DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tim Lincecum career tracker.

Go down 
+5
bobrob2004
SoulRat
gdennis59
gs78
catbox_9
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 am

catbox_9 wrote:
No decision for Lincecum. They lift him for a pinch hitter in the 8th and the Giants fail to score. His record is the same but the ERA is down to 1.99 at least.

I'm going to go check out the box, hopefully it wasn't B. Wilson. pray cross fingers
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jun 12, 2008 1:41 am

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
No decision for Lincecum. They lift him for a pinch hitter in the 8th and the Giants fail to score. His record is the same but the ERA is down to 1.99 at least.

I'm going to go check out the box, hopefully it wasn't B. Wilson. pray cross fingers

Nobody blew it this time - they just couldn't score a single run for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jun 12, 2008 6:01 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Nobody blew it this time - they just couldn't score a single run for him.

lol! this time!
You have no confidence in that bullpen.
Don't you wish you had the Phillies BP?! Smile
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 12:09 am

Tim has given up a HR in today's game. Only the 4 one of the year. His ERA has ballooned to over 2.00 Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 12:19 am

Tim has given up another HR to Thames. The first time someone has homered off of Tim twice in one game this year. The only other team that has hit two HR off of him in a game is Philadelphia.

ERA after 4 innings...2.19.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 12:32 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
Tim has given up another HR to Thames. The first time someone has homered off of Tim twice in one game this year. The only other team that has hit two HR off of him in a game is Philadelphia.

ERA after 4 innings...2.19.

Ryan is probably pulling his hair out.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 12:35 am

Tim pitches a scoreless 5th. If he wants to keep his quality starts streak going, he'll need to pitch at least another scoreless inning.

ERA after 5 innings...2.16.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 12:50 am

Well he did it, 6 innings, 3 ER; the minimum requirements for a QS. As long as he doesn't give up another ER in this game, the streak continues.

ERA after 6 innings...2.15
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 1:05 am

Poor Tim Lincecum Sad. :pudge: called safe at home even though he was clearly out. This is upsetting not only because it gives up the lead but also ruins his QS streak. It was at 13 this year and catbox will tell you what it was overall.

ERA after 7 innings...2.21.

He's probably done as he'll lead off the 8th inning. His worst start by far this year as his ERA goes up 0.22.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 1:09 am

As predicted, Tim is done for this game. Walker, Lincecum's worst enemy, will relieve him.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 1:14 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
As predicted, Tim is done for this game. Walker, Lincecum's worst enemy, will relieve him.

I was wrong Stunned Yabu relieves Lincecum. But it doesn't really matter, Lincecum is done for this game.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 1:30 am

Well, at least he can't get the loss thanks to Bowker's 3-run HR.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Poor Lincecum Frown Easily his worst start of the year. It would have been a QS if not for a horrible call. I was okay with the call until our bullpen blew it. I wanted the Tigers to win 1-0 or something like that. Not only we lost but Lincecum didn't even win. Yesterday was easily the worst day of my life....if you only count what has happened since this week started and you start your weeks on Mondays.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Finish the sentence (from the Giants magazine):

People say I look like
Spoiler:
The last movie I saw was
Spoiler:
My least favorite exercise is
Spoiler:
If I wasn't a ballplayer I'd love to be an
Spoiler:
I am scared to death of
Spoiler:
My favorite clothing item is
Spoiler:
I'm obsessed with
Spoiler:
My favorite beauty product is
Spoiler:
I sleep
Spoiler:
The song that pumps me up is
Spoiler:
he TV show I would most like to appear on is
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 7:32 pm

I hope you copied and paste that from that PM.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 pm

I did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Figured so.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 1:58 am

Poor Lincecum Sad Just a terrible game for him and the Giants Crying or Very sad

He gave up a season-high 5 runs and his ERA skyrockets so high I don't even feel like posting it - nearly 2.50 Frown

He would have won but his team blew a 10-3 lead. The guy that relieved him had a great line - 0.0+ IP, 4ER. That's the way you Censored moron. Don't get anyone out but give up 4 runs grouch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Poor Lincecum Sad Just a terrible game for him and the Giants Crying or Very sad

He gave up a season-high 5 runs and his ERA skyrockets so high I don't even feel like posting it - nearly 2.50 Frown

He would have won but his team blew a 10-3 lead. The guy that relieved him had a great line - 0.0+ IP, 4ER. That's the way you Censored moron. Don't get anyone out but give up 4 runs grouch

You, really really need to relax. It's going to be alright; you can't stop those "power-hitting" Royals. Well, maybe you can, but remember something the Giants may have Lincecum, but he's one of the only things holding them together.

C'mon Lincey LeRoy, make a terrific start next time!! applaud clap
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Jun 29, 2008 12:39 am

Lincecum was absolutely brilliant tonight Big Smile

7 IP, 0 ER, 11K, 5 H, 3BB.

With the 11 K's Lincecum moves ahead of Edison Volquez for the major league lead in K's (4 more than Volquez). The 7 IP gets him back in the top-10 in NL IP, and his ERA drops to 2.38 trailing only Edison Volquez (2.08) for the NL lead.

The Giants manage just 2 hits for the entire game, BUT Lincecum wins anyways as the Giants prevail 1-0. He improves to 9-1 and ties Ben Sheets (9-1) for the best winning % in baseball.

Hail Lincecum bow
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Jun 29, 2008 3:00 am

Why didn't he pitch the entire game?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Jun 29, 2008 3:32 am

gs78 wrote:
Why didn't he pitch the entire game?

He's never pitched a CG before and he threw 116 pitches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Jun 29, 2008 12:06 pm

HAIL KING LINCEY LEROY! (:

clap clap applaud applaud
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Thanks Catbox;
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I think it's safe to say...or I should say I hope it's safe to say...that Lincecum is an All-Star this year. Giants will only get one and nobody is as deserving as Lincecum.

My NL Cy Young ballot:
1. Ben Sheets
2. Edinson Volquez rant
3. Tim Lincecum
--------------------------------------------
A real ballot only gets 3 votes, but here's a few more:
4. Dan Haren (you need more than wins!)
5. Brandon Webb
6. Cole Hamels
7. Ryan Dempster
8. Johan Santana

Tough to rank after that. A few more honorable mentions: Tim Hudson, Greg Maddux, Chad Billingsley, Carlos Zambrano.

Actually, it's a real tough call between Volquez and Sheets. Sheets has more innings (by a wide margin), more CGs (3-0), a better WHIP, but less K's (by like 18), less wins (by 1), and far fewer walks/9IP.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 2:30 am

Dude, for your honorable mentions. Maddux is pitching like shit this year.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 2:36 am

gdennis59 wrote:
Dude, for your honorable mentions. Maddux is pitching like shit this year.

Not really...
Today's game notwithstanding Maddux has a WHIP of 1.212 (which is in the top 10 in the NL), the second fewest BB/9IP, and the 10th best K:BB ratio. He's less-deserving of this honorable mention than he was prior to his last start when his ERA was sitting at 3.17.

As for the win-loss record, consider this stretch:
7 starts, 2.13 ERA (that was from 5/20-6/20). His record in those 7 games? 0-1.

That said, after today's performance he no longer gets an honorable mention.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 2:37 am

Maybe Ill try this for the AL...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Tim Lincecum is an all-star!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 06, 2008 4:28 pm

Giants' ace, closer named All-Stars
Lincecum, Wilson earn first trips to Midsummer Classic

SAN FRANCISCO -- Tim Lincecum and Brian Wilson, who rank among baseball's top starter-closer combinations, will again compose a formidable tandem at this year's All-Star Game.

It just so happens that Wilson has saved seven victories for Lincecum this season. Now, both hard-throwing right-handers have been selected by their peers for the National League All-Star contingent that will oppose its American League counterparts on July 15 at Yankee Stadium.

The 79th Major League Baseball All-Star Game will be televised nationally by FOX, in Canada by Rogers Sportsnet and Sportsnet HD and televised around the world by Major League Baseball International, with pregame ceremonies beginning at 5 p.m. PT. ESPN Radio will provide exclusive national radio coverage, while MLB.com will provide extensive online coverage. XM will provide satellite radio play-by-play coverage of the XM All-Star Futures Game.

Lincecum, 24, has quickly become one of the Major Leagues' most dynamic pitchers since ascending to San Francisco last May. At 10-1, he leads the National League with a .909 winning percentage. His 122 strikeouts also pace the NL. Lincecum's 2.49 ERA ranks second in the league to that of Cincinnati's Edinson Volquez, a fellow All-Star.

Lincecum, who has won his last six decisions, dazzles fans and bamboozles opposing hitters with his catapulting delivery and his array of pitches. He effectively offsets a fastball that regularly travels at 97-98 mph with a curveball, slider and changeup.

Having appeared on the cover of the most recent issue of Sports Illustrated, Lincecum has been mentioned as the NL's potential starter for the Midsummer Classic. His next scheduled start is Wednesday at New York, which would give him sufficient rest. But he could be eclipsed by any of the other starters chosen as All-Stars, including Volquez, Milwaukee's Ben Sheets or Arizona's Brandon Webb, a former Cy Young Award winner.

"I don't even know what determines that. I haven't even thought about it," Lincecum said recently.

Wilson, 26, leads the NL with 24 saves. He has remained remarkably consistent, blowing only two save opportunities and converting his last 15 in a row. He also has displayed a closer's penchant for strikeouts, amassing 33 in his last 25 2/3 innings.

Wilson, whose fastball velocity matches Lincecum's, is among a handful of Giants relievers who have totaled 20 saves by the All-Star break. Though Wilson's mostly used for one inning at a time, he demonstrated his range by pitching 1 1/3 innings to save the Giants' 5-2 victory Saturday night over Los Angeles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lincecum career tracker.   Tim Lincecum career tracker. - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tim Lincecum career tracker.
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next