DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

TG's Rowing Thread

Go down 
+5
catbox_9
bobrob2004
gdennis59
gs78
TG
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Mr. Donaldson (different teacher) gave it to coach to use for us on thursdays because thats supposed to be our "if you do well on the other days we'll go easy on you thursday.... until mandatory practice starts" day.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 pm

TG wrote:
Mr. Donaldson (different teacher) gave it to coach to use for us on thursdays because thats supposed to be our "if you do well on the other days we'll go easy on you thursday.... until mandatory practice starts" day.

high 5
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Mandatory practice starts today. It's gonna really suck....
---

Last Wednesday I went to the doctor because of my breathing being so bad. I was supposed to take a PFT (pulmonary funtion test) 3 times.... but I failed all three times. So they had me wait 5 minutes, and they got a different machine in case the one I did the first 3 on was just messing up. Well, the next 3 they had me do I failed too.

So now I have to go get an x-ray tomorrow to see if anything is seriously wrong. I'm extremely nervous. I won't know what they find out until next time I go to the doctor, which will be on the 18th
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Hope it turns out to just be inflammation in your lungs. They can fix that with medicine. I have taken, and failed, those tests also. I now have to use 2 different inhalers, and pills. But it works.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 pm

I used to just use a rescue inhaler. And now they have me on Advair twice a day... which is kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 2:49 pm

TG wrote:
I used to just use a rescue inhaler. And now they have me on Advair twice a day... which is kind of annoying.

That is better than the ones you have to use every 4 hours!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Thats true...I just have to use it in the morning before school, then again before practice. This is my first day of practice since I got it, so I'm kinda eager to see if it works.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Hope it works well for you. cross fingers pray
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Thanks.

I'll update how it goes later.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 5:11 pm

You will be OK TG

No worries
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Turns out that inhaler doesn't help at all. We ran an hour, then did calistetics for another hour. Zack and Brittany (Brittany is my friend and Zack is the guy I like) were put in charge of leading for novices. It was bad. They yelled the whole time, and I was yelling back because I am just like that.... Which turned out bad because then Zack got pissed off and started yelling. Then the coaches started yelling. So everyone was mad.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 09, 2009 8:11 pm

TG wrote:
Turns out that inhaler doesn't help at all. We ran an hour, then did calistetics for another hour. Zack and Brittany (Brittany is my friend and Zack is the guy I like) were put in charge of leading for novices. It was bad. They yelled the whole time, and I was yelling back because I am just like that.... Which turned out bad because then Zack got pissed off and started yelling. Then the coaches started yelling. So everyone was mad.

That sucks
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 13, 2009 7:38 am

Yesterday night practice we ran 50 minutes and did 40 of everything, so it wasn't that bad. Except leg lifts. those were pretty tough.

The end of practice was my favorite part, because 2 of the varsity came up and told me that I'm their favorite novice. That made my entire day 10 times better. Smile
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 13, 2009 9:05 am

TG wrote:

Give the inhaler time. It may take at least a week for the inflammation to go down in your lungs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 13, 2009 9:05 am

TG wrote:
Yesterday night practice we ran 50 minutes and did 40 of everything, so it wasn't that bad. Except leg lifts. those were pretty tough.

The end of practice was my favorite part, because 2 of the varsity came up and told me that I'm their favorite novice. That made my entire day 10 times better. Smile

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 13, 2009 5:29 pm

GO TG!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue Mar 17, 2009 7:50 pm

We ran a nature trail yesterday, then did cals in the parking lot. The nature trail was 4 miles. Then once we were done with cals we did sprints for a half hour (which I'm awesome at so that was cool).

Today we did a different nature trail. It was only 2 miles, and we did it twice. Well, MOST of the team did it twice. Coach didn't make the really fast people do it, which made a lot of people mad. But anyway, then we did cals and went home.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue Mar 17, 2009 8:04 pm

TG wrote:
We ran a nature trail yesterday, then did cals in the parking lot. The nature trail was 4 miles. Then once we were done with cals we did sprints for a half hour (which I'm awesome at so that was cool).

Today we did a different nature trail. It was only 2 miles, and we did it twice. Well, MOST of the team did it twice. Coach didn't make the really fast people do it, which made a lot of people mad. But anyway, then we did cals and went home.

applaud
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Yesterday was swim test. Sorta passed it. He cut my brother and I's group's time down from how long we were supposed to have to swim because he wanted both of us on the team and we were gonna fail.

Today was super hard. Our head coach had to leave to go to court (he broke up a bar fight and stuff so he had to go to court), so he put 2 of the assistants in charge. He told them to go easy on us, instead they went on a total power trip. No jogging between excercises. Nobody was allowed to use the bathroom, and if they did the whole team got 100 push ups. If anyone walked during the 3 times we ran (one time for 40 minutes, one time for half hour, one time for 15 minutes), we got 100 push ups added on for each time. We did about 400 jumping jacks all together. 140 at once, then we did sets of 40 jumping jacks after everything (instead of jogging).

It sucked. And our head coach expects at least 7 (our of 54 on the team) of us to throw up on monday because he is making that practice super hard.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Any coach that stresses a teens body to the point of expecting them to throw up, is not a good coach!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 20, 2009 10:04 pm

He wants to prepare us for camp (the day after easter). Where we will actually get put into our boats.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 21, 2009 3:21 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Any coach that stresses a teens body to the point of expecting them to throw up, is not a good coach!

I agree 100 percent

Sounds more like U.S Marine Boot Camp what TG's coach putting her team through
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Well there are 2 people on the team that joined this year and they're seniors because they are going into the marines and this makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 23, 2009 6:10 pm

TG wrote:
Well there are 2 people on the team that joined this year and they're seniors because they are going into the marines and this makes it easier.

That is good for them

But what about everyone else on the team?

Be Careful TG
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Only 4 people threw up. Did australian pursuit and 40 reps of each cal.

WE GET TO PUT IN THE DOCKS TOMORROW!
I am sooo excited.
Wednesday we might be able to get out on the water, if it's not raining Big Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 7:26 pm

TG wrote:
Only 4 people threw up. Did australian pursuit and 40 reps of each cal.

WE GET TO PUT IN THE DOCKS TOMORROW!
I am sooo excited.
Wednesday we might be able to get out on the water, if it's not raining Big Smile

Rain should be over by afternoon

Highs 57

Have Fun

And hopefully no one puke
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:34 pm

We aren't going now tomorrow Frown
It was soooo cold on the water today. I got home like 5 minutes ago have sooo much homework. And we got there at 3:30. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Getting nice out now

Drying out and temps in the low 50s
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 pm

No boat club tomorrow still Frown
I'm pretty upset.

Novice girls have to have a meeting tomorrow before practice. Basically because there are 2 groups of novices, the ones that care (me), and the ones that complain the whole practice and don't even really wanna do it (people I don't like). So we fight all of practice and it's super stressful so the coaches are making us try to "talk"... prolly not gonna work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 4 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

TG's Rowing Thread
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next