DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Your least favorite ballplayers of all time

Go down 
+3
catbox_9
gdennis59
gs78
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Apr 15, 2009 9:28 pm

At least before players and umps had a choice

Now MLB forcing everyone to wear 42 in honor of a bogus day
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 16, 2009 12:06 pm

How can you hate Jackie Robinson???

If not for breaking the racist barrier, the U.S. would be one of the worst places in the world. There would be no peace and order.

Jackie did what everyone else was afraid to do. applaud
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 16, 2009 12:38 pm

It ended up killing him too, because Branch Rickey told him he could not answer back to fans who taunted him....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 16, 2009 2:56 pm

gdennis59 wrote:

If not for breaking the racist barrier,

That's why. He didn't do it but he had no qualms about taking all the credit for it. Moses Fleetwood Walker played professional baseball long before Jackie Robinson. While Robinson was the first to play that particular year, several others (including Larry Doby) also played in 1947 but nobody cares about any of them. Then again Larry Doby didn't try and get all kinds of attention and try and be a celebrity his whole life like Robinson did.

If you look at their major league numbers, Larry Doby was a better player than Jackie Robinson. Robinson was elected to the HOF no problem. Doby didn't get in until years later with the help of the veteran's committee.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 pm

gdennis59 wrote:

If not for breaking the racist barrier, the U.S. would be one of the worst places in the world. There would be no peace and order.

Like we have peace and order in this country now
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 16, 2009 7:12 pm

gdennis59 wrote:

Where in my post did I say I hate Jackie Robinson

They is a difference in a player being least liked or down right hated [ like Hairston]

I agree with Catbox 100 percent

And why are all players and umpires forced to wear 42 for a day

They should be able to choose [ like it was before[ if they want to wear it or not
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 16, 2009 8:47 pm

I'll say I hate Jackie Robinson. I mean it's not completely his fault he gets so much credit but he had no problem taking the credit. I can understand people not caring about Moses Fleetwood Walker, but Larry Doby (and others) played that same season and Robinson wasn't a fan of pointing that out.

Larry Doby is one of my favorite players of all-time despite mostly being a Cleveland Indian. He was just as important as Robinson in breaking the color barrier (he was also the second black manager in ML history) but wanted to be known for more than that. Doby didn't want people to know him as the first black American Leaguer, but rather a hell of a ballplayer which is what he was.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 5:26 pm

I still wonder why all players and umpires are forced to wear 42

I hate Selig

He behind that nonsense
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 pm

I was in Vegas that day. Did EVERYONE wear 42? It used to be a choice.

Forcing people to do something is always stupid.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Yep, all players wore 42. And no names on the uniforms either! I think that is wrong, to require that they all wear 42 that day. I can see a 42 patch, but not the way they did it.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 9:45 pm

we like to keep track of who's who out there Big Smile
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 9:48 pm

I didn't like how they did it this year either.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 17, 2009 10:00 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Yep, all players wore 42. And no names on the uniforms either! I think that is wrong, to require that they all wear 42 that day. I can see a 42 patch, but not the way they did it.

They're getting more and more carried away with this every year. A couple years back it was the 60 year anniversary and some players (and all Dodgers) wore 42. That was going overboard, but it was okay. Next year they went crazier with it and now they're really getting bad.

In a few years everyone will wear 42 every day.

I'm also a huge opponent to the retirement of 42 league-wide. That was beyond stupid.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 4:13 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I was in Vegas that day. Did EVERYONE wear 42? It used to be a choice.

Forcing people to do something is always stupid.

YES

And so did all the umpires too
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 4:13 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

They're getting more and more carried away with this every year. A couple years back it was the 60 year anniversary and some players (and all Dodgers) wore 42. That was going overboard, but it was okay. Next year they went crazier with it and now they're really getting bad.

In a few years everyone will wear 42 every day.

I'm also a huge opponent to the retirement of 42 league-wide. That was beyond stupid.

MLB should never have retired 42
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 4:14 pm

I wonder if people can even order personalized jerseys with 42 on them
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 4:14 pm

I bet they can't
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Saw an article yesterday saying you can't custom order an Adenhart jersey. Apparently lots of Angels fans were trying to get one to honor him but you can't confused
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:13 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Saw an article yesterday saying you can't custom order an Adenhart jersey. Apparently lots of Angels fans were trying to get one to honor him but you can't confused

Give me a break

Why not?

Jackie Robinson is dead; but people can buy his jersey

Along with lots of other dead ballplayers

Fuck You Selig
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm

You can still get one on eBay though....and the prices keep rising.

Shit like that pisses me off. It just lets other people make a bunch of money. Why not set up a charity thing to buy Adenhart jerseys and give the money to MADD or some charity the Adenhart family picks (or even give them money). Instead greedy bastards get to profit off the misery of others.

You should be able to get anyone's jersey you want. If I want an Albert Pujols Detroit Tigers jersey why not? I could take a blank jersey to a seamstress and they could easily sew the stuff on there for me.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:16 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

I like jerseys with no names on them though

Wish the Tigers did that
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:17 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

Shit like that pisses me off. It just lets other people make a bunch of money. Why not set up a charity thing to buy Adenhart jerseys and give the money to MADD or some charity the Adenhart family picks (or even give them money). Instead greedy bastards get to profit off the misery of others.

You should be able to get anyone's jersey you want. If I want an Albert Pujols Detroit Tigers jersey why not? I could take a blank jersey to a seamstress and they could easily sew the stuff on there for me.

Bet people will do that instead of paying bullshit prices on eBay
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:20 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I doubt it - that requires you to buy a jersey, wait for it to come in, get some numbers and letters, take them to someone, have them sew them on, etc. By the time you do all that it's easier just to get one on eBay. Probably the same price at that point.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:23 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I doubt it - that requires you to buy a jersey, wait for it to come in, get some numbers and letters, take them to someone, have them sew them on, etc. By the time you do all that it's easier just to get one on eBay. Probably the same price at that point.

Smack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your least favorite ballplayers of all time   Your least favorite ballplayers  of all time - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Your least favorite ballplayers of all time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2