DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Matt Joyce Career Tracker

Go down 
+11
gs78
Casey21
swiss_tiger
catbox_9
SoulRat
iluvpudge7
TigerLily
TG
mrsrabelo
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:21 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
I'm just saying - I've sent tons of letters to players and never has a player written me a letter back. I've gotten plenty of autographs back but never a letter. The only people that have written me letters are announcers and retired players.

I'm not saying it's impossible as I've heard of people getting letters back, but it almost never happens.
But I don't want to send a letter to get an autograph. If I want an autograph I will get it in person, it's more personal that way. I love maggs, and have is autograph on a baseball and rookie card, but I didn't get it in person. The baseball I got signed by players I don't like as much means more to me because I got it in person.

I undertand what you're attempting to do but 99% of fan mail is autograph seeking. According to Pat Neshek (Twins pitcher) players don't usually read their male - they just sign whatever is in the package and send it back. Some players don't even do that and just toss the unopened package.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:23 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
I'm just saying - I've sent tons of letters to players and never has a player written me a letter back. I've gotten plenty of autographs back but never a letter. The only people that have written me letters are announcers and retired players.

I'm not saying it's impossible as I've heard of people getting letters back, but it almost never happens.
But I don't want to send a letter to get an autograph. If I want an autograph I will get it in person, it's more personal that way. I love maggs, and have is autograph on a baseball and rookie card, but I didn't get it in person. The baseball I got signed by players I don't like as much means more to me because I got it in person.

I undertand what you're attempting to do but 99% of fan mail is autograph seeking. According to Pat Neshek (Twins pitcher) players don't usually read their male - they just sign whatever is in the package and send it back. Some players don't even do that and just toss the unopened package.
Then if a player doesn't read it he probably doesn't really care what the fans have to say. And if they don't even open it, then they are probably not worth getting a signature from.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:25 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Then if a player doesn't read it he probably doesn't really care what the fans have to say. And if they don't even open it, then they are probably not worth getting a signature from.

Well they get so many they can't possibly read them all. Your best bet for personal responses is to write to guys still in the minors (but not to highly-regarded prospects...they get tons of mail, too).
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:35 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

Well they get so many they can't possibly read them all. Your best bet for personal responses is to write to guys still in the minors (but not to highly-regarded prospects...they get tons of mail, too).
Okay, so I no longer expect to get a response. Since I already wrote the letter, I will send it.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:36 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Okay, so I no longer expect to get a response. Since I already wrote the letter, I will send it.

You have a shot though because he's a new player. Get it out as soon as possible and maybe you'll get lucky cross fingers
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:39 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

You have a shot though because he's a new player. Get it out as soon as possible and maybe you'll get lucky cross fingers
I'll probably send it tomorrow night. Tuesday I'll be busy because I'm going to the Mudhens game.... and I'm busy the rest of the week. Of course tomorrow is guitar lessons... I don't know. i'll send it at some point this week
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:49 pm

How long does it take to drop a letter in a mail box? 3 seconds?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Yah but I have to actually get there... and that means convincing someone to take me because I can't drive.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:54 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
Yah but I have to actually get there... and that means convincing someone to take me because I can't drive.

Oh, I thought you had one in your front yard or something. We have a mail slot in our house so you need a clothespin to do it. They keep telling us we need a mail box but we keep ignoring them whistle

The post office is 3 blocks away so it's an easy walk when we don't have a clothespin.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 4:57 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:

Oh, I thought you had one in your front yard or something. We have a mail slot in our house so you need a clothespin to do it. They keep telling us we need a mail box but we keep ignoring them whistle

The post office is 3 blocks away so it's an easy walk when we don't have a clothespin.
Wow... I didn't even think of putting it in the mailbox to send it. I'm not very smart No
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 5:03 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:

Wow... I didn't even think of putting it in the mailbox to send it. I'm not very smart No

:haha: Make sure to put the flag up Nod
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 5:04 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:

We have a different kind of mailbox. It is on the front of our house, and the top opens. You put it so that half part of the letter is outside of the mail box, and part is inside (you shut the lid on it)... so they know to take it.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 5:06 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:

We have a different kind of mailbox. It is on the front of our house, and the top opens. You put it so that half part of the letter is outside of the mail box, and part is inside (you shut the lid on it)... so they know to take it.

That's how our neighbors is. Is your house old? I think old houses have weird mailboxes.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Our house is older, but our mailbox is only like a year old.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 5:11 pm

TigersGirl wrote:

Oh. Our house is from like the 1940s (at least part of it is) and the mailbox is built into the wall. There's a slot in the wall and when they drop the mail in it it goes into a compartment in the wall in our living room - you don't even have to open the front door to get the mail! It doesn't droop on the floor either, there's enough space in the wall for it to sit there. There's like a little door thing over it so it won't fall onto the floor. It's actually kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 5:13 pm

haha. That sounds pretty cool Smile
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 20, 2008 5:23 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:

Oh. Our house is from like the 1940s (at least part of it is) and the mailbox is built into the wall. There's a slot in the wall and when they drop the mail in it it goes into a compartment in the wall in our living room - you don't even have to open the front door to get the mail! It doesn't droop on the floor either, there's enough space in the wall for it to sit there. There's like a little door thing over it so it won't fall onto the floor. It's actually kind of cool.

I lived in a little neighborhood in Sacramento where all the houses look like they were built on the same day! Big Smile Our mailboxes were like that too.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Jul 23, 2008 11:57 am

Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 MattJoycesetsrecord

Tigers' Matt Joyce makes history with home runs

BY JON PAUL MOROSI • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • July 22, 2008

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – How impressive were the 10 home runs Matt Joyce hit in his first 36 big-league games?

• No Tigers rookie since at least 1954 has reached 10 home runs as quickly as Joyce. The next-fastest during that span: Gabe Kapler (56 games), Jason Thompson (56), Tony Clark (59), Kirk Gibson (63) and Lance Parrish (64).

• Joyce is one of only four players since 1999 who have hit 10 home runs in their first 36 big-league games. The others: Mike Jacobs (29 games), Albert Pujols (32) and Adam Dunn (34).

• Joyce has reached 10 home runs faster than all but 13 other players since 1954. The fastest to 10 homers during that span was George Scott, who needed only 25 games with the 1966 Boston Red Sox.

Smith compiled a list of the 19 men who needed 40 games or fewer to reach 10 home runs since 1954:

George Scott, Boston Red Sox, 1966, 25 games

Kevin Maas, New York Yankees, 1990, 28 games

Mike Jacobs, New York Mets, 2005, 29 games

Dave Hostetler, Montreal Expos, 1981, 29 games

Orlando Cepeda, San Francisco Giants, 1958, 30 games

Shane Spencer, New York Yankees, 1998, 31 games

Sam Horn, Boston Red Sox, 1987, 31 games

Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals, 2001, 32 games

Wally Joyner, California Angels, 1986, 32 games

Willie McCovey, San Francisco Giants, 1959, 32 games

Adam Dunn, Cincinnati Reds, 2001, 34 games

Alvin Davis, Seattle Mariners, 1984, 34 games

Ron Swoboda, New York Mets, 1965, 34 games

Matt Joyce, Detroit Tigers, 2008, 36 games

Erubiel Durazo, Arizona Diamondbacks, 1999, 37 games

Tom Brunansky, California Angels, 1981, 37 games

Ryan Braun, Milwaukee Brewers, 2007, 38 games

Dick Stuart, Pittsburgh Pirates, 1958, 38 games

Jose Cruz, Seattle Mariners, 1997, 40 games
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Jul 23, 2008 12:09 pm

hear that, tigersgirl? Yer man is doin' jes' fine!!

Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Matt211
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
hear that, tigersgirl? Yer man is doin' jes' fine!!

Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Matt211
YAY! Big Smile That article just made my whole day. Now I get to go to the mall with my sister, then go to a movie with my friend Big Smile

This is a good day. Smile

GO MATT Heart
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 10:22 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

In the picture of Matt that is currently my avatar.... what team is he with?
That isn't a tigers uniform (plus he is wearing Polly's number), and I don't think it's a mudhens uniform....
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 10:38 pm

college? It doesn't look like it was all that long ago either :shrug:
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Well they showed his high school baseball picture today during the game... but I didn't pay attention to what it looked like. He looks the same then as he does now.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 10:41 pm

I ALMOST FORGOT!!! It's his birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!!!! Hug Heart YAY!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Hmm, I need to look up what his college uniform looked like because I remember his high school number was 24...
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Not college. his college uniform was red and white...
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 pm

TG wrote:
Not college. his college uniform was red and white...

It is the West Michigan White Caps uniform
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 11:33 pm

No prob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 04, 2008 2:48 am

Mrs. Rabelo needs to be a baseball statistician! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 4 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Matt Joyce Career Tracker
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next