DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype

Go down 
+5
SoulRat
gs78
kharmon
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:23 am

gs78 wrote:

Maybe not the heirachy in Rome

But they are in the Detroit area

Same as the black churches in Detroit are

But we aren't talking about them or politics. This whole argument began with you saying Catholics need to stop being missionaries. Catholic missionaries aren't going to promote Obama - all they do is try to convert non-Catholics to Catholicism and build them housing/churches/etc. They don't deal with "important" (high-ranking) people, just the average super poor person who lives in a hut or something.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:25 am

Personally; I think religion should stay out of politics

I once dated a girl who was baptist

The Preacher at her Church would bash Clinton every Sunday during his Sermons
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:27 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Maybe not the heirachy in Rome

But they are in the Detroit area

Same as the black churches in Detroit are

But we aren't talking about them or politics. This whole argument began with you saying Catholics need to stop being missionaries. Catholic missionaries aren't going to promote Obama - all they do is try to convert non-Catholics to Catholicism and build them housing/churches/etc. They don't deal with "important" (high-ranking) people, just the average super poor person who lives in a hut or something.

But they are getting money from Catholics in America!

OK I am not saying the missions are promoting Obama

But I am questioning where the money trail is going?

And I believe some of it is falling into the wrong hands
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:34 am

kharmon wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

The Catholic Church should be more concerned about the poor in this country.

I don't mind traditional masses.

But why do they continue to have missions in nations; especially in ones that don't appreciate them in the first place

What's wrong with other countries? They aren't the US Government, their responsibility is not Americans, but rather people. Why should Americans be given preferential treatment. People didn't choose to be Americans so it seems unreasonable to focus solely on Americans.

But like bobrob said, I really think they should permit birth control. I mean most people don't want 8+ kids and without birth control that's what is going to happen because people do things...let's leave it at that.

Going back to another issue, condoms are a lot better form of birth control than abortion. If people used birth control properly you wouldn't need or have abortion.

Let's keep giving money to third world nations that hate us

Be it the Church or the State.

Makes a lot of Sense

NOT!

The Catholic Church is not an American founded religion. It was around way before it was brought over here. Why should they care more about America's problems over other nations? The church wasn't started here, it was brought over here because of one of those missions you seem to be opposed to or immigration one of the two. Why do people just assume because something is practiced over here that we have some claim on it? The USA is not the center of the universe, maybe once everyone figures that out we might actually be able to make some progress as a nation.

We are not the center of the universe; But we are leaders of the free world;

And I rather see at least the American Catholic archdoises focus more on problems here than abroad and keep their political views to themselves

Same goes for the Methodists, Baptists, Mormons and all religions
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:34 am

Wasn't Scientology founded in America too. Even though I'm Mormon I would love to see the official religion of the USA be Scientology. That seems like a fun religion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:36 am

kharmon wrote:
Wasn't Scientology founded in America too. Even though I'm Mormon I would love to see the official religion of the USA be Scientology. That seems like a fun religion.

I think it was!

Isn't Tom Cruise a member?
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:40 am

gs78 wrote:

If we are a free world, then why are they trying to take my freedom over my body and what I choose to do with it away from me? Why are they trying to take my freedom to love who I want to love away from me? Why are they taking my freedom to not care what the bible says is wrong or right away from me? It's only a free world if we agree to what the "leaders of the free world" believe in. Kinda seems like a bunch of hypocritical bull$h1t to me.
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:42 am

gs78 wrote:
kharmon wrote:

I think it was!

Tom Cruise, John Trovolta and a bunch of other famous people. Yeah it was, I just looked it up. It was founded by an american sci-fi author
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:45 am

kharmon wrote:
gs78 wrote:
kharmon wrote:

I think it was!

Tom Cruise, John Trovolta and a bunch of other famous people. Yeah it was, I just looked it up. It was founded by an american sci-fi author

At least I am right about something! lol2
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:47 am

gs78 wrote:
kharmon wrote:
gs78 wrote:
kharmon wrote:

I think it was!

At least I am right about something! lol2

LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:49 am

gs78 wrote:

But people are CHOOSING to give away money. If the US Government was collecting taxes to do missionary work wherever, that would piss me off. If the US Government said "we want to do missionary work but don't have money. To donate please write to _____________" that's different. Nobody is forcing people to donate money to the church. If you don't like how they spend their money, don't give them any. I mean if the church was spending money to build a huge block of solid gold that they wanted to shoot to the moon and leave there, who cares? Sure, that's stupid but if people want to give them money for it oh well - it isn't your money.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:50 am

kharmon wrote:

Good point! Okay, that post a while back should say you have to either:

1. Be Mormon
  2. Be a Scientologist
  3. Die
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:55 am

I once thought of starting my own religion. I was going to call it Kristintology. One of the beliefs was going to be plural marriages for women.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:56 am

kharmon wrote:
gs78 wrote:

If we are a free world, then why are they trying to take my freedom over my body and what I choose to do with it away from me? Why are they trying to take my freedom to love who I want to love away from me? Why are they taking my freedom to not care what the bible says is wrong or right away from me? It's only a free world if we agree to what the "leaders of the free world" believe in. Kinda seems like a bunch of hypocritical bull$h1t to me.

I hear what you are saying; But do you really believe things will be so much better with Obama leading the U.S?

And as far as Abortion goes; I don't like it except if a woman is raped, incest or is in danger of dying.

However; No way in hell is Roe vs Wade being overturned; If it were; The abortion pill will become the new crack cocaine in this country and back alley abortions will be the rage.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 2:59 am

gs78 wrote:

However; No way in hell is Roe vs Wade being overturned; If it were; The abortion pill will become the new crack cocaine in this country and back alley abortions will be the rage.

That's very true. I don't care if you're the most conservative person ever - there's no way you can overturn Roe v. Wade. I have met people that say if a mother is going to die if she doesn't get an abortion she still shouldn't be allowed to get one - it's God's will for her to die. Even these people should agree Roe v. Wade should stay. I mean no matter how much you hate abortion, which is better?

A) A woman having a simple procedure performed to kill her baby.
B) A woman risking seriously injuring herself (and requiring tons of medical care) to kill it.

Surely it isn't B!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:00 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

That's very true. I don't care if you're the most conservative person ever - there's no way you can overturn Roe v. Wade. I have met people that say if a mother is going to die if she doesn't get an abortion she still shouldn't be allowed to get one - it's God's will for her to die. Even these people should agree Roe v. Wade should stay. I mean no matter how much you hate abortion, which is better?

A) A woman having a simple procedure performed to kill her baby.
B) A woman risking seriously injuring herself (and requiring tons of medical care) to kill it.

Surely it isn't B!

Nod
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:02 am

Speaking of drugs...

While I have never had even so much as a single puff of a cigarette (let alone anything more hardcore) I do believe that marijuana should be legalized. Why? Despite the fact it's illegal, TONS of people use it. Where do the people get it? From drug dealers. Do drug dealers pay taxes on the marijuana? Of course not. Let Marlbro sell marijuana and tons of money is made in taxes. If Marlbro sells marijuana drug dealers won't. Why? Have you ever met a drug dealer that sells tobacco? Of course not. Since most drug dealers do most of their business with marijuana, the legalization of marijuana will be far more effective in getting rid of drug dealers (and raising money which would therefore allow for lower taxes for all) than trying to arrest them.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:04 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Speaking of drugs...

While I have never had even so much as a single puff of a cigarette (let alone anything more hardcore) I do believe that marijuana should be legalized. Why? Despite the fact it's illegal, TONS of people use it. Where do the people get it? From drug dealers. Do drug dealers pay taxes on the marijuana? Of course not. Let Marlbro sell marijuana and tons of money is made in taxes. If Marlbro sells marijuana drug dealers won't. Why? Have you ever met a drug dealer that sells tobacco? Of course not. Since most drug dealers do most of their business with marijuana, the legalization of marijuana will be far more effective in getting rid of drug dealers (and raising money which would therefore allow for lower taxes for all) than trying to arrest them.

Ron Paul believes so!
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:05 am

unless your one of those over the top pro life people who think that killing a pregnant lady (or a room full of them) who is going to have an abortion is okay. I guess killing a pregnant lady who was going to kill the baby anyways is okay in their eyes.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

But people are CHOOSING to give away money. If the US Government was collecting taxes to do missionary work wherever, that would piss me off. If the US Government said "we want to do missionary work but don't have money. To donate please write to _____________" that's different. Nobody is forcing people to donate money to the church. If you don't like how they spend their money, don't give them any. I mean if the church was spending money to build a huge block of solid gold that they wanted to shoot to the moon and leave there, who cares? Sure, that's stupid but if people want to give them money for it oh well - it isn't your money.

True

But what pisses me off is that the same people who will donate money to people in the Sudan, Venezuela or Vietnam believe we need more tax dollars for welfare in the U.S
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 am

Maybe not legalize it, but decriminalize it like they did in Canada, that way it's still not considered legal but they can tax it.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:08 am

kharmon wrote:
Maybe not legalize it, but decriminalize it like they did in Canada, that way it's still not considered legal but they can tax it.

Nod
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:12 am

I don't smoke it, I'm allergic so it doesn't really matter to me, but if I ever wanted to I wouldn't want to go to jail.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:13 am

kharmon wrote:
I don't smoke it, I'm allergic so it doesn't really matter to me, but if I ever wanted to I wouldn't want to go to jail.

You are allergic to weed? Stunned
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:16 am

I wasn't always, but one day I started getting really sick and my throat would start closing up so I had to stop. Which was really sad because I hear that I'm a much nicer person when I'm high.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:17 am

kharmon wrote:
I wasn't always, but one day I started getting really sick and my throat would start closing up so I had to stop. Which was really sad because I hear that I'm a much nicer person when I'm high.

:haha:
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:21 am

So now I'm forced to drink for recreational fun.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:21 am

kharmon wrote:
So now I'm forced to drink for recreational fun.

clap
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:32 am

I need a drink...
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 06, 2008 3:36 am

catbox_9 wrote:
I need a drink...

You should have got one while you went for a walk; lol2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype   I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype - Page 6 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I am sick of the "I'm a POW" hype
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next