DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers Ideas

Go down 
+9
tigersaint
swiss_tiger
iluvpudge7
Ohios#1TigerFan
gs78
GoGetEmTigers
rickimouse
TigerLily
gdennis59
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 02, 2008 1:21 pm

good observations. I marvel at many who have left us. love tiger win or lose!
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 02, 2008 1:24 pm

The day I give up on this team, is the day I give up on living and Suicide ! :haha:
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 02, 2008 2:30 pm

I think we need to keep Los and left.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Los in left^^
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 10:37 am

Clip from a Jayson Stark artical

DETROIT TIGERS
WHAT WE EXPECTED: It was all so clear once upon a time. This was going to be one of the most terrifying lineups in the history of lineups. Right? Drop Miguel Cabrera into the middle of all this thunder and he might drive in 200 runs. Right? Even the modern record for runs scored in a season (1,067) was reachable. Right?

WHAT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENED:
Uhhh, wrong, wrong and wrong. No team in baseball has been shut out more times than the Tigers (nine). No team in the AL has scored two runs or fewer more times than the Tigers (23). And Cabrera, whose weight has headed upward while his OPS has headed downward (by 164 points), has been a perplexing disappointment. "It kinda looks," said one scout, "like his interest in getting in shape only lasted as long as it took to get his [new $152-million] contract signed."

BEST REASON TO THINK THEY'LL WIN:
The Tigers have 103 games left, and they can't be this bad. Can they? Joel Zumaya and Fernando Rodney should be back in the bullpen shortly. Justin Verlander (a league-leading six Criminally Unsupported Starts) hasn't been as awful as his record (2-8). And we'd bet $1,000 this offense won't wind up leading the big leagues in shutouts. "I don't know anyone who didn't think they'd score a lot of runs," said one AL executive. "And I mean anyone. I was as sure as you. We recognized their other issues -- bullpen, age, depth. But their big trouble has been scoring runs. And it's hard to believe that will continue."

BEST REASON TO THINK THEY WON'T WIN:
How come nobody noticed in March that these pieces didn't fit together really well? Seven of the Tigers' nine everyday players are 32 or older. And that age is really showing up on defense, in which the Tigers rank in the bottom four in the AL in fielding percentage and range factor. "I really don't see how they can recover," said an official of one team. "They have so many issues, they could lead the league in runs scored, and I'm still not sure that would make a difference."

WATCH THIS PLOT LINE FROM NOW TO OCTOBER: For two months, they haven't done much more than rearrange their furniture to see if something clicks. But as the days tick off the calendar, wouldn't the Tigers be the most motivated team out there to get dramatic on us? Trade Jeremy Bonderman? Trade a big bat for an arm or two? Release Gary Sheffield? Who knows? "To make a big trade, they'd have to trade everyday players," said one AL executive, "because they can't get anything for the prospects they have left. But remember something: This is a team with a higher payroll than anybody except the Yankees, so they're all in financially. They're totally invested in winning. So you wonder if they'll get to July and do something crazy."
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 3:47 am

Quote :
But remember something: This is a team with a higher payroll than anybody except the Yankees, so they're all in financially. They're totally invested in winning. So you wonder if they'll get to July and do something crazy."

Yeah...they'll get hot right before the trade deadline and pull off some blockbuster deal for yet another High Dollar player, and STILL come up just a wee bit short! lol2
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 10:24 am

Here's an idea: GET WILLIS OUT OF DETROIT!!! I dont want him. At first, I thought he would be a good deal. Turns out, hes trash.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 am

When you invest that kind of money in a player that has D-Railed's career stats, you can't just give up on 'em that quickly. You know the ability is there, it's just a matter of getting him back in the groove and pitching the way he did in the past. As frustrated and aggrevated as I am with Willis, there's got to be a way to get him back to his old self.

Maybe another trip to the DL, and while he's out, he can watch video from before and compare it to last night's debacle and figure out what he's doing differently. Then, when it's time for his "rehab starts", keep him in Toledo for the full 30 days that you can keep him there and let him work on his mechanics. With any luck, in 45 days, he could be the same pitcher that won NL Rookie of the Year honors.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am

Maybe he needs a whole new delivery. Maybe something without a high leg kick. I respect the fact that he uses it to be diverse, but, it isnt working anymore. He needs to try something new.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 10:44 am

Without a doubt! He has to try SOMETHING! That's why I think a lengthy trip to the DL would be just what he needs, that way he has time to work it out.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 11:31 am

Leyland is partally correct, a lot of Dontrelle's problem is mental, and Detroit does not know how to work with there players that way!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 2:38 pm

whistle Any Psychology Majors/Grads here that volunteer to help the Tigers? LMAO
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
whistle Any Psychology Majors/Grads here that volunteer to help the Tigers? LMAO

I am one who has a Masters in counseling, and willing to help! go team
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 4:07 pm

lol2 I knew that...and I knew you would be! That's why I made it such an obvious question! LOL
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
lol2 I knew that...and I knew you would be! That's why I made it such an obvious question! LOL

You goof! lol2
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 5:02 pm

that's what I mean! Gogetem shouldn't be sending em letters, she should be submitting her resume'!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Speaking of letters. Can someone PM me the address in which I can sen Todd Jones a letter?
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Just send them to:

Detroit Tigers c/o Todd Jones (or any other play you want to send it to)
Comerica Park2100
Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 12:35 pm

Alrighty, thanks a bunch
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Just remember probably a half dozen people or so might also read it!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Good luck getting it signed. The Tigers seem to be especially bad at returning letters. I've only got one back once - from Curtis Granderson.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 4:30 pm

I never even entertained the idea! Not very realistic, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 4:55 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Good luck getting it signed. The Tigers seem to be especially bad at returning letters. I've only got one back once - from Curtis Granderson.

It depends on the person really.
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 5:36 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

You don't care about letters mrsrabelo right? You go there and meet them in person! lol!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 5:47 pm

swiss_tiger wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

You don't care about letters mrsrabelo right? You go there and meet them in person! lol!

Big Smile

I haven't sent any letters yet but I am going to send a letter to Mike, that I still have to write. I was supposed to do that a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Trinita sent a picture to Magglio for him to sign nearly TWO YEARS ago and never got it back....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tigers Ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2