DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Matt Joyce Career Tracker

Go down 
+11
gs78
Casey21
swiss_tiger
catbox_9
SoulRat
iluvpudge7
TigerLily
TG
mrsrabelo
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 04, 2008 10:13 am

laprimamirala wrote:
Mrs. Rabelo needs to be a baseball statistician! Big Smile

As long as I get to be around the players, I'm good with that. Nod
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 04, 2008 10:14 am

Or take Sam Abrams' spot as assistant director of Tiger player-community relations! omg what a dream job that would be!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 04, 2008 11:27 pm

I don't know who Sam Abram is....
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 am

TG wrote:

Me Either
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 1:54 am

laprimamirala wrote:
Or take Sam Abrams' spot as assistant director of Tiger player-community relations! omg what a dream job that would be!

How does one even get a job like that?

Probably gotta kiss Mafia Mike Ilitch's ass

That's For Sure
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 am

TG wrote:

Why would you need to know who he is?

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers and the Detroit Free Press have launched the fourth year of a literacy partnership with The Character of Champions Covering All the Bases program. The program makes an in-school appearance at Spain Elementary School at 3700 Beaubien Street in Detroit on Monday, June 9, between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm. Approximately 260 third- through fifth-grade students from Spain Elementary, Gompers Elementary, and Fleming Elementary will participate. The event will feature Detroit Tigers player Curtis Granderson, the mascot Paws, Detroit Tigers front office staff, and Detroit Free Press Newspapers In Education personnel reading and discussing positive character traits with students. Students and their mentors from Detroit-based nonprofit VIP Mentoring, which conducts mentoring programs at the Spain, Fleming, and Gompers schools, will also be recognized.

The Character of Champions program was created by Detroit Free Press Newspapers In Education Michigan K.I.D.S., in partnership with the Detroit Tigers, for metro-Detroit and Michigan elementary students. This year's program includes educational lessons on developing positive character traits including integrity, honesty, and discipline. The program's first event this year was in Southfield in May, and two additional in-school appearances will take place in the fall.

"This program creates an opportunity for students to learn about developing positive character traits and qualities while also practicing their reading skills," said Detroit Tigers Manager of Player Relations, Youth, and Sports Programs Sam Abrams. "At this event, we are also able to recognize and celebrate the great strides being made by students and mentors from the VIP Mentoring program held at the Spain, Fleming, and Gompers schools."

The Character of Champions program includes the distribution of a comprehensive, educational supplement for students and classroom posters to schools in metro-Detroit and across the state. Personal and professional stories and activities about character development with special features from Curtis Granderson, his teammates Nate Robertson and Placido Polanco, and Tigers President, CEO, and General Manager David Dombrowski are included.

Program sponsors are the Detroit Tigers Foundation, Detroit Medical Center, The Skillman Foundation, Michigan Orthopedic Services, and UPS. Sponsors make it possible for materials to be provided free of charge to schools in metro-Detroit and across Michigan. Since the program's inception in 2005, Detroit Free Press Newspapers In Education has delivered over 381,370 student materials to schools in 75 Michigan counties.

Detroit Media Partnership's Newspapers In Education's Michigan K.I.D.S. is a literacy nonprofit supporting the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News. The nonprofit is dedicated to strengthening literacy and education by providing educators with classroom newspapers, quality instructional materials, and training that will enrich the curriculum and assist in teaching reading, writing, and thinking skills through the use of newspapers.

The Detroit Tigers organization is proud of its long-standing tradition of supporting a wide variety of community and charitable organizations and their activities. Every year the Tigers organization focuses its community and charitable giving in the areas of youth, education, and recreation, and strives to improve the quality of life through the game of baseball.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 10, 2008 11:03 pm

pray Be in the game tomorrow! The whole game not the last 2 innings!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 11, 2008 12:03 am

laprimamirala wrote:
said Detroit Tigers Manager of Player Relations, Youth, and Sports Programs Sam Abrams

He took my friends (the ones who hold up the posters) onto the field today and had them take pictures with Matt (they LOVE him! They met him in ST and have talked to him alot) and they might get put in the paper!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 am

I am soooooo jealous of your friends....
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 am

TG wrote:
I am soooooo jealous of your friends....

I am too because Scott came out and talked to them too. I picked the wrong day not to go to the park. Sad But I am sooooo happy for them because it was so cool.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 11, 2008 12:08 am

I want to talk to Matt! haha. That would be the most amazing day EVER
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 11, 2008 8:57 am

mrsrabelo wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:
said Detroit Tigers Manager of Player Relations, Youth, and Sports Programs Sam Abrams

He took my friends (the ones who hold up the posters) onto the field today and had them take pictures with Matt (they LOVE him! They met him in ST and have talked to him alot) and they might get put in the paper!

I was fortunately able to thank him personally at the 7/8 game for helping me to meet M. Ordonez
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 12, 2008 8:05 am

Well... they did play him last night.....I was hoping he would do better than that but whatever.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 am

08/20/2008 9:16 PM ET
Rangers' Walbeck proud of Joyce
Third-base coach managed Tigers outfielder in Minors
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

ARLINGTON -- Rangers third-base coach Matt Walbeck couldn't help but crack a little smile as he saw Matt Joyce rounding the bases after his second home run Tuesday night. He knew it wasn't good for his current employer, but he also realized that his former player is finding a home in the Majors.

Other than the fact that the homer came against his current club, Walbeck couldn't be happier.

"It's kind of a strange feeling, mixed emotions," Walbeck said Wednesday. "But to know that he and I have worked together and I've watched him progress to this level, it's a great feeling -- for the game and for me personally."

Before Joyce became a big leaguer, he was usually playing for Walbeck in the Tigers' farm system. He is one of a handful of players that Walbeck managed at both of his Minor League stops -- first at Class A West Michigan in 2006, then at Double-A Erie last year.

Walbeck has had players who have reached the big leagues, including former Tigers left-hander and current Marlin Andrew Miller. With Joyce, however, he can watch a player he worked with for two years test his talents at baseball's highest level and try to find a long-term spot.

Joyce's numbers were remarkably similar in his two years, but he made good strides as a hitter to get there. The results are paying off this season, as he tries to become a left-handed power source in the Tigers' lineup.

The fact that Joyce got here wasn't a surprise to Walbeck. The timing was going to be the question.

"It was a matter of the opportunity presenting itself and staying healthy," Walbeck said.

Joyce hit 17 home runs last year at Erie, but Walbeck didn't consider him simply a power hitter. As Walbeck explained, he's more a hitter to the power alleys, with a natural swing that can produce power.

As he has watched Joyce in the Rangers' current series against the Tigers, Walbeck has seen him take some big steps as a hitter.

"He has a natural, sweet power swing," Walbeck said. "What I'm impressed with is his ability to drive the ball the other way, because I didn't see that two years ago. Last year, I saw it a little bit. This year, I can see where he's starting to figure out how to drive the ball to left-center."

Both of his homers Tuesday featured more traditional left-handed power down the right-field line. If Joyce can combine those threats and hit to all fields with some authority, Walbeck sees a great future in line.

"He's a big leaguer," Walbeck said. "He's going to be a big leaguer for a long time."

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 1:23 am

Big Smile
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Having Matt on the team and performing as well as his is makes me completely forget that we traded away Maybin....at least it does this year...lol
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Hey Ohio! Congrats on the 1300 posts! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Having Matt on the team and performing as well as his is makes me completely forget that we traded away Maybin....at least it does this year...lol
Lets just pray that Dombrowski isn't going to trade Matt away like he traded Maybin and Jurjens and all the rest of the players that would be very helpful right about now.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 7:57 pm

TG wrote:
Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Lets just pray that Dombrowski isn't going to trade Matt away like he traded Maybin and Jurjens and all the rest of the players that would be very helpful right about now.

coughMikeRabelocough
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 8:11 pm

I just think it's really presumptive of Leyland to assume he has a job here next year!
He's already written this season off and making plans for 2009 already!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 8:50 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
I just think it's really presumptive of Leyland to assume he has a job here next year!
He's already written this season off and making plans for 2009 already!

Tigers could make the playoffs this year; but I doubt it
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 21, 2008 8:51 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
TG wrote:
Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:

coughMikeRabelocough
Yah him too Frown
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 22, 2008 3:08 am

Lap - Thanks! I thought I'd never get there! I have a long way to go to get where I wanna be!

MrsRabelo - Oh....that one I could NEVER forget. I'm mad about that one as well! I'd rather have an Inge/Rabelo "platoon" than Inge and Sardine. That's just a fishy comination....LOL

TG - If Dumbrowski lives up to his name and trades Joyce...then we'll KNOW he's still comitted to the Fish more than he is to us! In which case...he deserves Suicide ! :haha:
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 22, 2008 8:04 am

If we trade Matt Joyce I'm never watching the tigers again....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 22, 2008 8:12 am

TG wrote:

Spoiler:

lol! that's how I feel about M. Ordonez
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 22, 2008 8:16 am

laprimamirala wrote:
TG wrote:

Spoiler:

lol! that's how I feel about M. Ordonez
Nod I feel that way about him too. And probably Grandy, but we CAN'T trade him.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 am

Whatever team they go to, we'll be there for their entire series when that team comes to Detroit!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 22, 2008 8:32 am

Yup :haha:

GO MATT and MAGGS!! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 22, 2008 10:14 am

TG wrote:
Yup :haha:

GO MATT and MAGGS!! Big Smile
high 5
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Aug 30, 2008 12:38 am

I hope Matt gets better soon Frown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Joyce Career Tracker   Matt Joyce Career Tracker - Page 5 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Matt Joyce Career Tracker
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next