DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

TG's Rowing Thread

Go down 
+5
catbox_9
bobrob2004
gdennis59
gs78
TG
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 pm

=]]
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 23, 2009 9:23 pm

So I am extremely sick. I had to go to practice today so I went to school. I went down to my coaches's classroom today because I COULD NOT practice in the afternoon. He got really mad and said if I'm not there tomorrow morning then I'm not going to be rowing in the regatta saturday. I don't feel good at all so I'm not going to do much good at practice.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Regatta today got postponed until tomorrow.

If the lineups don't change I'm in 2 races, WILL medal in one of them.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedWed Apr 29, 2009 12:00 pm

It's been very hard lately. Morning and afternoon practices for 2 hours or more.

Our regatta is at home this weekend, so we'll be at wyandotte boat club all day saturday.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat May 02, 2009 5:30 am

TG wrote:
When you have to lose ten pounds in less than a week.... they are necessary. But I'm not going to. Whatever

What kind of diet pills is everyone taking?. The FDA said today that Hydroxycut causes liver damage and has already killed at least one person.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat May 02, 2009 11:31 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
When you have to lose ten pounds in less than a week.... they are necessary. But I'm not going to. Whatever

What kind of diet pills is everyone taking?. The FDA said today that Hydroxycut causes liver damage and has already killed at least one person.
well on wednesday my coach told me to drop 11 pounds by saturday. I basically laughed and walked away. Dropped 3 pounds. He got pissed because I couldn't row my light weight boat. He said I should have been going on sweat runs and stopped eatting.

But to answer your question.... we have a few people taking laxatives. My friend Andres told me I'm not allowed to use hydroxycut and told me about the recall today.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSun May 03, 2009 5:21 pm

So basically this is how this weekend went.

Coach got mad at me for not making light weight. I only ended up in 1 boat, which came in second to last. We blame the coxie.

2 boats made finals, and then came in last.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSun May 03, 2009 6:11 pm

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

well on wednesday my coach told me to drop 11 pounds by saturday. I basically laughed and walked away. Dropped 3 pounds. He got pissed because I couldn't row my light weight boat. He said I should have been going on sweat runs and stopped eatting.

But to answer your question.... we have a few people taking laxatives. My friend Andres told me I'm not allowed to use hydroxycut and told me about the recall today.

I took diet pills for wrestling to make weight once.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSun May 03, 2009 8:14 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Bad idea?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSun May 03, 2009 8:40 pm

TG wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Bad idea?

Yes.

Realistically, diet pills need to be reclassified. Currently they are supplements and therefore not regulated. They should be classified as medication which would force them to be regulated. There isn't a single diet pill out there that is FDA-approved. Nobody in their right mind would take a headache pill that wasn't FDA-approved, yet they have no problem taking diet pills that aren't.

If there was a diet pill that was actually safe and worth using, wouldn't everyone be using it?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSun May 03, 2009 9:29 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Bad idea?

Yes.

Realistically, diet pills need to be reclassified. Currently they are supplements and therefore not regulated. They should be classified as medication which would force them to be regulated. There isn't a single diet pill out there that is FDA-approved. Nobody in their right mind would take a headache pill that wasn't FDA-approved, yet they have no problem taking diet pills that aren't.

If there was a diet pill that was actually safe and worth using, wouldn't everyone be using it?
Well... maybe? But there are some that I wouldn't use because they majorly mess up your metabolism. So they are safe but not going to help you at all.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedMon May 04, 2009 4:53 am

Messing up your metabolism isn't good.

Who says they're safe. Not doctors. Not the FDA. Not drug companies.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedMon May 04, 2009 4:31 pm

:shrug: Oh well. I'm not using them, I'm not willing to make myself sick trying to make wait. Coach can just deal with it. He was talking bad about me to the other coaches at morning practice today an I got really pissed off because he was like, "Yah 2 of my novice girls decided not to make weight this weekend which messed everything up and I shouldn't even put them in a boat" Yah we didn't decide not to we decided we didn't want to kill ourselves.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 11:33 am

I am way too stressed out from rowing!
Alright so this weekend we lost but our guys light weight boat had an AMAZING sprint it was so cool.
This girl wanted to fight me. Now she doesn't.
This other girl fought two girls and is now off the team. She was our coxswain and now we don't have one for my JR 8 boat...
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 5:48 pm

TG wrote:
Alright so this weekend we lost but our guys light weight boat had an AMAZING sprint it was so cool.
This other girl fought two girls and is now off the team. She was our coxswain and now we don't have one for my JR 8 boat...

Maybe she should take up boxing instead of rowing lol!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:13 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

haha. Maybe
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:16 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

haha. Maybe

How come someone else can't be coxswain?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:18 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

haha. Maybe

You have to be trained and we only have 2 more regattas so he doesn't want to try to train someone new.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:21 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

haha. Maybe

You have to be trained and we only have 2 more regattas so he doesn't want to try to train someone new.

So that means your boat won't race in the regattas?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:33 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

haha. Maybe

It will that just means he has to mess up all our boats to get a coxswain and someone will probobly end up hot seating.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:38 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

haha. Maybe

It will that just means he has to mess up all our boats to get a coxswain and someone will probobly end up hot seating.

What is hot seating? scratch
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:43 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

haha. Maybe

What is hot seating? scratch

It's where either a coxswain or a rower finishes one race, gets to the dock, and there is another boat waiting for them which they jump in and go start another race. OR it's when 1 race gets done the boat gets back everyone gets out and then another group takes that boat out for their race.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Yup Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat May 16, 2009 10:54 pm

So this weekend only my girls JV 8 (my boat) and the lightweight guys 4 (which my brother is in) got to go to the regatta.

The guys got third in the heat and made it to finals, then did bad.

WE did amazing considering the teams we were racing and all of them were 3 year rowers. They announced we got third, meaning we went to finals. I was the happiest person ever. I was smiling sooo much. And then they looked at pictures.... we got fourth by .2 of a second. Half my boat was crying. We were all so mad.

AND the rest of our team wasn't there Frown that was sad.

But it was a pretty good day considering every other race we have either got DFL or second to last
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedMon May 18, 2009 8:01 pm

DFL?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedMon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm

DFL = Dead Censored Last
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedMon May 18, 2009 9:39 pm

TG wrote:
DFL = Dead Censored Last

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedMon May 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Mhm Smile
So it's a bad thing to get that, and we didn't last weekend.

THIS weekend however we are racing candian teams and they are all amazing....
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minipostedWed May 20, 2009 4:04 pm

TG wrote:
Mhm Smile
So it's a bad thing to get that, and we didn't last weekend.

THIS weekend however we are racing candian teams and they are all amazing....

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TG's Rowing Thread   TG's Rowing Thread - Page 6 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

TG's Rowing Thread
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next