DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again

Go down 
+5
detroitwings82
gdennis59
TG
GoGetEmTigers
gs78
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 04, 2008 10:40 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Neutral
confused
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 04, 2008 11:01 pm

I feel bad for both trees and deer is all
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 4:53 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
It is better, if you want a real Christmas tree, to plant one in your yard and decorate it with lights. Then have an "after Christmas sale" artificial one for indoors. It is less of a fire hazard that way, and a tree is not killed for just a few weeks pleasure!

The new fiber-optic trees are pretty, look VERY REAL, and as Catbox said, they don't shed needles, become a fire hazard, or draw the dogs to them.

Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 8_2_80
Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 8_2_98Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 8_2_98Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 8_2_98Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 8_2_98

Speaking of fiber optics (which ours isn't....I don't like that look quite as much) the fake trees often come with lights now. No more stringing lights and having them sag and look like crap. Now they stay right where they should be and you don't have to string them.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 8:38 am

ya the real trees are the best to have but i mean if you have a very exspensive tree that fake and fiber-optic... use it by al means!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 am

I hope you mean all....

....ya know, with 2 L's?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 8:41 am

yes i mean all you a-hole!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am

Dont hit my kidney, I only have one left. LMAO
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 8:45 am

wow!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 8:45 am

Shut up you know its funny.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 5:36 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
ya the real trees are the best to have but i mean if you have a very exspensive tree that fake and fiber-optic... use it by al means!!
ooooor you could have 2....
I have one on the middle level of my house and one downstairs.

We put presents for people outside our immediate family under the middle level tree, and all the family gifts downstairs. It's kinda fun.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 9:07 pm

I want a Charlie Brown style Christmas Tree
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Charliebrowntree
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 9:50 pm

gs IS Charlie Brown!!
i AM Lucy! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 8:38 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Charliebrowntree
I have some christmas trees that look like that!!!! We had little trees that we planted in the woods over the summer, and the rest we planted in pots at my house. They are only about a foot and a half tall. My mom went around and put ornaments on them today. There are about 10 total trees.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Oh, and going back to the original point of this thread.....
I GOT SO MUCH SNOW TODAY. I love it. One of my dogs is having a lot of fun. She runs and throws the snow in the air, and then eats it and gets her face covered in it - which looks really ridiculous since she ends up as a black dog with a white face.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Dogs in snow...always fun to watch Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Nod They act like puppies again.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 9:09 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

I wish mine was her normal playful self. My 7 year old Eskimo hurt her back leg last Sunday, and is still not wanting to walk. The vet has her taking an anti-inflammatory..... not helping much No

Her grand-mother, 15 year old Shylo, got real sick this week, and we had to put her down Friday evening Sad.

They both loved snow, and one is not hear anymore to enjoy it, and the other has to be carried in and out, because of the steps. I am not a happy person right now! At least Tribble is eating. I will get her x-rayed Monday, to see what is going on.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sadpray pray pray
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 9:30 pm

Aw. I'm sorry Frown I hope your dog's leg is okay.

One of my dog's Joey, is 9 years old and she isn't nearly as playful anymore. She can't walk very well, and we have to give her asprin almost every day so she can walk up the stairs.

My other dog, Grace, is 7 and really playful. She is still very puppy-ish, especially when it snows.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 10:38 pm

Shylo, the older dog, was still able to race up to the 2nd floor! We don't know what was wrong with her. She just stopped eating, and the vet gave her a couple shots, and she was better that night. The next day she would not eat again and started having other problems. She could hardly see or hear. We had to use hand signals to communicate with her.

I am happy we got her, since I feel it was a rescue. She was a breeder dog for a big show breeder, who tried to make her a show dog, but she was too shy and hated it. So she was then just used for breeding. I don't put down the breeder, since she is well respected in how she treats her dogs. But I don't think the other dogs treated her well.

I also suspect that they had sent her home with someone and they hit her. She was angry and did not like men. If a man came to the house that she did not know, and she thought they were going to touch mom or myself, she would try to bite them. Luckly she liked her vet, but he really loves dogs and treated her well.

Shy always was afraid that someone was going to hit her, and ran from you when we needed to pick her up. We never even attempted to slap her. I felt so bad for her, but I feel we gave her 9 good years of love, and she really loved my mom and I.

It broke our hearts to have to put her down, but she was miserable, and the lady vet (they have 4 vets in the office) felt it was the best thing for her. But it still makes you feel bad. So far the other dog, Tribble, does not seem to be grieving badly like our last dog did when she lost her buddy.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Dec 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Well it was probably best if she was suffering. I hate when people don't put a dog down when it is miserable. I know you don't want to do it, but you have to do what is best for the dog. My parents think we will have to put down Joey soon Frown
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 07, 2008 3:23 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

I wish mine was her normal playful self. My 7 year old Eskimo hurt her back leg last Sunday, and is still not wanting to walk. The vet has her taking an anti-inflammatory..... not helping much No

Her grand-mother, 15 year old Shylo, got real sick this week, and we had to put her down Friday evening Sad.

They both loved snow, and one is not hear anymore to enjoy it, and the other has to be carried in and out, because of the steps. I am not a happy person right now! At least Tribble is eating. I will get her x-rayed Monday, to see what is going on.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sadpray pray pray

Hug
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 07, 2008 3:26 am

TG wrote:
Aw. I'm sorry Frown I hope your dog's leg is okay.

One of my dog's Joey, is 9 years old and she isn't nearly as playful anymore. She can't walk very well, and we have to give her asprin almost every day so she can walk up the stairs.

My other dog, Grace, is 7 and really playful. She is still very puppy-ish, especially when it snows.

Two of my dogs will be 8 next year

They aren't as playful as they used to be; but they like snow

My other dog, who is almost 3, hates snow
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 07, 2008 6:55 am

Hug she is a dog angel now, watching over you!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 07, 2008 9:36 am

laprimamirala wrote:

Yep, thanks everyone. You don't realize how much a part of your family they become.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 07, 2008 12:45 pm

gs78 wrote:

Smart dog.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 07, 2008 12:57 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

Yep, thanks everyone. You don't realize how much a part of your family they become.

Definitely. You keep looking around, expecting to see them....
I do know the path you're on....
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Dec 07, 2008 10:29 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Smart dog.

thumbs up

Snow sucks. Really, its no good, cant play baseball or anything else in it, its freezing and it kills people.

.....murdering snow.......

I's just gonna hibernate this winter! Whoo!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Dec 08, 2008 4:08 pm

I wanna go sledding....
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Dec 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Hafta wait until later this week when it gets cold again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again   Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Trashy Park gonna miss the snow again
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next