DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

catbox_9's job search

Go down 
+7
SoulRat
gdennis59
kharmon
gs78
TG
laprimamirala
catbox_9
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Bump

I got an e-mail last Friday from personnel at the state hospital and was told to call them at my earliest convenience. I called today and they said that pending a fingerprint test and physical, I got the job.

Yay2
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:42 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Bump

I got an e-mail last Friday from personnel at the state hospital and was told to call them at my earliest convenience. I called today and they said that pending a fingerprint test and physical, I got the job.

Yay2
applaud
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Position is only half-time for now, but that's fine by me.

It sure took long enough. I put that application in back in November!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:53 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

Beats having a no time job
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Sorry You'll get one though.

-----

My only complaint about this new job is it's 5 half-days instead of 2 full days and a half-day. Oh well though.

If I get into a school locally and work while in school they pay for school without reducing my salary, I just have to work half-time.

They also have lots of other jobs out there that are only open to current employees so with a little luck I'll have a new job soon after taking this one.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 2:06 pm

GO CATBOX!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Sounds promising Catbox!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 2:54 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Sorry You'll get one though.

-----

My only complaint about this new job is it's 5 half-days instead of 2 full days and a half-day. Oh well though.

If I get into a school locally and work while in school they pay for school without reducing my salary, I just have to work half-time.

They also have lots of other jobs out there that are only open to current employees so with a little luck I'll have a new job soon after taking this one.

Don't be sorry!

Actually; If anyone should be sorry; it is me. I am sorry to rant on your thread; I am just so pissed about the way things are

However; I am happy for you PARTY!

Catbox Rocks! Metal
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 2:36 pm

No need to apologize. You'll find a job I'm sure...and quicker than I did.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 2:37 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
No need to apologize. You'll find a job I'm sure...and quicker than I did.

I hope so;

But these people I am dealing with [ read my job thread] are really pissing me off

Bunch of scam artists
Back to top Go down
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female
Number of posts : 27
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander, Brandon Inge, Rick Porcello, Ryan Perry, and Bobby Seay
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 03, 2009 2:43 am

I'm really glad you got the job and hope it works out for you. I know you've been trying to find one ever since you graduated.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander, Brandon Inge, Rick Porcello, Ryan Perry, and Bobby Seay

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 04, 2009 1:38 am

No problem!

Did you start yet?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Update:

Went in for a pre-employment physical today. I passed. They also drew blood and gave me a TB test rant :puke2:

Got fingerprinted. If I pass my criminal background check (I will) I will be hired. They said give it about 3 weeks. I can call back and check on the progress but I don't have to - they'll call me.

I have to get another TB test next week since they require two. I could use an old test from a few months back when I had one but I don't mind TB tests so I'll probably just get another one.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 07, 2009 10:29 pm

Yay2 Catbox!

That's great!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 07, 2009 11:22 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Yay2 Catbox!

That's great!

What's great? The part where I nearly died from all the needles :shrug:

You should have seen that huge needle they used! It was like 3 feet long. They call it a butterfly needle.
Back to top Go down
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Frown

I know you hate needles. I'm sorry.

BUT
The good sign is, you will more than likely have a job!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 09, 2009 11:54 pm

He ain't the only one
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 am

You know, I don't know if my needle phobia is that bad anymore. I think the main problem I have with blood draws is the tourniquet and cotton swab more than anything. A blood draw really is no big deal. I wish I could get someone to draw some blood a few times within the next few days. Right now I think I'm on the brink of being cured if people take my blood a few times. They have to do it soon though before my fear intensifies again.

I'd donate blood but I don't think I'm ready to go that far.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 am

I need my blood
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 1:03 am

gs78 wrote:
I need my blood

:haha:

You make more, but I still suck at giving mine up. I genuinely do want to donate blood since I think it's a good thing to do, but I think I'd probably end up hospitalized if I tried to do it. I am registered to be an organ donor so if I die under the correct circumstances my organs are up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 am

When I die; I am taking my organs with me

If people hate me so fucking much [ Hiring Managers, Women, etc] why should I give them my organs

I can be as selfish as the next person
Back to top Go down
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
I need my blood

:haha:

You make more, but I still suck at giving mine up. I genuinely do want to donate blood since I think it's a good thing to do, but I think I'd probably end up hospitalized if I tried to do it. I am registered to be an organ donor so if I die under the correct circumstances my organs are up for grabs.

That's good, I am too.
We had some people come to talk to us at school one day, and I decided when I got my permit (which by the way, I did get in early June and it was stolen along with my cell phone) I would be a donor.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Organ donation saves lives.

(end public service announcement)

Speaking of organ donation, they're generally way short on organs. The DMV should pay people like $100 to sign up. Yeah, that sounds pretty iffy as paying for organs is a huge no-no, but it wouldn't really be paying someone for their organs. $100 could just be added onto the organ transplant bill. Lots of people who'd be willing to donate organs don't take the few minutes to sign up since they've got no motivation to do it. $100 isn't much but lots of people would do it if they thought they had $100 coming.

If people change their mind and want off the list, charge them $200.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 20, 2009 2:57 am

Update:

Orientation begins September 21 and lasts a month (or longer depending on how things go). As I will be paid a full-time salary for this orientation even though I am only going to start by working half-time I hope this orientation lasts a long time. I can't believe it takes more than a few days, but I'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Update:

Orientation begins September 21 and lasts a month (or longer depending on how things go). As I will be paid a full-time salary for this orientation even though I am only going to start by working half-time I hope this orientation lasts a long time. I can't believe it takes more than a few days, but I'm not complaining.

I don't believe it either; that is great for you; And I am happy that you are getting paid full time for orientation applaud

However; from a fiscal standpoint; that is a lot of money to spend on employee orientation; Considering how many employees go through orientation in any given month and during the entire year Neutral
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 28, 2009 5:33 pm

I guess everyone does the same orientation regardless of what position they're going to work. The actual orientation for the job I will do only lasts a few days. The rest is like a health class, CPR class, self defense, and other stuff that would be required to work at a hospital and prison.

It is a lot of money to spend, you are right. The only saving grace is the employees tend to last a very long time there. I worked in fast food and once we hired 8 people in one week. 2 weeks later 0 of them were still employees.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 22, 2009 10:39 pm

After 2 days, orientation really sucks! It's so boring :puke2: On the bright side we've had a total of 2 hours and 45 minutes for lunch the past 2 days (even though we're only supposed to get 30 minutes a day). The people are even stupider than I thought* (some had difficulty filling out paperwork that only asked for their name, address, phone number). We have these quizzes at the end of each class that are insultingly easy (they're just fill in the blank with one of two choices given) yet people still need to cheat off you. To make matters even better (or something) the instructor gives you the answer at the end! They also give you all day to take the quiz and even if you didn't sit through the class, you could still get 100% on the quizzes since only one answer choice ever even forms a logical sentence. Consider this question....

When considering sexual harassment, it is the impact of the action rather than the ____________ that is considered.
(intent OR zero-tolerance policy)

That was an actual question!

*NOTE: It is worth noting that in my group there are 2 psychologists in addition to the food service workers. The psychologists are far less stupid.

---------------

As for the concerns gs78 expressed, it turns out that large portions of the orientation will be spent actually working. There's just a bunch of classes on hospital policy and what not that you have to take before they can let you be considered a permanent employee.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 pm

I got payed for my orientation for a summer job...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 25, 2009 3:28 am

gdennis59 wrote:
I got payed for my orientation for a summer job...

Orientations should be paid (especially if they're 3 weeks like mine is). In high school I had an orientation at the fast food place I worked at that wasn't paid. I wasn't paid for part of my first shift as well due to some creative timekeeping by my then-boss. With my new job they can't pay me unless I sign off on what shifts/hours I worked so I won't get ripped off anymore. I used to work overtime at my old job (illegally as I was a minor) and I wasn't paid for working those hours to avoid getting the company in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's job search   catbox_9's job search - Page 8 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

catbox_9's job search
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8