DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

TG's Rowing Thread

Go down 
+5
catbox_9
bobrob2004
gdennis59
gs78
TG
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 02, 2009 7:39 pm

You aren't off the team. You just don't make your boat. So they put you in a heavier boat, which usually isn't as good because you aren't in the boat that you have practiced with so you don't have your technique, pattern, or timing right.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 02, 2009 7:41 pm

Well conditioning isn't much fun, but when we actually start practice it should be. From everything I heard, conditioning sucks but everything else is fun.... if you survive conditioning.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm

TG wrote:
You aren't off the team. You just don't make your boat. So they put you in a heavier boat, which usually isn't as good because you aren't in the boat that you have practiced with so you don't have your technique, pattern, or timing right.

Do your best TG

everything else will fall into place thumbs up
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks Big Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

TG wrote:
Thanks Big Smile

You are Welcome

Go TG go team
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 03, 2009 7:11 pm

I think my legs are going to break. I hurt so bad.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 03, 2009 8:07 pm

TG wrote:
I think my legs are going to break. I hurt so bad.

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 03, 2009 8:19 pm

I hate the stairs in my house! Why does there have to be so many?!? And tomorrow at school... well there is no way I'm gonna be able to get to my classes on time.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 03, 2009 8:29 pm

TG wrote:
I hate the stairs in my house! Why does there have to be so many?!? And tomorrow at school... well there is no way I'm gonna be able to get to my classes on time.

Poor TG
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Omg! I am soooo pissed off! I am GAINING WEIGHT! How does that happen?!?! I'm working so hard to lose it, and yet I gain it. Because of Censored muscle. Grr... I'm never gonna be able to make light weight Frown
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Drinking water?
If so, dont drink too much cuz the amount of water you drink, you gain that much.
its wierd, but thats how it was for wrestling and i almost didnt make weight.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 04, 2009 9:54 pm

But then I get dehydrated and pass out and get yelled at. Neutral

I don't think I'm drinking too much though.... idk.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Drinking water is good, it flushes your body of impurities, it just makes you go to the bathroom more when you increase the amount. I was never a big water drinker, since it had a problem with retaining water, but I now drink at least 4 24-oz bottles of purified water daily, and I find it does not make me retain more fluid! I keep a bottle with me all the time. To save money, over buying bottled water, I bought a Aquasana Water filter and fill my own bottle. They recommend 8 8-oz glasses of water per day.

Another thing to drink is Gatorade G2 (low calories), it replenishes your body of electrolytes and helps in many ways.

My dad was a wrestling coach, and it made my mom so mad at the crap my dad put his guys through to make weight. In his last years of being a high school coach, he was more careful and did not force players to make a weight class that was a threat to their health. This was due to him getting more masters degree classes in coaching and the health of a wrestler (and also baseball players). He was totally dedicated to his athletes and sports was his life!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 05, 2009 12:45 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Another thing to drink is Gatorade G2 (low calories), it replenishes your body of electrolytes and helps in many ways.

Gatorade is all well and good but water is still the best bet. Even with G2, you still get 100 calories a bottle, 440! mg. of sodium, and 28! g of sugar. Water gives you all 0's.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 05, 2009 6:38 pm

TG wrote:
Omg! I am soooo pissed off! I am GAINING WEIGHT! How does that happen?!?! I'm working so hard to lose it, and yet I gain it. Because of Censored muscle. Grr... I'm never gonna be able to make light weight Frown

TG getting all buff

Maybe you can become a female body builder if rowing don't pan out

lol2

Hug
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Good Luck TG
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Drinking water is good, it flushes your body of impurities, it just makes you go to the bathroom more when you increase the amount. I was never a big water drinker, since it had a problem with retaining water, but I now drink at least 4 24-oz bottles of purified water daily, and I find it does not make me retain more fluid! I keep a bottle with me all the time. To save money, over buying bottled water, I bought a Aquasana Water filter and fill my own bottle. They recommend 8 8-oz glasses of water per day.

My dad was a wrestling coach, and it made my mom so mad at the crap my dad put his guys through to make weight. In his last years of being a high school coach, he was more careful and did not force players to make a weight class that was a threat to their health. This was due to him getting more masters degree classes in coaching and the health of a wrestler (and also baseball players). He was totally dedicated to his athletes and sports was his life!
I tend to drink gatorade. Water is better for you, but I need the suger. My blood sugar gets extremely low during practice and if I don't drink something with sugar it gets extremely low and I can't work out.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

TG getting all buff

lol2

Hug
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 06, 2009 2:06 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

TG getting all buff

lol2

Hug
Rolling Eyes

lol2
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 pm

TG wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

I tend to drink gatorade. Water is better for you, but I need the suger. My blood sugar gets extremely low during practice and if I don't drink something with sugar it gets extremely low and I can't work out.

Good Luck TG

Hope you make weight

cross fingers
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 08, 2009 5:34 pm

I can't wait till rowing tomorrow.
It hurts so bad, But I love the people. They are all awesome.

And I really wanna talk to Zack...!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 08, 2009 6:37 pm

TG gonna row, row, row her boat, to catch up to Zach!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 08, 2009 6:39 pm

:haha:
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 10, 2009 5:49 pm

No conditioning today. But we have to be up at the school at 6:15 to tell 8th graders to join rowing and blah, blah, blah. It'll prolly be really boring so I'll just talk to people the whole time. Smile

Maybe Zack will be there, because he doesn't have football conditioning (which my school already started) today.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 6:45 pm

So we have a rowing fundraiser tonight. Which is really dumb because nobody that has a boyfriend/girlfriend will show up on valentines day. I'm going because my friends are forcing me to.... but it's at 10:00 tonight, and it's bowling. We r playing three games, so it's gonna go pretty late. And I'm not even bowling, so I'll just be sitting there talking to people the whole time.

Depending on who shows up it could be fun, or not fun at all.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 6:48 pm

At least you have any sort of plans for tonight.
Valentines Day fucking suckz.
This weeek has just been at its ultimate worst.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 6:50 pm

I hate valentine's day. Last year I broke up with my boyfriend on valentines day.... And this year I have sat at home all day.

But I guess you're right, at least I have something to do later.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Im gonna sit at home and watch Step Brothers and Pineapple Express. The girl I wanted to hang out with had plans, and I guess Im still upset over Papa being gone.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Did she haves plans with just friends or a different guy?

And Oh, I'm sorry Frown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

TG's Rowing Thread
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next