION (initiative) on the ballot in CA you need one million signatures. This is for a state-wide proposition though. For a measure (local thing) it's less than that. But how much less?

A shiny nickel goes to the first person to figure this out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 11:06 am

Oh, that would make sense.

WOW.

Hmm. I wonder.

IT'S 100,000 signatures, can I have my shiny nickel now?!! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Mar 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Spring Training notes:

Botts is currently 0-1 today and batting .348 this spring. Go Botts!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 8:36 pm

03/25/2008 10:15 PM ET
Botts cracks Rangers' roster
Switch-hitter will fill reserve role at first base, DH
By T.R. Sullivan / MLB.com

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Jason Botts will be on the Rangers' Opening Day roster as backup first baseman and a right-handed-hitting designated hitter.

Botts, a switch-hitter who took a .357 average into Tuesday's game against the Mariners, was told by general manager Jon Daniels and manager Ron Washington that he had made the team.

Outfielders Kevin Mench and Jason Ellison, who were both hitting well over .300, have been told they will start the season at Triple-A Oklahoma. Both were in camp on Minor League contracts.

Nelson Cruz was also told that he's not on the team, but he is out of options. At some point this week, he will be designated for assignment, meaning the Rangers have 10 days to trade him, release him or put him on outright waivers. The Rangers have had some discussions with other teams, but there has been little progress.

All were competing for the final spot on the bench.

"That was a hard decision to make," Washington said. "Botts just did what we asked him to do. His game has improved. He worked hard on his game and showed he could improve. He's somebody the Texas Rangers had high hopes for, so we'll see what he can do."

Milton Bradley, who played the outfield for the first time this spring on Tuesday, is expected to be the designated hitter on Opening Day. But at some point, he is expected to move to the outfield, leaving Frank Catalanotto, who is a left-handed hitter, to platoon with Botts at DH. Botts is also expected to spell Ben Broussard, another left-handed hitter, at first base.

Botts is also out of options, and the Rangers were concerned they might lose him at the end of Spring Training. But Daniels said Botts earned his spot on the team.

"He has always been a productive hitter except his limited time in the big leagues," Daniels said. "We like the way he's gone about it this spring. He is better defensively in the outfield, solid at first base and a right-handed option at [DH]. He has played the game more aggressively and looked more comfortable."

Ellison is batting .387 for the spring and Mench is hitting .359. But Botts' ability to play first base seems to have given him an edge over both. Cruz hit .211 this spring and never really seemed to get serious consideration.

"[Cruz is] just [missing] the consistency at the plate," Daniels said. "He's a very good defender and shows the obvious physical abilities. In the role of competing for an everyday job, he just hasn't proven himself."

T.R. Sullivan is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Apparently Botts didn't major in speech:

http://tinyurl.com/2grok6
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedSat Apr 05, 2008 2:00 am

Botts gets his first AB of the season (about time!)...

He grounds out. Get 'em tomorrow Botts!

PLAY BOTTS, WASHINGTON grouch
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Botts is starting game 2 of the double header at first base. His first start of the year. He's 0-1 on the season.

It's about Censored time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Botts career tracker   Jason Botts career tracker Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Jason Botts career tracker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next