DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Random Stories.

Go down 
+8
mrsrabelo
gdennis59
gs78
detroitwings82
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
SoulRat
TG
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Random Stories. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedWed Mar 18, 2009 8:54 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Sounds like you needed an extended seal between the tank and base. We have a toilet that needed all new seals, bolts, wax ring and gaskets. We tried the normal one between the base and tank, but it kept leaking. The reason was the toilet has tile on the wall behind it, and it put a small amt. of pressure on the tank, so it would not seat tight. I went to Lowes and found they have an extended gasket that you can use when they leak like that. And it worked great. I have replaced about 4 toilets and gutted and put all new parts in at least 4 more. This was the first time I ever found this problem. But at least they have a low cost solution. I bought either the Plumb Pak Tank to Bowl Assembly Kit for Gerber or TWI International Tank to Bowl Assembly Kit for Crane. They have taller gaskets.

But the toilet was brand-new and all required stuff was included confused

I could look into your solution though because we already have the toilet so we might as well use it I guess.

Then again the old one is in there and working leak-free so maybe I shouldn't press my luck.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 22, 2009 1:16 am

wow... Story:
So I did a survey on myspace and there was a question something like "if you could fix something with anyone who would it be?" and I put alyssa, but thats not gonna happen. A few minutes after I posted it I got a message from alyssa's best friend before I was her best friend. She asked me what happened....

So I told her the whole story, and how I cried for a week straight and I can't even look at her and about her boyfriend... just everything.

I get a reply a few minutes later telling me she is so sorry, and she knows how I feel. Because she did the exact same thing to her. She said that she couldn't be friends with her because of her boyfriend. And she told me the story (her boyfriend at the time was my brother, by the way.). It was my story exactly. And how she realized who her real friends are during it.

It's so weird. All I ever heard about her was what a bitch she was.... and now I realize thats totally not true. Chelsea (the girl I was talking to) never liked me because she thought I knew what was going on but didn't care, but I never really knew. And I totally get it now.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 4:46 pm

I just found out my second cousin is famous Rolling Eyes

My grandmother that just died has a brother. His grandson plays baseball for the University of Miami

Click

I've never met him. I've never met my grand uncle (his grandfather, my grandmother's brother) either. He's still alive though as he's my grandmother's younger brother.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 4:48 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I just found out my second cousin is famous Rolling Eyes

My grandmother that just died has a brother. His grandson plays baseball for the University of Miami

Click

I've never met him. I've never met my grand uncle (his grandfather, my grandmother's brother) either. He's still alive though as he's my grandmother's younger brother.

Maybe you should Big Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 5:06 pm

If he gets drafted by a ML team I'll write him a letter and try for his autograph. He might - he was drafted by the Pirates in the 22nd round after high school.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 5:08 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
If he gets drafted by a ML team I'll write him a letter and try for his autograph. He might - he was drafted by the Pirates in the 22nd round after high school.

I would write him a letter before

After all; you are kin

Who knows what it may lead to
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 7:25 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I would write him a letter before

After all; you are kin

Who knows what it may lead to

He has a facebook Rolling Eyes

I don't but my mom does. I'm going to try and add him as a friend on hers.

I doubt he'll ever be famous or anything but it's still kind of cool he plays for Miami. They have a good team. If I ever ended up in Florida I wouldn't mind saying hello. We were born within two months of each other.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 am

Bought a bookcase on Amazon about a week ago. It came in today so my books aren't on the floor anymore.

The bookcase says it was made in the USA so that should make everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 03, 2009 7:35 am

I'm getting my industrial pierced this weekend. 2 of my friends are going with me.... It should be pretty interesting. They want to record it, because it hurts really really bad.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 pm

I had to look it up to see what that meant. I was going to say you shouldn't pierce anything I don't know what it is, but it's just a fancy ear piercing so go right ahead. Don't pierce your lip though...or anywhere else not connected to the side of your head.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 03, 2009 3:39 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I had to look it up to see what that meant. I was going to say you shouldn't pierce anything I don't know what it is, but it's just a fancy ear piercing so go right ahead. Don't pierce your lip though...or anywhere else not connected to the side of your head.

Amen brother! Body piercing, other than ears, cause too many problems.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 03, 2009 4:24 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Yah, my friend and her older sister (who is one of my coaches) have it done and it looks really cool and I've been talking to them about it. So I'm getting it done tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 03, 2009 6:28 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Amen brother! Body piercing, other than ears, cause too many problems.

It's not so much that, it just looks horrible....like tattoos do.

I went on wikipedia and apparently there's about 8 trillion types of piercings. I read about most of them and a few of them are actually fairly safe, heal quickly, and have little risk of infection. They still look terrible though and should be avoided.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Yah I know some people who pierced some.... other stuff.... By themselves. I can't imagine that went well.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 1:21 am

My sister has her tongue pierced Neutral

On the plus side, the tongue heals remarkably well so if she ever gets smart and takes it out the hole will nearly go away.

I cringe when I see people put those giant holes in their ear lobes. I saw a guy the other day and it must have been at least an inch in diameter. That hole will never close.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 3:13 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

On the plus side, the tongue heals remarkably well so if she ever gets smart and takes it out the hole will nearly go away.

I cringe when I see people put those giant holes in their ear lobes. I saw a guy the other day and it must have been at least an inch in diameter. That hole will never close.

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 3:14 pm

I hate body piercings

GROSS!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 4:41 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

It does close up, it just scars really bad. My brother used to have huge ones and now all he can put in is a normal earring.

My industrial hurt really bad!!! It is pounding right now. I can't touch it. It is still bleeding a little and I got it 3 hours ago. I keep having to clean it. It hurts!

But it does look cool.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Spoiler:
I have some blood on the bar because I'm afraid to touch it... But this is it.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Ouch
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 8:58 pm

Yah.... It hurts. A lot.... And from what my couch says you can't sleep on it for a month and it hurts to touch for about a month. And I can't change the earring for a month, at that point I have to go back to the place I got it pierced and they put it in for me.

Last edited by TG on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 05, 2009 5:27 am

As of yesterday my mom no longer has a job.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Sleeping sucked last night. Couldn't turn over or anything. Any time I did I screamed.... So the rest of my family wasn't real happy. There was blood all over my face when I woke up this morning.

Shower wasn't much fun either. It burned.

It does look pretty cool though.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 05, 2009 9:47 pm

I wanna get the cartilage in my left ear pierced right above where I got it pierced the first time, but my mom says no.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 05, 2009 9:48 pm

I heard the cartiledge doesn't hurt that bad... But why won't she let you get it done?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 05, 2009 10:50 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
I wanna get the cartilage in my left ear pierced right above where I got it pierced the first time, but my mom says no.

Just over 2 years from now you'll be 18 and then you can decide for yourself. Might as well wait - your ear isn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 06, 2009 3:09 am

Yeah cat, till Mike Tyson hits my neighborhood
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 06, 2009 2:14 pm

LOL. He'll leave you most of your ear.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 06, 2009 4:26 pm

I dunno, I'm kinda doubting that one haha.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Practice today was horrible with my ear! My coach told me he hopes it gets infected... that pissed me off. Then everyone kept touching it. It hurt super bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Stories.   Random Stories. - Page 14 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Random Stories.
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next