DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

TG's Rowing Thread

Go down 
+5
catbox_9
bobrob2004
gdennis59
gs78
TG
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Friends.
The service was yesterday for him, and I couldnt stop crying.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Well thats good...

And That really sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you're okay soon.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 8:02 pm

TG wrote:
Well thats good...

And That really sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you're okay soon.

Me, too
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Yeah, what wasnt good is when I got home I figured out my mom was almost in tears because Im almost 16 and Im getting in cars with my friends on a Friday night.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 pm

What? why would that make her cry?
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Because Im growing up and she's worried that her "little baby" is gonna become too cool for her and will start doing bad things.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Oh... yah that sucks. My parents are like that. They don't care that my sister is switching colleges and moving to grand rapids, or that my brother is going to college up north and we'll on see him on holidays (I think I am the most upset one out of my family on that, I'm gonna cry when he leaves).... but they don't want me to be able to drive or to date anyone. Because I'm "their baby"
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Im not even the youngest, just the favorite.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm not the favorite, just the youngest.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 11:17 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Because Im growing up and she's worried that her "little baby" is gonna become too cool for her and will start doing bad things.

Let her know you have morals and you see mistakes your brother and sister have made, and the consequences, and you don't want to make the same mistakes! Just let her know the stuff you think is wrong to do (like take drugs, do stupid things (make it your own list)), and it would be wrong to you to do those things and you do not want to be embarrassed, or to embarrass her, by doing those things. It will show her you are an intelligent young adult.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Hehe, wouldnt have thought of that.
Thanks GoGetEm.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 pm

3 hour practice today at the boat club.

We did boat drills (take the boats off the racks, flip them, and all that fun stuff).

We did tank room stuff. (in a room where there are oars and seats and slides, with pools of water and you row.)

AND we did 2 sets of 20 minute erg pieces. I seriously didn't think I was gonna survive. And my hands are all blistered now so it hurts really bad typing this.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Ouch TG. You sure picked a hard sport! Good luck, and mend quickly!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 18, 2009 9:48 pm

I needed a catcher bad, so I offered Napoli, Jose Guillen, and Chris Volstad for Soto.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Collapsed at practice because I couldn't breath.
Got yelled at because I couldn't stand up and wasn't running.
Looked like a total idiot.
Schooley had to come pick me up and help me walk down the hall way.
Got yelled at some more.
Left conditioning.

Yah, today sucked.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 8:13 pm

My erging sucks. I feel ready to die. I stopped breathing during practice but I'm dumb and just stopped, got myself to breath (not well) and continued. I don't feel good.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 8:18 pm

TG wrote:
My erging sucks. I feel ready to die. I stopped breathing during practice but I'm dumb and just stopped, got myself to breath (not well) and continued. I don't feel good.

You need to slow down TG
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 8:24 pm

But I can't slow down. I mean, I can in running. But erging you can't. And you have all of your team (we were doing 4 sets of 500 meter sprints) yelling at you to push/pull harder and to get your time lower, and the last thing you want to do is let them down. So you continue and continue until you pass out. basically.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 8:37 pm

TG wrote:
But I can't slow down. I mean, I can in running. But erging you can't. And you have all of your team (we were doing 4 sets of 500 meter sprints) yelling at you to push/pull harder and to get your time lower, and the last thing you want to do is let them down. So you continue and continue until you pass out. basically.

affraid
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Yah, I know. And it's gonna be sooo much worse when mandatory practice starts.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 8:44 pm

TG wrote:
Yah, I know. And it's gonna be sooo much worse when mandatory practice starts.

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, it was like that in XC, but running seems easier than your erging. Sorry Holl. Frown
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 9:24 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Yeah, it was like that in XC, but running seems easier than your erging. Sorry Holl. Frown
Yah, it sucks. It hurts so bad. I think I prefer running over erging. ESPECIALLY since we are doing a 2 hour piece on Wednesday, no breaks at all. It's going to suck sooo bad.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Rowing sure would not be my sport! Give me my track, golf, bowling, baseball (I hate softball)
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 24, 2009 5:45 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Rowing sure would not be my sport! Give me my track, golf, bowling, baseball (I hate softball)

Softball rules

A lot easier to play than baseball [ Which i sucked at in High School or wrestling or soccer]

I used to play slow pitch softball and drink beer about 10 years ago

but you can't drink beer on a lot of softball diamonds anymore; including Southgate's

Which is why I don't play anymore
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 24, 2009 10:57 pm

I didn't even go to conditioning today.... Whatever. I'll go to do the 2 hours of erging tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 25, 2009 2:33 pm

I thought if you didnt go you got kicked off.
Whats up with this?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Mandatory practice doesn't start until the 8th. So I don't have to go every day until the 8th, then we have practice 7 days a week.

-----
Well I was super hyper at practice today. People were getting pissed off at me. My erging was horrible and the coaches were all watching me because my erg moves a lot because I use too much power to push off with my legs, which made me hit the concrete wall and any time I would pull back I hit my head. So the coaches kept having to come over and pull it forward.

And Zach was there today, which was weird because he is never there on Wednesday because he has football. But he was annoyed at me because I was being so loud, so I didn't talk to him at all. Oh well.

And Now I'm In A Good Mood. Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 pm

TG wrote:
Mandatory practice doesn't start until the 8th. So I don't have to go every day until the 8th, then we have practice 7 days a week.

-----
Well I was super hyper at practice today. People were getting pissed off at me. My erging was horrible and the coaches were all watching me because my erg moves a lot because I use too much power to push off with my legs, which made me hit the concrete wall and any time I would pull back I hit my head. So the coaches kept having to come over and pull it forward.

And Zach was there today, which was weird because he is never there on Wednesday because he has football. But he was annoyed at me because I was being so loud, so I didn't talk to him at all. Oh well.

And Now I'm In A Good Mood. Smile

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 pm

So we did a workout video today. I didn't stop laughing the whole time. It hurt, but it was fun, just because it was with crew people. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

TG's Rowing Thread
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next