DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Empty
PostSubject: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedTue Jan 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Ann Arbor gets 10 inches, Brighton a foot, Northern Livingston and Oakland County 12-16 inches. Northville, Canton and Plymouth 7 inches Even Downtown Detroit got 4.4 inches!

Trashy Park 1.7 inches! Fucking Bullshit! rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedTue Jan 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Last time Trashy Park had a foot of snow; Jan, 2 1999! Pathetic
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedTue Jan 01, 2008 2:22 pm

I bet the six inch snow we had on Dec 16 is gonna be our only decent snow all winter;

No Snow for the next two weeks in the forecast! Cold and Dry rest of this week, followed by 40s and rain next week.

Just a thought; Why can't Trashy Park and the rest of Downriver ever get a foot while Oakland and Livingston Counties only get an inch or two?

I guess the day that happens will be the day after the Lions win the Super Bowl!

Which we be the day hell freezes over also!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedTue Jan 01, 2008 2:37 pm

60 day outlook calls for above normal temps and slightly below average precipatation.

Outlook for Opening Day, Partly Sunny 83 with a South wind less than 15 miles an hour.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedTue Jan 01, 2008 2:40 pm

And a Tigers Victory
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedTue Jan 01, 2008 6:37 pm

Grrr... I call all kinds of people.. they have snow! I look out my window and do I see snow, of course.. but i can still see the grass underneath it so it doesn't really count.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 1:55 am

It can't snow in Trashy Park or Downriver! Only 1-3 inches fell south of Detroit through Monroe while nearly a foot or more fell from Ann Arbor to Brighton To Pontiac. Even Livonia and Canton had eight inches. We had our one snowstorm [ for the winter] last month. We won't get any the rest of this winter. Maybe a few dustings or an inch or so [ like last night[ but nothing more.

Supposed to be in the upper 40s here [ and most of lower Michigan] by Monday. At least the heavy snow north and west of us will melt. I am tired of this everyone else in the state gets snow except us shit. even though I love snow, I hope it stays warm the rest of the winter throughout the region.

Face it, If it stayed cold, we would only continue to miss the snow! Why should everyone else [ including Ohio and Indiana] keep having heavy snow all winter. I hope temps are in the 40s and 50s statewide the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 am

It looked wild on WXYZ this morning...where was Bill Proctor? They also had guys at Warren and Farmington Hills...how close is that to you? (I've only lived here 5 years and Tigers fan for 1 year, so I don't have a good idea of the burbs yet.)
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 2:48 am

Far enough for the snow to miss us! Like they would come to Trashy Park if we had ever had a foot of snow again.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 2:49 am

Probably be in Wyandotte or Riverview or something
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 3:18 am

You can have some of this stuff down here! There's probably 2 to 3 more inches from this evening.
This is almost like winter in the Sierra foothills of California, where we used to live. The snow would come and then melt in a few days; mostly it was 50 to 60 degrees and rainy in the winter.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 3:31 am

Snowed about two tenths of an inch this evening! Brief Snow Showers around 8;00 pm Probably have about an inch and a half total on the ground.

I can't believe we missed the heavy snow!

I BET WE GET NOTHING THE REST OF THE WINTER!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 10:26 am

If we aren't going to have any snow what's the point of winter? Either I want it to snow or I want winter to be over.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 6:25 pm

It is supposed to be in the mid to upper 40s Sunday and Monday with rain showers throughout the region. I hope it stays warm. It will never snow more than an inch at a time here.

Northern Livingston and Northwest Oakland County had 10 -16 inches and all Trashy Park got was 1.7 inches.

Metro and City Airport only had 4!

I love how the Detroit News is trying to lump this storm with Detroit's all time biggest

For example, the top two storms of all time, when it snowed 24 inches in April 5-6 1886 and 19.2 inches on Dec 2 1974, the snow was recorded in Downtown Detroit [ in 1886] and at the airport in 74.

Livingston County is closer to Ann Arbor and North Oakland to Flint than Detroit
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Why can't it snow like that Downriver? Just once it would be nice to get a foot of snow Downriver and Monroe while them rich fuckers in Bloomfield and White Lake get only an inch or two

OF COURSE THAT WILL NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 6:33 pm

One more thing, The next time we get any kind of Winter Storm Warning; I am calling Channel 2, 4, and 7 and the National Weather Service and tell them to stick it up their ass.

We always miss the heavy snow or ice, But that have to get people like me [ that love snow] excited and people [ that hate it] all frantic and upset.

No reason for it! I encourage everyone that lives Downriver to do the same.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 6:35 pm

They have cried wolf one too many times. They could predict a blizzard tomorrow and I would not believe anything they say anymore!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 8:06 pm

Supposed to go down to like 9 degrees tonight, no snow expected though. I go back to school tomorrow. I was hoping we could get some snow tonight and it would be canceled (church tomorrow meaning I have to wear my skirt which means I'll be really cold) but yah right, we never get snow.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 3:51 am

Funny, they can be right about the cold, but not the snow. I was supposed to go to work on Thursday but I am taking a sick day. I got a bit of a cold and I don't feel like being out in the chill. I usually don't get sick, though.

Too bad it wasn't below zero. Maybe they close the schools because of cold temps. This cold snap won't last, though 45 on Sunday with rain showers

49 degrees on Monday with rain showers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 4:32 am

not cool
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 am

We only have about an inch and a half of snow on the ground. No big deal if it melts.

But Flooding could be an issue North and West of Detroit, especially if we get a lot of heavy rain the next few days.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 4:41 am

But I hope it stays warm. Why should it be cold? So we can miss more snow!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 6:04 am

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 9:27 am

I was sick all last night, I'm not going to school. So I guess it really didn't matter
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 10:07 am

There's a lot of IT going around!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 6:03 pm

I don't feel good either! I was in bed most of the day, only getting up to take my dogs ouside. Sipping on hot tea and and some hot soup.

I feel a little better. I have to work from 10-6 on Friday, I am tempted to call in but I like to save sick days for Tiger weekday afternoon games.

I am taking my vacation Opening Week, leaving me with a few personal days and sick time the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 6:09 pm

According to the Free Press, 18.1 inches recorded so far at Metro. Yeah Right! Not in Trashy Park.
Trashy Park's snow so far

Two Half inch dustings Late November, Early December

7.1 combined Dec 15-16 one inch the 15th and six the next day.
Half inch last Sunday night
1.9 inches. [1.7 inches plus 0.2 that night!] on New Years' Day
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 6:10 pm

I bet we have had the least in the entire state and even Toledo!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm not even setting my alarm tomorrow. I feel awful.

I hope you feel better GS!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Get some rest, TG. Get better soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park   Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Once again, the heavy snow misses Trashy Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: