DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers Ideas

Go down 
+9
tigersaint
swiss_tiger
iluvpudge7
Ohios#1TigerFan
gs78
GoGetEmTigers
rickimouse
TigerLily
gdennis59
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Maybe you have something in mind like a trade the Tigers could/could've made, lineup opinions, stuff like that. These ideas should be posted here. Along with any other new ideas you may have.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Come to think of it, I think we could've traded Jacque Jones and maybe Sheff for Jim Thome, I mean, Thome is more efficient than Sheff when hitting in the DH spot.
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Sox would never give up Thome for two guys that aren't producing.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 2:40 pm

So, its worth a try, and maybe they see potential in those two, I just really like Thome, he is super good!
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 2:47 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
So, its worth a try, and maybe they see potential in those two, I just really like Thome, he is super good!

Voted second nicest player below Mike Sweeney too.
Back to top Go down
rickimouse
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
rickimouse

Female
Number of posts : 394
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Pudge, Clete Thomas, Granderson...
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 2:48 pm

I think we should trade somebody with the Bo Sox and get our Sean Casey back where he belongs. Sad Although I don't think he'll want to come here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickireed
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 2:50 pm

Aww, I miss Sean too (especially on first base...)
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 6:25 pm

I miss Sean too, we could DH him and have Sheff sit, or put him at first, shift Miggy back to 3rd, put Sean on first and have Los DH
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 09, 2008 7:19 pm

With what we are paying Sheff, he will play, tigers are not going to pay for his services and not use him. It seems that playing him in LF is starting to get his bat working. Once he is able to enjoy the game again, I am sure the home runs will come again. Platooning Shef with Thames and Joyce for outfield duty may work.

I miss Casey too, but he is gone now. Miggy will work out fine at 1st. Inge is now classed an Infielder so you will see him playing most any of those positions, including more catching. We already have too many DH players!

I don't see us having any trades coming our way. I think they will be smart and use our farm system players to fill holes. We have many great players in the farm system, just waiting for a chance to shine and at a much lower cost.

I wish we could have gotten someone for J. Jones, but he is a slow starter and nobody wants him. He was a Dombrowski and/or Leland trade mistake. He is like Inge in that way. Luckly Inge is a great fielder, it partially makes up for him being a poor hitter.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedSat May 10, 2008 2:22 am

We should never have traded for J Jones.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedMon May 12, 2008 3:51 am

This is from the Tiger forums at the Detroit news. This person makes a lot os sense, in most points! My notes in green.

Fri. 05/9/08 11:55 AM

Drastic_lineup_change

Mr. Ilytch doesn't PAY me to Run his Ball Club but HE Needs to do something
to Salvage his Team. This season and future Seasons.

Player Personnel;

Immediate; Renteria, Sheffield TRADE OR RELEASE (not sure here)

Internal moves;

Brandon Inge starts at 3b period. thumbs up

for now Ramon Santiago is the starting SS :shrug:

Cabrera stays at 1B thumbs up

polanco stays at 2B thumbs up

Ordonez, Granderson with Matt Joyce and Thimes platooning thumbs up

GUILLEN is the DH and should play some SS that's IT thumbs up

Get Rayburn more at Bats as well thumbs up

Hessman deserves a call up and some at bats thumbs up (he has been a home run machine!)

Pitching;

First off PITCHING COACH IS FIRED thumbs up thumbs up

Second Jack Morris is my Pitching Coach thumbs up

I Trust Jack to get the guys going wanna bet me?

Finally it's Time to deal with MR Emotional Jimmy Leyland

This guy is Overrated. Doesn't have the feel or game timing any more. Too much a players coach. Too worried about feelings.

Losing is a Bad Feeling

LOSING DUMB IS WORST thumbs up

What's BILL FREEHAN doing these days? He'd make a fine manager. thumbs up

There is so Much work to be done after the off season MADNESS

I'm not Happy but I still love the Tigers. I truely hope they make liars out of me but this is BS so far.

By the way STOP raping the Farm System Home grown talent is the best
thumbs up

elo59, Pleasant Hill, CA
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedMon May 12, 2008 11:08 am

I think that guys got his head screwed on right! I mean, with the exception of Leyland, that all sounds good.

Oh, and maybe instead of Matt Joyce or Marcus Thames, put Clete Thomas in left!
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedMon May 12, 2008 1:04 pm

rickimouse wrote:
I think we should trade somebody with the Bo Sox and get our Sean Casey back where he belongs. Sad Although I don't think he'll want to come here.

If we are going to make a trade with Boston....I'd say trade Sheff and someone else for Kevin You-Kill-Us. He obviously LOVES going deep at CoPa, and would make the NY-Boston series that more interesting. Imagine Sheff playing for Boston....the Yankees would cringe at the idea.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedMon May 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
rickimouse wrote:

If we are going to make a trade with Boston....I'd say trade Sheff and someone else for Kevin You-Kill-Us. He obviously LOVES going deep at CoPa, and would make the NY-Boston series that more interesting. Imagine Sheff playing for Boston....the Yankees would cringe at the idea.

Youk thumbs up

Sheff thumbs up
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedMon May 12, 2008 1:50 pm

"Kevin You-Kill-Us" LMAO
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedTue May 13, 2008 7:06 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Brandon Inge starts at 3b period. thumbs up
thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedMon May 19, 2008 3:18 pm

All Jack Morris has done is PISS OFF Verlander by implying he is hurt.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedThu May 29, 2008 3:40 pm

tigersaint wrote:

If Pissing off Verlander makes him better....I volunteer to be the Tigers Official "Piss-Verlander-Off-Mascot"! LMAO
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedThu May 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
tigersaint wrote:

If Pissing off Verlander makes him better....I volunteer to be the Tigers Official "Piss-Verlander-Off-Mascot"! LMAO

LMAO I want to help!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedThu May 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Go Verlander
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 9:20 am

I say we somehow get Kirk Gibson up here to manage. He only has a coaching role with the D-backs. He's the right age and could probably relate to the team better. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 10:01 am

Gibson is the AZ bench coach, who is really the asst. manager! He is the guy with all the facts and figures on opposing players, and the manager goes to him for suggestions as to what to do. So he really is, sort of, acting as a manager now. He would be great!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 10:05 am

and he's cute too!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 2:44 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
and he's cute too!

He does look good! I couldn't believe it when I saw him, didn't recognize him. He looks so much better now without the long scraggily hair and beard he used to have.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Male Pattern Baldness took care of the hair on Gibby's head.

And a razor the beard.

He does look better now!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 9:02 pm

They also said he has finally mellowed a bit, no longer a hot head! He would make a good manager, firey when needed, but intelligent and loved by the players.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 1:57 am

We need Gibby
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 9:10 pm

Possible Sellers: Detroit Tigers

Once again, we're only two months into the season, and a lot can change between now and July. Using a familiar anecdote, the Yankees were 22-29 last May 31, and ended up being the best team in baseball in the second half. So while they looked like possible sellers on May 31, when July rolled around that would no longer be the case. The Detroit Tigers have a similar possibility this year.

Touted by a to-be-unnamed ESPN analyst as having the best offense in baseball history, the Tigers have faltered in 2008. They're 23-31, good for fourth place in the AL Central. The good news is that they can turn it around. The bad news is that the division rival Cleveland Indians are also having a poor run, sitting at 25-29. Any potential run by the Tigers could be dampened by a potential Cleveland streak.

So if you're Dave Dombrowski, do you consider reloading for next year? The armchair GM in us is likely to say yes. Clearly, though, Dombrowski won't be so impulsive. He and manager Jim Leyland have been tinkering with the lineup to see if they can spark anything. Namely, the idea is to move Carlos Guillen, who has already switched from first to third this season, to left field. That would open up third base for Brandon Inge.

I'm not quite sure that's the best idea, considering Marcus Thames is hitting better than Inge, though in fewer at bats. So it's doubtful that this tinkering really gets things going. Just ask Joe Girardi. He's been tweaking his lineup since Day 1. And while the Yankees have started hitting, I don't think anyone is attributing it to his daily lineup shifts. Your players have to hit, plain and simple. And it stands to reason that the Tigers will hit, regardless of the lineup.

Who's expendable? Magglio Ordonez? It's not often you see a team trade their best hitter. But Maggs is 34 this year. I'm not saying he'll tank next year, but the Tigers could be seeing his peak value pass this July. If they're truly out of it, they could consider a Maggs move. Conversely, they could consider his potential production next year far too valuable to sacrifice. He's signed through 2009, with a pair of $15MM team options for 2010 and 2011.

Edgar Renteria? He's in the final year of his four-year deal, though he does have a $11MM club option for next year. That could be an attractive contract for an acquiring team. Placido Polanco? I only mention his name because he's signed on the cheap, $4.6MM, through 2009. He could net some return for the Tigers because of his cheapness and consistency at the plate.

I know Kenny Rogers and Nate Robertson will enter the conversation at some point. I just don't think the pair of lefties will get the Tigers anything attractive in return. They could be token trades for players in the lower minors, for high-risk players. But if they consider themselves out of contention, it's better than nothing, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedSun Jun 01, 2008 2:02 am

Too early to count out 2008

But the next homestand will be big

Will go a long way towards deciding the Tigers Fate
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_minipostedMon Jun 02, 2008 1:20 pm

We're not out of it yet. Chicago and Cleveland have been losing at a faster pace than we have in the past few weeks. We can still catch up and win the division...as long as our pitching continues to show up!

I don't see us as "sellers" unless we are double digits out of 1st at the trade deadline...then we might make some moves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tigers Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers Ideas   Tigers Ideas Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tigers Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Team Discussion & Game Day Posts-
Jump to: