DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype

Go down 
+5
SoulRat
gs78
kharmon
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:33 pm

gs78 wrote:

I don't want my money going to aid terror Catbox!

Be it the Church or the American Government

This has nothing to do with people going to hell

The church has tons of money. Should the money go to the clergy or the building of fancy churches or should it go to helping people? Isn't the whole point of religion to help people? There's a huge difference between the church going to other nations and the US government intervening in matters they shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm

The church going to other countries has nothing to do with the government. How exactly are you going to stop that?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

I don't want my money going to aid terror Catbox!

Be it the Church or the American Government

This has nothing to do with people going to hell

The church has tons of money. Should the money go to the clergy or the building of fancy churches or should it go to helping people? Isn't the whole point of religion to help people? There's a huge difference between the church going to other nations and the US government intervening in matters they shouldn't.

They should send me some money

Oh wait

I am rich according to Obama's tax breaks

Plus I am White

Never Mind
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:37 pm

SoulRat wrote:
The church going to other countries has nothing to do with the government. How exactly are you going to stop that?

Have an official religion in the U.S

:shrug:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 pm

gs78 wrote:

Plus I am White

Never Mind

This makes no sense. I have a very good friend who was just helped out by her church and she's white.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 pm

gs78 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Are you Censored kidding me???!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:39 pm

SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Plus I am White

Never Mind

This makes no sense. I have a very good friend who was just helped out by her church and she's white.

But I am rich

According to Obama

So no money for me

I was using sarcasm, too
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:40 pm

gs78 wrote:

Oh wait

Plus I am White

Never Mind

You're mixing politics and religion. First of all, Obama is not a Catholic (neither is McCain) so neither one of them has anything to do with what the Catholic church does.

They won't send you money because according to the Catholic church's definition you are rich. You live in a dwelling with electricity, water, etc. That can't be said for the vast majority of people in third world countires. The Catholic Church wants to help the most needy first which is reasonable - if you break break a finger and go to the ER and someone else there was in a car accident and is barely alive, they won't help you first.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:41 pm

gs78 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Plus I am White

Never Mind

But I am rich

According to Obama

So no money for me

I was using sarcasm, too

Obama has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not your church helps you out gs. I dislike the guy too, but come on...
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:41 pm

gs78 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

That is treason. That is also what Mike Huckabee proposed...although it wasn't nearly as drastic.

Last edited by catbox_9 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:47 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Oh wait

Plus I am White

Never Mind

You're mixing politics and religion. First of all, Obama is not a Catholic (neither is McCain) so neither one of them has anything to do with what the Catholic church does.

They won't send you money because according to the Catholic church's definition you are rich. You live in a dwelling with electricity, water, etc. That can't be said for the vast majority of people in third world countires. The Catholic Church wants to help the most needy first which is reasonable - if you break break a finger and go to the ER and someone else there was in a car accident and is barely alive, they won't help you first.

Maybe I need to stop being a member of the Catholic Church

Find a religion that will benefit me
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 4:48 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

That is treason. That is also what Mike Huckabee proposed...although it wasn't nearly as drastic.

I like Huckabee
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 6:01 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Oh wait

Plus I am White

Never Mind

We do forget how good we have it compared to most people in the world Neutral
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 6:03 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Oh wait

Plus I am White

Never Mind

We do forget how good we have it compared to most people in the world Neutral

But a lot of people don't appreciate us helping

Be it the Church

or the American Government

Americans are the bad guys in their eyes
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Well for a lot of them it's lack of education and/or jealousy, or being brainwashed that we are "evil", etc.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 05, 2008 6:09 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
Well for a lot of them it's lack of education and/or jealousy, or being brainwashed that we are "evil", etc.

That would be one thing;

But when these nations help aid terror

it is another
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 12:07 am

gs78 wrote:
iluvpudge7 wrote:

That would be one thing;

it is another

How is sending missionaries to Africa aiding terror?
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 1:33 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

The Catholic Church should be more concerned about the poor in this country.

I don't mind traditional masses.

But why do they continue to have missions in nations; especially in ones that don't appreciate them in the first place

What's wrong with other countries? They aren't the US Government, their responsibility is not Americans, but rather people. Why should Americans be given preferential treatment. People didn't choose to be Americans so it seems unreasonable to focus solely on Americans.

But like bobrob said, I really think they should permit birth control. I mean most people don't want 8+ kids and without birth control that's what is going to happen because people do things...let's leave it at that.

Going back to another issue, condoms are a lot better form of birth control than abortion. If people used birth control properly you wouldn't need or have abortion.

Let's keep giving money to third world nations that hate us

Be it the Church or the State.

Makes a lot of Sense

NOT!

The Catholic Church is not an American founded religion. It was around way before it was brought over here. Why should they care more about America's problems over other nations? The church wasn't started here, it was brought over here because of one of those missions you seem to be opposed to or immigration one of the two. Why do people just assume because something is practiced over here that we have some claim on it? The USA is not the center of the universe, maybe once everyone figures that out we might actually be able to make some progress as a nation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 1:56 am

kharmon wrote:

The Catholic Church is not an American founded religion. It was around way before it was brought over here. Why should they care more about America's problems over other nations? The church wasn't started here, it was brought over here because of one of those missions you seem to be opposed to or immigration one of the two. Why do people just assume because something is practiced over here that we have some claim on it? The USA is not the center of the universe, maybe once everyone figures that out we might actually be able to make some progress as a nation.

high 5

Since we're establishing a US religion Rolling Eyes ...

BREAKING NEWS

Everyone must become Mormon effective immediately. As Mormonism is the only major religion founded in the US it must be the one true faith. Conversion is mandatory under penalty of death. You are not to leave this country. All passports owned by anyone are hereby revoked. Non-US citizens are to be executed at once and anyone who attempts to enter this country shall meet the same fate. US citizens currently traveling abroad are to be executed upon their return as they should not have left the country.

-------------------

Is that what we want?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:09 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
iluvpudge7 wrote:

That would be one thing;

it is another

Al Quada is in Africa; Half of the African Nations are run by juntas

Follow the money trail
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:12 am

kharmon wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

The Catholic Church should be more concerned about the poor in this country.

I don't mind traditional masses.

But why do they continue to have missions in nations; especially in ones that don't appreciate them in the first place

What's wrong with other countries? They aren't the US Government, their responsibility is not Americans, but rather people. Why should Americans be given preferential treatment. People didn't choose to be Americans so it seems unreasonable to focus solely on Americans.

But like bobrob said, I really think they should permit birth control. I mean most people don't want 8+ kids and without birth control that's what is going to happen because people do things...let's leave it at that.

Going back to another issue, condoms are a lot better form of birth control than abortion. If people used birth control properly you wouldn't need or have abortion.

Let's keep giving money to third world nations that hate us

Be it the Church or the State.

Makes a lot of Sense

NOT!

Maybe so;

But the world is an evil place

We need a leader that has America's interests first

Barrack Obama is not that person
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:12 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
iluvpudge7 wrote:

That would be one thing;

it is another

Follow the money trail

Okay....how is sending missionaries to New Zealand aiding in terrorism? 56% of people in New Zealand are Christian but Roman Catholicism is not the most common form of Christianity there. At best only 25% of the population is Catholic, probably substantially less.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:15 am

gs78 wrote:

Maybe so;

NOBODY is talking about Obama here! The CATHOLIC CHURCH should NOT have America's interests first. They ARE NOT an American institution. There are far more Catholics outside of the United States than within the United States. Placing America's interests above the rest of the world would be incredibly foolish for the Catholic to attempt.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:16 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
iluvpudge7 wrote:

That would be one thing;

it is another

Follow the money trail

Okay....how is sending missionaries to New Zealand aiding in terrorism? 56% of people in New Zealand are Christian but Roman Catholicism is not the most common form of Christianity there. At best only 25% of the population is Catholic, probably substantially less.

Do they even send them to New Zealand?

Most Missions are in Latin and South America, Asia and Africa

There are more Muslims in Indonesia than Iraq and Iran;

Chavez in Venezuela is sending oil money { CITGO] to aid America's enemies
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:18 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Maybe so;

NOBODY is talking about Obama here! The CATHOLIC CHURCH should NOT have America's interests first. They ARE NOT an American institution. There are far more Catholics outside of the United States than within the United States. Placing America's interests above the rest of the world would be incredibly foolish for the Catholic to attempt.

They are when they are encouraging people in America to vote for Obama
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:18 am

gs78 wrote:

That's just an example, but YES they do - Bishop Jean Baptiste Pompallier was the first Catholic missionary sent to New Zealand...back in 1838.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Maybe so;

Who? I highly doubt that the Roman Catholic Church is urging Americans to vote for Obama.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:19 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

That's just an example, but YES they do - Bishop Jean Baptiste Pompallier was the first Catholic missionary sent to New Zealand...back in 1838.

Where do you get this information bow
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Maybe so;

Who? I highly doubt that the Roman Catholic Church is urging Americans to vote for Obama.

Maybe not the heirachy in Rome

But they are in the Detroit area

Same as the black churches in Detroit are
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:21 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Where do you get this information bow

I googled "Catholic Missionaries in New Zealand"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 5 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next