DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype

Go down 
+5
SoulRat
gs78
kharmon
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Empty
PostSubject: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 11:11 pm

In order to be fair, I thought we should have an anti-McCain thread to go with our anti-Obama thread.

Here it is!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 11:27 pm

I agree! I am sick of the POW stuff too, but it isn't coming out of the McCain camp! I am sick of politicians and their lies, both sides!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 pm

McCain is not a conservative, never was.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Mccain's not a conservative? What is his stand on gay marriage? Abortion? War? No! No! Yes! Sounds like every other conservative republican out there. I just got done reading three different blogs about him. I want to know what each stands for before I take sides and all three commented on Mccain's inconsistencies.

" John McCain: voted against Bush tax cuts, then voted to make them permanent; attacked concept of a withdrawal date from Iraq and then proposed his own 2013 withdrawal date; created Gang of 14 and then said he’d nominate ‘constructionist judges.’ John McCain: passionate advocate of amnesty for illegal aliens who then swore he would oppose amnesty for illegal aliens;"

I don't want a president who can't even make up his mind about what he wants. Isn't that one of the biggest fears of having a female president?

I haven't read everything about the two of them, but that's what I get so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 2:33 pm

At least McCain was a War Hero in Vietnam

Obama won't even wear an American Flag lapel on his sportcoat
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Obama won't even stand for the Pledge of Allegiance Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 3:09 pm

SoulRat wrote:

That is bullshit!

Yet; people overlook that;

Yesterday; I saw so many people in Detroit that were wearing Obama Shirts; Not just blacks;

Whites, Asians, Arabs and Latinos; Of all ages, too.

You think Elvis or the Beatles were in concert
rant rant rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 4:24 pm

SoulRat wrote:

I won't stand for God Bless America at a baseball game nor will I stand and applaud the Marines when they all stand and applaud during the playing of The Shores of Triploi whistle
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 4:56 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

I won't stand for God Bless America at a baseball game nor will I stand and applaud the Marines when they all stand and applaud during the playing of The Shores of Triploi whistle

Yeah! but your not running for President, either
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 4:58 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

I am surprised people don't yell at you when you do that.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 5:04 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

I would! lol2
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 5:14 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Not the same No We are taught as children to respect the Pledge. It's one of the first things we are ever taught, and he can't even make himself stand for it, yet he's running for President? Disgusting.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

In San Diego I get dirty looks for not saluting the marines. It's a pretty military-oriented city so that's borderline treason.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 1:54 am

SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Not the same No We are taught as children to respect the Pledge. It's one of the first things we are ever taught, and he can't even make himself stand for it, yet he's running for President? Disgusting.

Oh, I don't stand for the pledge of allegiance either whistle

My personal belief is forcing people to behave in a symbolic way goes against the freedom those symbols stand for.

On a somewhat related matter, I very, very strongly oppose any Constitutional amendment banning flag burning.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 2:00 am

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

My personal belief is forcing people to behave in a symbolic way goes against the freedom those symbols stand for.

On a somewhat related matter, I very, very strongly oppose any Constitutional amendment banning flag burning.

Do you stand for the Canadian National Anthem?

Or boo it like they did in LA
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 am

I stand for the Canadian anthem (and ours although I never, ever place my hands anywhere but at my sides).

I also stand for Take Me Out to the Ballgame - not doing so is treason Nod
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 am

catbox_9 wrote:
I stand for the Canadian anthem (and ours although I never, ever place my hands anywhere but at my sides).

I also stand for Take Me Out to the Ballgame - not doing so is treason Nod

YAY!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 2:10 am

If they played the Chinese national anthem for some reason, I'd probably give a Nazi salute to that...or I'd be a wimp and not stand.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 2:11 am

catbox_9 wrote:
If they played the Chinese national anthem for some reason, I'd probably give a Nazi salute to that...or I'd be a wimp and not stand.

I would puke
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:21 am

catbox_9 wrote:

Well, if you were running for President of the United States and I watched you refuse to stand for the pledge, I'm sure I would be disgusted with you too lol2

Burning the flag is the proper way to dispose of one.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 12:37 pm

SoulRat wrote:
I'm ...disgusted with you too

Frown

SoulRat wrote:

But not if there's nothing wrong with it and it's as a form of protest. I mean you can get in trouble for burning your draft card but if you're sitting at home smoking a cigarette and it catches on fire by accident it's not a big deal. Speaking of draft cards, the Supreme Court ruled that wearing a shirt that read "F- the Draft" in court was legal (of course said shirt had 3 more letters in the first word whistle ).
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 12:52 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
I'm ...disgusted with you too

Frown

SoulRat wrote:

But not if there's nothing wrong with it and it's as a form of protest. I mean you can get in trouble for burning your draft card but if you're sitting at home smoking a cigarette and it catches on fire by accident it's not a big deal. Speaking of draft cards, the Supreme Court ruled that wearing a shirt that read "F- the Draft" in court was legal (of course said shirt had 3 more letters in the first word whistle ).

:haha: I love how you pick and choose what to frown about LMAO

And yeah I know, I'm just saying, you couldn't very well make a constitutional amendment saying you can't burn the flag. People would just say "hey, I'm disposing of it" :haha:
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Although...I think there would be many people who would support such a constitutional amendment...especially those of us who have fought to protect what that flag stands for....freedom!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Although...I think there would be many people who would support such a constitutional amendment...especially those of us who have fought to protect what that flag stands for....freedom!

Burning the flag other than for disposal is also disgusting to me and in truth I think I would have a hard time even burning an old one. I was stunned when I learned that was the proper way to get rid of one. I know my husband would fight to his death for such an amendment though.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 5:44 pm

I guess there's a few flag-supporters here. They may not find this question amusing...

Spoiler:

Speaking of doing things to piss people off....when my mom used to force me to go to church I used to read the Qur'an rather than listen to the sermon whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
flag stands for....freedom!

Wouldn't it also stand for the freedom to be able to burn it in protest? While I have never burned a flag nor can I ever envision myself burning one (I'm too lazy to protest) I think restricting the ability to burn the flag goes against the freedom it represents in the first place.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:07 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I guess there's a few flag-supporters here. They may not find this question amusing...

Spoiler:

Speaking of doing things to piss people off....when my mom used to force me to go to church I used to read the Qur'an rather than listen to the sermon whistle

Yes it would be, the flag isn't supposed to touch the floor or ground. No

However, that being said, who the hell am I to tell you what you can use the flag for? Just because things disgust me doesn't mean you don't have the right to do it. I also would never get an abortion, but that wouldn't stop me from defending your right to get one.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:08 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
(I'm too lazy to protest)

LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:27 pm

SoulRat wrote:

What if it was a state flag? You don't see a lot of people making a big deal out of state flags for some reason. They say you should never, ever fly your state's flag higher than the nation's flag (unless you're Texas - they can fly theirs at the same height since Texas was once a sovereign nation). Personally, I think of myself as Californian more than American. Still I wouldn't go out of my way to disrespect either flag (burning, using it as a rug, etc.). It's just that if my fan blows my temporary curtain onto the floor I don't really get upset.

SoulGoat wrote:

I also would never get an abortion, but that wouldn't stop me from defending your right to get one.

Stunned I wouldn't have guessed that last part. That's the way I feel. I would never get one (well duh!) but I sure as hell won't stop people from getting one. I hate to over-generalize and sound pretty harsh, but look at the people that get abortions. Very rarely is the woman married and well-off financially. The would-be mother is usually a 13-year-old drug addicted destined to raise a kid who will grow up to be the same.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

What if it was a state flag? You don't see a lot of people making a big deal out of state flags for some reason. They say you should never, ever fly your state's flag higher than the nation's flag (unless you're Texas - they can fly theirs at the same height since Texas was once a sovereign nation). Personally, I think of myself as Californian more than American. Still I wouldn't go out of my way to disrespect either flag (burning, using it as a rug, etc.). It's just that if my fan blows my temporary curtain onto the floor I don't really get upset.

To be totally honest, I never really thought about the state flag. I've never had one, nor had to handle one, so I've never really thought about it :shrug:

And the fan blowing it on the floor accidently is just that, an accident.

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRAT wrote:

I also would never get an abortion, but that wouldn't stop me from defending your right to get one.

Stunned I wouldn't have guessed that last part. That's the way I feel. I would never get one (well duh!) but I sure as hell won't stop people from getting one. I hate to over-generalize and sound pretty harsh, but look at the people that get abortions. Very rarely is the woman married and well-off financially. The would-be mother is usually a 13-year-old drug addicted destined to raise a kid who will grow up to be the same.

Really? I'm pretty conservative but I've always been very strongly pro-choice. I look at it this way, there are enough unwanted children around for one. And if Roe vs. Wade ever got overturned, women will still go to extreme measures to abort their unwanted fetuses. The question to me is, do I want a professionally trained doctor to perform these procedures or do I want these women to kill themselves with a coat hanger? Sorry to be so crude ashamed but yeah, I've very very pro-choice, always have been. Must be the woman in me :haha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next