DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

It can't snow in Trashy Park

Go down 
+2
GoGetEmTigers
gs78
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

It can't snow in Trashy Park Empty
PostSubject: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 pm

While the rest of the metro area is getting snow, we are getting rain. The Downriver Area should seceed from Michigan; Maybe become a part of Ohio. Toledo and Cleveland are getting rain. Or form our own state: Nosnowbowbia

I am tired of missing the snow; Over and over again it snows west and north of Trashy Park but not here.

6-10 inches of snow north and west but only a few snow showers tonight as we get mostly a cold rain

Winter Storm Warnings and we get rain!

Not even an inch will fall but we will get plenty of wind this weekend. Why don't we miss the gusty winds.

While Oakland County Kids play in snow this weekend; Gusty Winds will blow trash and dead leaves all over Trashy Park; After today, there is no snow for the next two weeks; just flurries; big fucking deal

I just cleaned up my yard last week before Friday's Snow and now the rest of that shit down the street gets to blow all over

Fuck you Mayor Frank Vaslo: And Mario Di Santo; I would love to stick my rake up your asses;
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Feb 06, 2008 4:39 pm

It is just doing it to make you mad! You must have pissed off mother nature, and she is getting even.

I would move into an area more north of where you are now.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Feb 06, 2008 4:42 pm

She is a bitch: I wish I could move but it is too expensive to live in Bloomfield Hills or Rochester. Plus I ain't Jewish! In addition, it would take me further away from Comerica Park. And even if I won the lottery, i bet the snow would be from Trashy Park down to Toledo if I did and not snow there
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Feb 06, 2008 5:10 pm

How about Garden City, Livonia, Westland. I grew up in Garden City and home prices are not bad right now. Many of my neighbors from there now live in Livonia and Westland. It is not a bad drive to COPA. Many homes are now available cheaper due to forclosures.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Feb 06, 2008 7:28 pm

It doesn't snow much there either! More like Ann Arbor west and north of Southfield is where the heavy snow is falling; The rain finally changed to snow but we only got about an inch and it will move out of the are by 8 pm as dry slot moves in
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Feb 06, 2008 7:36 pm

gs78 wrote:
It doesn't snow much there either! More like Ann Arbor west and north of Southfield is where the heavy snow is falling; The rain finally changed to snow but we only got about an inch and it will move out of the are by 8 pm as dry slot moves in

Really? We got about 4-5 inches already and it's still snowing! grouch
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 2:05 am

I shoveled about 2 inches tonight;
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 2:06 am

I bet we would have had a foot if all the rain [ that fell earlier and last night] were snow!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 2:08 am

Milwaukee had a foot of snow today; Must be nice
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 2:17 am

Though some of that snow was lake enhanced;

That helps!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 2:17 am

Don't get like effect snow in Trashy Park.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

or much regular snow either
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Remember 1 inch of rain equals abt 1 foot of snow.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 12:20 am

Well we got 17.5 inches of snow in less than 24 hours. Our city was basically shut down. You want snow so damn bad? Come shovel my driveway. My children have missed 3 days in the last 8 school days. I have had conferences canceled on me TWICE now, one time while I was AT THE SCHOOL. Try driving anywhere in total whiteout conditions. And to top it off, my heater broke down last night at midnight... by 9 am it was less than 45 degrees in my house. My husband is laid off for a month, but so the hell what? I need heat so I had to write a check for money we don't have so I can take off my winter coat and hat in the damn HOUSE.

You want snow that bad? Move to Muskegon. And this is coming from someone who loves winter. I've had a Censored nuff.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 3:01 am

SoulRat wrote:
Well we got 17.5 inches of snow in less than 24 hours. Our city was basically shut down. You want snow so damn bad? Come shovel my driveway. My children have missed 3 days in the last 8 school days. I have had conferences canceled on me TWICE now, one time while I was AT THE SCHOOL. Try driving anywhere in total whiteout conditions. And to top it off, my heater broke down last night at midnight... by 9 am it was less than 45 degrees in my house. My husband is laid off for a month, but so the hell what? I need heat so I had to write a check for money we don't have so I can take off my winter coat and hat in the damn HOUSE.

You want snow that bad? Move to Muskegon. And this is coming from someone who loves winter. I've had a Censored nuff.

Wow! You could move here - no snow...ever! Of course the state sucks. It's too damn expensive nobody can afford to live here. Hell, even Bill Gates has to live in Washington.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:19 am

It snows in the mountains of California! Heck; Bill Gates could buy California! He is a super billionaire
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:34 am

Sorry to hear about that Soulrat: Hopefully things will get better for you soon; Don't feel bad; you are not alone; This entire state is going down the toilet; People are losing their jobs, their homes, It is terrible; The Politicians in Washington and Lansing aren't helping; Taxes keep going up and they expect us to do more with less; I am tired of it.

It is hard keeping a roof over your head and food on the table. Heck; I am going to work early today so i can make a little extra. Never enough though! One of the reasons why i gripe so much about the snow is because I help my brother in law sometimes with his snow removal and lawn care business. I like making some extra money, especially under the table, but we only had one big storm[ before Christmas] the entire winter. 1-2 inch snows aren't gonna cut it for me moneywise.

If we had even half your total snowfall this winter, I would have made some bucks. 17.5 in 24 hours! Almost as much snow as we have had the entire winter. Maybe 20 inches here, compared with 33 inches officially at the Airport and nearly 60 inches at the NWS office in White Lake Township

I should send you my snowthrower; Dying of loneliness[ i don't use it for piddly ass snow, not worth it] in the garage,

If Ilitch keeps raising ticket prices, I probably will be moving to your neighborhood, Won't be able to pay 30 or 40 bucks per game [81 games] for a bleacher ticket! That's for sure! Why live close to Detroit?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:41 am

One inch of rain does not always equal a foot of snow; it depends on amount the moisture in the snow. A powdery 12 inches equals an inch of rain but a heavy, wet snow of 12 inches would equal 2 inches of rain.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Wow! You could move here - no snow...ever! Of course the state sucks. It's too damn expensive nobody can afford to live here. Hell, even Bill Gates has to live in Washington.

:haha:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 pm

gs78 wrote:
Sorry to hear about that Soulrat: Hopefully things will get better for you soon; Don't feel bad; you are not alone; This entire state is going down the toilet; People are losing their jobs, their homes, It is terrible; The Politicians in Washington and Lansing aren't helping; Taxes keep going up and they expect us to do more with less; I am tired of it.

It is hard keeping a roof over your head and food on the table. Heck; I am going to work early today so i can make a little extra. Never enough though! One of the reasons why i gripe so much about the snow is because I help my brother in law sometimes with his snow removal and lawn care business. I like making some extra money, especially under the table, but we only had one big storm[ before Christmas] the entire winter. 1-2 inch snows aren't gonna cut it for me moneywise.

If we had even half your total snowfall this winter, I would have made some bucks. 17.5 in 24 hours! Almost as much snow as we have had the entire winter. Maybe 20 inches here, compared with 33 inches officially at the Airport and nearly 60 inches at the NWS office in White Lake Township

I should send you my snowthrower; Dying of loneliness[ i don't use it for piddly ass snow, not worth it] in the garage,

If Ilitch keeps raising ticket prices, I probably will be moving to your neighborhood, Won't be able to pay 30 or 40 bucks per game [81 games] for a bleacher ticket! That's for sure! Why live close to Detroit?

We're not that bad off, we knew the lay off was coming so we prepared... kinda... but having my dryer and my heater both break down within 2 days of each other is not an expense I could really afford right at the moment. Luckily we don't really NEED a dryer, but we could not live without the heat for very long, all I need is for pipes to start freezing. All I need now is for the car to break down so we can call it a hat trick. And the way my luck is right now, that will happen today.

The schools have all used up their snow days. They will now go for extra days in the summer.

We couldn't even use the snowblower, it was too deep and heavy. This was not lake effect. It normally takes my husband 10 minutes to shovel our short little driveway, he spent, and I shit you not, and hour and a half out there yesterday. We have to get up on that roof in the next few days, yay can't Censored wait.

I understand now why you are bitching so much. You need snow to make some extra money, while the cold and the snow are costing me what I don't really have right now. I normally love winter, but right now I've Censored had it.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:17 pm

I know what you are going through Soul. We woke up to no heat this morning. The heating man was just here and it was the Censored hot surgace ignitor again. It is a stupid part they use instead of a pilot light in all the new furnaces. This is the 10th one we have gone through in 10 years. The guy said they should last at least 5 years! Part runs $35 but with labor it ended up $100. Glad it happened today and not this weekend with the 9 degrees low we should get!!! I think I will check the internet and buy an extra (like the repair man said) and put it in myself next time!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Oh gawd that sucks Frown It was some ignitor part for us too. Last year it was the heat sensor. The year before that I don't know what it was, but I'll tell you what, these new furnaces suck. I don't remember having to call a repair man every year when I was a kid rant

The house gets very cold very fast huh? Christ I hate repairs. Granted, my heater has been running pretty much non-stop for 3 months but still grouch !!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:52 pm

I'm waiting for our hot water heater to go out. We have our tax meeting on Monday so we can get an idea of our refund...that's probably where it will go!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 pm

I just checked on the net and the ignitors cost $25 shipped or 10 for $200. I probably will get one. The time before this (2 months ago) it went on a Sunday and ran us over $200. I could have had a 10 pack for that! Boy am I mad. Earlier this year it was the blower motor and ignitor. We have replaced at least 18 things on this Bryant furnace. Never buy Carrier / Bryant or Payne. They are all the same brand and are a PAIN!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:02 pm

We made sure our last hot water tank had a pilot! Our prior direct vent hot water heater had the stupid ignitor (to save energy) and all it did was cost money!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Bitter Cold Air Saturday Night and Sunday; Strong Winds and artcic air; Stay Warm everybody
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:26 pm

That proposed tax refund check by the Government is looking better by the minute; Should help offset our money woes
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedSat Feb 09, 2008 2:48 am

Wish I could be smart and sock it away in a money market account!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedSun Feb 10, 2008 3:11 am

Bitter cold: Wind Advisory and Wind Chill Advisory; Unlike Snow advisories, when they say wind and wind chill, we get it
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_minipostedSun Feb 10, 2008 4:18 am

Supposed to be 15 below tonight for wind chill factor! Ugh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It can't snow in Trashy Park   It can't snow in Trashy Park Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

It can't snow in Trashy Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next