DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype

Go down 
+5
SoulRat
gs78
kharmon
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:55 pm

SoulBAT wrote:

To be totally honest, I never really thought about the state flag. I've never had one, nor had to handle one, so I've never really thought about it :shrug:

Well I know what to get you for your birthday :haha:

SoulCAT wrote:

And the fan blowing it on the floor accidently is just that, an accident.

Well I could always move the fan or go buy some cheap curtains...

SouOX wrote:

Really? I'm pretty conservative but I've always been very strongly pro-choice. I look at it this way, there are enough unwanted children around for one. And if Roe vs. Wade ever got overturned, women will still go to extreme measures to abort their unwanted fetuses. The question to me is, do I want a professionally trained doctor to perform these procedures or do I want these women to kill themselves with a coat hanger? Sorry to be so crude ashamed but yeah, I've very very pro-choice, always have been. Must be the woman in me :haha:

I guess I figured pretty conservative always meant pretty pro-life. I agree 100,000% with everything you said in that section though Nod high 5
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:22 pm

Well, I am very conservative in my personal life, but that doesn't mean that I think everyone should have to conform to my beliefs and think the same way I do. I also could give 2 Censored less about gay marriage. Which doesn't exactly fall into the GOP ideals either :haha:

I'm just a redneck who wants to be left the hell alone by the government LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:28 pm

SoulRat wrote:
I also could give 2 Censored less about gay marriage. Which doesn't exactly fall into the GOP ideals either :haha:
high 5

You're my kind of non-liberal Nod

SoulRat wrote:

:haha: That's my take on most things. I mean some issues (drug control, gun control, etc.) might have an affect on people (drug addicts could kill you with guns or something) but most issues won't affect you at all, so why complain. I mean you can be the least gay person in the world but if two gay people get married how can that possibly affect you? For all I care bigamy should be legal, too. What the hell business is it of mine if 3, 4, or more people all want to be married at the same time. I'd rather have a whole group of people that love each other be married and raise some sort of family than some cracked out woman raising a child with a dad in jail.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

You're my kind of non-liberal Nod

Oh I'm sure there are things we can find to disagree on :haha:

SoulRat wrote:

catbox_9 wrote:

:haha: That's my take on most things. I mean some issues (drug control, gun control, etc.) might have an affect on people (drug addicts could kill you with guns or something) but most issues won't affect you at all, so why complain. I mean you can be the least gay person in the world but if two gay people get married how can that possibly affect you? For all I care bigamy should be legal, too. What the hell business is it of mine if 3, 4, or more people all want to be married at the same time. I'd rather have a whole group of people that love each other be married and raise some sort of family than some cracked out woman raising a child with a dad in jail.

Don't get me started on gun control :haha: I personally won't allow guns in my house but not because I don't think we should have them, we actually do in fact own guns, but I won't let them be in my house for the simple reason that I truly believe my children would shoot me.

But yeah, things that don't really effect me, I could care less. Let the Mormons be Mormons, as long as they aren't all on welfare for me to take care of.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:00 pm

SoulRat wrote:

Oh I'm sure there are things we can find to disagree on :haha:

Didn't we already do that with the flag? Let's see...we already did guns, abortion, bigamy.....stem cells? I'd guess you're in favor of those? I mean most pro-choice people are. Capital punishment maybe?

SoulRat wrote:

Don't get me started on gun control :haha: I personally won't allow guns in my house but not because I don't think we should have them, we actually do in fact own guns, but I won't let them be in my house for the simple reason that I truly believe my children would shoot me.

But yeah, things that don't really effect me, I could care less. Let the Mormons be Mormons, as long as they aren't all on welfare for me to take care of.

Yeah, I meant to imply the welfare thing. Just get rid of welfare all together. I mean if you don't have money don't have kids. If you dropped out of 5th grade, move to Nebraska and work at McDonalds. Use that income and live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Problem solved....

....poor Nebraska - I send all the people I don't want to have to deal with there :haha: It's the best state for jobless-types though - it's not too cold in the winter and it's got to be right up there in cheapest states to live in. It's plenty big and there's plenty of empty space.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:07 pm

LOL did we? I thought we disagreed on standing for the pledge :haha:

LMAO Poor Nebraska. Montana is rather large too, but oh yeah, it gets cold. Also Nebraska usually has something growing in it doesn't it? Like... corn and stuff... LMAO
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Oh.... stem cells. Absolutely use them. Capital punishment... fry 'em.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:13 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Oh.... stem cells. Absolutely use them.

high 5 McCain agrees, too Whew

catbox_9 wrote:
Capital punishment... fry 'em.

I used to say that but my stance is changing a bit...
It costs more to execute someone than to put them in jail for life (all those appeals cost taxpayers big $$$).
Capital punishment does nothing to deter would-be criminals.

If you ignore that I have no problem executing people IF AND ONLY IF they admit their guilt. I know juries are only supposed to convict if the person is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but what about those unreasonable doubts? Like the old saying goes, I'd rather let 100 guilty people go than convict 1 innocent person (even if you include the "letting 100 guilty people go is convicting 200 innocent people" argument).

Basically, if the person admits they are guilty and we can kill them right now, go for it! Otherwise, I'd rather not.

I don't have a problem with people killing themselves through euthanasia though whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Don't you ever get tired? LMAO I still say fry 'em but do away with the years of appeals, those are just ridiculous.

Euthanasia. I totally agree with this. If I am fatally ill and want to kill myself with the help of a doctor then for Censored sake, let me!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:28 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Don't you ever get tired? LMAO I still say fry 'em but do away with the years of appeals, those are just ridiculous.

Agreed, but only if they are guilty beyond all doubts - even unreasonable doubts.

SoulRat wrote:

Euthanasia. I totally agree with this. If I am fatally ill and want to kill myself with the help of a doctor then for Censored sake, let me!

So we agree again? At this point I'd say you're a pretty moderate conservative, not super right-wing.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

No, I'm not super right-wing and I get more moderate the older I get. My husband informs me of this every time we discuss politics :haha: He is super right-wing, political discussions with him are like this...

Mr. SoulRat -- "This is what I think and I'm right"
SoulRat -- "I don't agree with you"
Mr. SoulRat -- "Then you are wrong"

LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 pm

SoulRat wrote:
No, I'm not super right-wing and I get more moderate the older I get. My husband informs me of this every time we discuss politics :haha: He is super right-wing, political discussions with him are like this...

Mr. SoulRat -- "This is what I think and I'm right"
SoulRat -- "I don't agree with you"
Mr. SoulRat -- "Then you are wrong"

LMAO

:haha: I hate those types of conversations. I try and have a reasoning behind each of my beliefs. While I don't always agree with the opposing viewpoint, I can rationalize how they form them in almost every case (although for the life of me I can't understand what's wrong with stem cell research - what's wrong with using medical waste to save someone. I mean if you didn't research on the stem cells they'd basically be in the garbage can. It's not like they get women pregnant, abort their fetuses right away, pay the women, and then do research on the aborted fetuses. That I would have a huge problem with, but that's not even close to what actually happens).
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:47 pm

LMAO Seriously, he drives me insane, by now I just nod and agree with him.

And yeah, I never understood that either about stem cell reasearch. It's stupid. That is my reasoning, it's stupid not to use them LMAO So there :haha:
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 pm

Well some people oppose just about everything. Some people oppose certain means of disease-fighting things that come in packages that can be purchased out of machines in bathrooms (hopefully that's clear enough to only be understood by some people cross fingers ). I'd further my sentiments on what they say people can and can't do with others and themself, but it gets too hard to explain without saying something that shouldn't be seen by little kids.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:53 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Well some people oppose just about everything. Some people oppose certain means of disease-fighting things that come in packages that can be purchased out of machines in bathrooms (hopefully that's clear enough to only be understood by some people cross fingers ). I'd further my sentiments on what they say people can and can't do with others and themself, but it gets too hard to explain without saying something that shouldn't be seen by little kids.

Maybe that's why I'm more moderate the older I get, I don't have the energy to fight over every little thing anymore. I'm old. And tired.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 pm

If you think you're old now, give it a while. I mean, I can think of a few people older than you. 40 is the new 30 so really you're like a 30 year old.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Stunned

Head Slap
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Sorry :haha:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 10:02 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Sorry :haha:

Shut Up Liar.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 1:44 am

Marriage should be between a man and woman

And none of this bigamy BS the Mormons Practice

And I say Capital Punishment should be used as much as possible

None of that lethal injection

Put em in the Chair!

Zap their brains out! lol2

May as well get it going here,too

Sorry
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 2:39 am

gs78 wrote:
Why?

gs78 wrote:

Again, why? What harm does it do to you if a group of people are married? Also, Mormons haven't practiced bigamy in over a century.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 2:46 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
Why?

gs78 wrote:

Again, why? What harm does it do to you if a group of people are married? Also, Mormons haven't practiced bigamy in over a century.

It goes against God and the Bible
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 2:54 am

Not everyone is Christian. As there is no official religion of the United States why does it matter if people go against The Bible? A lot of stuff goes against the Bible but people do it anyways. Of the 10 Commandments, only disobeying 2 of them (thou shall not steal and thou shall not kill) are crimes.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 2:55 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Not everyone is Christian. As there is no official religion of the United States why does it matter if people go against The Bible? A lot of stuff goes against the Bible but people do it anyways. Of the 10 Commandments, only disobeying 2 of them (thou shall not steal and thou shall not kill) are crimes.

Even so,

We didn't have gay marriage 100 years ago

Why have it now!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 2:58 am

If we allow the gays and the bigamists to marry;

What's next?

Child Molesters marrying young boys?

Fathers marrying their own daughters

Moms marrying their own sons

It is a slippery slope!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 2:59 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Even so,

Why have it now!

That's not really a good argument at all. Without progress we'd still have slaves, women wouldn't be able to vote, etc.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 3:00 am

gs78 wrote:

What's next?

It is a slippery slope!

Those are all completely different. Gay marriage and polygamy cause no harm to anyone. Child molesters obviously cause lots of problems and child molestation is illegal. Incest has numerous problems (genetics, etc.) and is also illegal. There is nothing illegal about sexual minorities doing what they do so long as they aren't married - same goes for polygamists.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Even so,

Why have it now!

That's not really a good argument at all. Without progress we'd still have slaves, women wouldn't be able to vote, etc.

Progress sucks!

30 years ago; Complete Games were plentiful; Tiger Stadium was King;

Umpires used outside protectors, wore sportcoats, ties and dress shirts and no instant replay was needed
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 am

gs78 wrote:

Progress sucks!

30 years ago; Complete Games were plentiful; Tiger Stadium was King;

Umpires used outside protectors, wore sportcoats, ties and dress shirts and no instant replay was needed

None of that has anything to do with this issue. While I'd agree that that particular form of progress sucks, actual progress doesn't.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

What's next?

It is a slippery slope!

Those are all completely different. Gay marriage and polygamy cause no harm to anyone. Child molesters obviously cause lots of problems and child molestation is illegal. Incest has numerous problems (genetics, etc.) and is also illegal. There is nothing illegal about sexual minorities doing what they do so long as they aren't married - same goes for polygamists.

Causes harm to the moral fabric of our society

Let the Gays go back in the closet

Like Rock Hudson!

Things were much better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next