DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I don't have a job anymore

Go down 
+3
bobrob2004
GoGetEmTigers
gs78
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 21, 2009 3:40 pm

As many as it takes!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 21, 2009 4:07 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
As many as it takes!

True;

But I am wasting a lot of gas driving back and forth

First interview was in Southfield; 12 mile road area

Second; Woodmere Cemetry in Detroit

Third one; if I get it; will be in Westland

Lot of driving to and from
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 21, 2009 4:20 pm

yeah,I know...but it's all part of the process.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 21, 2009 4:21 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
yeah,I know...but it's all part of the process.

Sometimes I feel like they are just pulling my strings! Perturbed
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 21, 2009 4:57 pm

no just ask da 8 Ball
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
no just ask da 8 Ball

Magic 8 Ball says that there might be a 4th interview rant

That damn ball is such the smart ass; gonna be in the dumpster if he keeps that nonsense up
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:18 pm

I went for the third interview;

I don't think I am getting the job either. I really sucked today; I wasn't myself; I felt like I should have done things different

Sad!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 pm

In other news; I kind of really like this woman that comes to Tigers games sometimes; She is usually there with her family; they have one of those 27 game packages; They have been going to games for years; they sit next to me; Lately; I have been talking more with them;especially her; I even have hung out with them a couple times at Hockeytown or Cheli's after games.

I never realized how pretty she is; Of course; she kind of has a BF; Who doesn't? everyone seems to be in a relationship except for gs78; and when you live in the downriver area, which in addition to being the Trailer Park Trash Capital of the Midwest, is one of the hardest areas; if not the hardest, to find single people.

I mean; trying to find someone here is like trying to search for the Holy Grail or Amelia Earhart or something; it just can't be done
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Same goes for Jobs too

Nothing here!

I need to get the heck out of here; And Fast;
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 1:50 pm

In the meantime; I feel like getting me some weed and some hard booze, and get stoned and hammered while watching the Tigers game tonight on FSN.

I know that is bad; and it ain't good for me; but damn it sounds so tempting right now
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 pm

gs78 wrote:
In the meantime; I feel like getting me some weed and some hard booze, and get stoned and hammered while watching the Tigers game tonight on FSN.

I know that is bad; and it ain't good for me; but damn it sounds so tempting right now

That might be legal in CA soon. They're talking about legalizing and distributing marijuana to help close the budget deficit.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

That might be legal in CA soon. They're talking about legalizing and distributing marijuana to help close the budget deficit.

They need to legalize it in Michigan; cigarettes are more hazardous to your health than marijuana
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

They need to legalize it in Michigan; cigarettes are more hazardous to your health than marijuana

I know! Alcohol is, too. Marijuana is mind-altering, but so is alcohol. I mean ideally nobody would smoke marijuana or cigarettes, but criminalizing them doesn't accomplish a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 2:44 pm

You got that right Catbox
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 pm

I got a phone call from some guy from a company called Defined Stratigies; I guess they read my resume on Monster or Yahoo or some shit like that;

Anyhow; He told me to check out their Website and call back if i was still interested; They are a sales and marketing company [ with other names in other markets] that meet with clients in regards to sales and marketing products;

Well; I can back and I wanted to ask about the position itself; The job itself; pay rate, benefits; hours, training; but he could not give me that info; I guess i have to drive out to Livonia for some seminar this week in which all details will be explained

I don't like the sound of it; I have had already three interviews that turned out to be BS; like selling Cutco Knives; FilterQueen Air Filters for houses and Halon Products

I am not wasting my time, my gas and my sanity to drive to a seminar to find out I need to invest 200 bucks for a sample/starter kit and sign up as many family and friends that I can

Fuck that shit!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 4:58 pm

nope. $$ up front is a huge red flag.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 5:07 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
nope. $$ up front is a huge red flag.

Too many jobs like that

Or those jobs for Employment One that are in the News Herald;

If you pay 180 dollars they get you a good paying job with benefits

I need every cent I have right now

I ain't wasting it on BS
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedMon Jul 27, 2009 8:29 pm

I applied for a job at Roosevelt Lanes in Allen Park couple hours ago; I figured a rinky dink type job is better than no job until something else comes along. Right! Wrong! I Filled out an application; had a brief interview with the owner of the alley; They are having open interviews from 12-6 today and Tuesday

So Far; 247 people have filled out job applications for 10-12 part time postions starting the end of August

To work in a bowling alley;

This is ridiculous;
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 am

I got a phone call from some company in Livonia that I never heard of

They claimed they saw my resume on Monster and wanted to set up an interview with me Today

Well; When I asked questions; Like do I have to invest money, sell stuff to family and what few friends I have left, pay rate, benefits and hours; they claimed I would find that info out when I came down for the interview

They can kiss my ass;

I am not driving all the way to 8 mile road for some scheme

Bullshit
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 9:25 am

well, most companies won't discuss that over the phone. That's a lot of info, and there are probably a lot of people they have to call to set up interviews. Could be just a time constraint thing.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 1:20 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
well, most companies won't discuss that over the phone. That's a lot of info, and there are probably a lot of people they have to call to set up interviews. Could be just a time constraint thing.

Maybe so

But I am not driving all the way out to 7 mile and I275 area to find out I will be selling stuff to my friends and family on 100 commision and no benefits,

I never even heard of this company; Defined Strategy; Has anyone else?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Then I get an email from some company that runs a money transfer service; I guess I get money from clients; via into my bank account; then use Western Union to transfer the money

Hey I was born at night; but not last night.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 3:30 pm

gs78 wrote:
Hey I was born at night; but not last night.
high 5
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 28, 2009 5:31 pm

I hate when people won't return my phone calls;

I leave messages or emails for job leads and I hardly ever get an answer
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 30, 2009 4:01 pm

I applied for a job working for the Alabama State Corrections [ I have a minor in Criminal Justice]

I don't know why; I really would not want to move to Alabama

But I was bored so I applied for the job online

Probably won't even get it anyhow
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Jul 31, 2009 12:11 am

And there is a long hiring process; including testing

So who knows

But I am gonna start applying for more jobs like that

I got to get out of Trashy Park

I really have no life here; other than Tigers and Lions season tickets

And I won't be buying those anymore unless I get a good job, including Tigers postseason tickets, Which Sucks; I was looking forward to sending in the postseason invoice in September and see em if they get in;

Why the heck stay here?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 am

gs78 wrote:
I applied for a job working for the Alabama State Corrections [ I have a minor in Criminal Justice]

If it's like working for the State of California you won't start that job for a very long time (like 10 months or so). I applied for my state job in October and I'm just now learning I'm hired (assuming I pass a background check which might take a few weeks). After that I'll start within a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedFri Jul 31, 2009 3:12 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

If it's like working for the State of California you won't start that job for a very long time (like 10 months or so). I applied for my state job in October and I'm just now learning I'm hired (assuming I pass a background check which might take a few weeks). After that I'll start within a few weeks.

Such a slow process
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Aug 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Thank God July is over

Worst month of life

I hope August and beyond are better; be glad when this decade is over too

Hopefully I will be able to leave Michigan; find a job and a soulmate

Because I sure as hell will never find that here in Trashy Park
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_minipostedSat Aug 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Tired of not having a job, a life and someone to love

Gonna grow old and rot if I stay here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't have a job anymore   I don't have a job anymore - Page 5 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I don't have a job anymore
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next