DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Rants go here

Go down 
+13
TG
SoulRat
TigerLily
kharmon
Ohios#1TigerFan
gs78
rickimouse
gdennis59
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
bobrob2004
mrsrabelo
laprimamirala
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 12:10 pm

"FAT FREAKIN' CATS! DUMBROWSKI YOU'VE CREATED A MONSTER IN THE FORM OF A LONG TERM CONTRACTED GROUP OF BABIES THAT DON'T GET ALONG, THAT DON'T WORK HARD AND COULD GIVE A RATS A.. ABOUT WINNING. BOYCOTT THE TIGERS. WHAT IS GOING HERE IS OFFENSIVE TO THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND THE CITY OF DETROIT. TO HAVE THE GIFT THESE GUYS HAVE AND TO NOT GET ALONG AND PLAY THEIR TAILS OFF IS TOTAL BULL CRAP. FANS, TAKE SOLACE IN THE RED WINGS AND PISTONS. AT LEAST THESE ARE GROUPS OF GENTLEMEN THAT REALIZE THE OPPORTUNITY THEY HAVE AND AT LEAST MAKE THE MOST OF IT (AND ARE WINNERS). FAT CATS GO HOME!"

From the freep....my favorite one so far grouch
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 12:47 pm

hehe :haha:

I liked how he called them fat cats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 12:49 pm

pretty apt description!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 1:34 pm

rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 1:42 pm

rant
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm

I stickyed this so we can find it to rant.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Tue. 05/20/08 05:25 PM
Uh oh...Leyland just sounded off.

Anyone else listening to 97.1 WXYT? Apparantly Leyland too read some of the Grilli and other comments in the paper and was asked about it in the last hour or 2 down at the park. He is not happy. He basically blasted Grilli for saying anything at all, and in addition sounded as ticked off that guys are talking (especially ones who either are gone, not playing much and/or not producing)about anything regarding the clubhouse. I certainly understand his anger, but he sounds as if he is pretty fed up about right now. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.....Once again, winning will cure an awful lot of ills. It better start tonight and/or soon and continue though......
Marc, Green Bay, WI
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 7:26 pm

Would not be surprised if he walks away from this.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 7:41 pm

You can read Leyland's rant by clicking here it is the end post.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Well, nothing to rant about for now, except we need to get above .500, and our starters need more quality starts. And our pen needs to not give up so many runs. But I guess I am satisfied with tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
rickimouse
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
rickimouse

Female
Number of posts : 394
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Pudge, Clete Thomas, Granderson...
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu May 22, 2008 11:32 pm

FUCK PACE OF GAME!!

Please excuse my language but this is a bunch of crap!

BASEBALL IS NOT ABOUT GETTING DONE UNDER THE TIME LIMIT.

AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE HOW LONG A GAME TAKES:
DON'T CALL YOURSELF A FAN!!!

okay I'm done with this....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickireed
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSat May 24, 2008 4:13 pm

I agree!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSat May 24, 2008 4:14 pm

And it really worked during last night's game!

NOT!

Give me a break Selig!
Back to top Go down

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Jun 16, 2008 5:33 am

DAM HEADACHE!!!
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:18 am

Ok...so this may or may not qualify as a rant...but it's something that irritates the Censored out of me....and thought maybe my extended family members here could share their knowledge with me on this particular topic. So if anyone has some advice or tips...PLEASE speak up or send me a PM.

As some of you know (or may not know) from reading a couple of my old threads on the "other" Tigers MB...Back in 2003, I ruptured 2 discs in my lower back (L4/L5; L5/S1). In 2003, I had surgery to repair L5/S1, and in 2004, had surgery to repair L4/L5. Then....in June of 2007, I had knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus.

Fast forward to March of this year....I re-tore the meniscus and had 10 cc's of fluid removed from behind my knee, and will have to have it done again next month. Then...about a month ago, while at work, I ruptured my L5/S1 disc again. Problem is....even though it ruptured at work, if I file a Workers Comp claim...they will deny it due to having previous issues with my back. My Dr. wants me to be on "light duty" at work while I undergo treatment (which, with my job, there is no such thing)...but if I DO get light duty, they will put me out on disability leave until I'm "healed".

I guess my question is this: Even though the most recent ruptured disc is a direct result of my job, do I dare attempt to file a Worker's Comp claim and force them to let me keep working on light duty, or just say "the hell with it" and keep doing what I've been doing and just hope that it doesn't get any worse? I mean...after all....I will be using 2 weeks of vacation time the weeks of July 7th and July 14th...then I will be laid-off for 2 weeks, due to "low demand/high inventory" of vans. So I will be off work the entire month of July....pleanty of time to "rest up"....no? Any thoughts or ideas?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:22 am

I file a claim!

If you injured it at work; why take a chance on it getting worse!

It is your health
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:23 am

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Ok...so this may or may not qualify as a rant...but it's something that irritates the Censored out of me....and thought maybe my extended family members here could share their knowledge with me on this particular topic. So if anyone has some advice or tips...PLEASE speak up or send me a PM.

As some of you know (or may not know) from reading a couple of my old threads on the "other" Tigers MB...Back in 2003, I ruptured 2 discs in my lower back (L4/L5; L5/S1). In 2003, I had surgery to repair L5/S1, and in 2004, had surgery to repair L4/L5. Then....in June of 2007, I had knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus.

Fast forward to March of this year....I re-tore the meniscus and had 10 cc's of fluid removed from behind my knee, and will have to have it done again next month. Then...about a month ago, while at work, I ruptured my L5/S1 disc again. Problem is....even though it ruptured at work, if I file a Workers Comp claim...they will deny it due to having previous issues with my back. My Dr. wants me to be on "light duty" at work while I undergo treatment (which, with my job, there is no such thing)...but if I DO get light duty, they will put me out on disability leave until I'm "healed".

I guess my question is this: Even though the most recent ruptured disc is a direct result of my job, do I dare attempt to file a Worker's Comp claim and force them to let me keep working on light duty, or just say "the hell with it" and keep doing what I've been doing and just hope that it doesn't get any worse? I mean...after all....I will be using 2 weeks of vacation time the weeks of July 7th and July 14th...then I will be laid-off for 2 weeks, due to "low demand/high inventory" of vans. So I will be off work the entire month of July....pleanty of time to "rest up"....no? Any thoughts or ideas?

I would go ahead a file a claim. If your doctor can say the injury is a direct result of your job then you have every right to file. What's the worse that will happen? They'll deny the claim. I wouldn't go about doing the same as before, because chances are it will get worse and then you're screwed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:31 am

Good point about making it worse. I dunno...I guess my concern is that if I have to miss a day of work to go to a hearing after I file the claim, and they deny the claim, I could be given "disciplainary" time off for missing work. I have a spotless work record and kind of want to keep it that way. It's really a catch-22. I'm damned if I do...damned if I don't. I could try to use FMLA for the hearing, but if the claim gets denied...I'm screwed on that, too. God...I hate my employer! rant :haha:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:38 am

Why can't you go to a hearing on your day off?
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:40 am

LOL Because around here...there are no hearings on the weekends (my only days off, unless I'm laid off)...and they are about 5 months backlogged!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 am

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:42 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:43 am

You are Welcome!

Goodnight Ohio!
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 am

I'm not sure what the laws are in Ohio, but I don't think your employer can discipline you for going to a hearing when it's work related, no matter the outcome. But I haven't really been in the workforce for very long, so I could be wrong. Did your employer tell you they would deny it? I know they use that was a scare tactic, but I'm sure a doctors word is more reliable then anything else. Maybe if you got a second opinion to go with it. The best bet is to file and do your homework and go prepared with a few doctors saying that this is a work related injury despite any other injuries you may have had before. In any case I would do anything that could make it worse or causing a whole new injury.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:50 am

No....my employer never told be it would be denied....a Lawyer did! lol As for them disciplining me for missing work...its in our contract (I'm a UAW member), that if we miss work for any reason that has not been given prior approval (ex. vacation days, medical leave), we can get time off without pay for missing work. And because the company is Forcing me to use 2 weeks of vacation time in July (company wide shutdown), I won't have any vacation time to use untill December. So its really up to my boss to decide if he wants to give me the day off...and he likes me about as much as we like the Yankmees or Indians.....lol
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 am

Oh well...the more I think about it...I guess I'm just going to take my chances...file the claim...and hope the Union can help me out (although I doubt it...they are as usefull as tits on a Nun).

I think my best bet is to relax the whole month of July, go through treatment, and hope it's better by the time I go back to work in August....then sometime around January...worry about going to a workers comp hearing. lol
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 3:13 am

Alright, I'm in a bitchy mood (for no reason):

1. I really hate it when I'm baking cookies and they don't Censored rise. They look like tiny, chocolate-chip pancakes except not as good.

2. Censored writer's block.

3. Nurses piss me off. Not all of them, just the ones that have ever treated my family. My grandfather has cancer, but it can possibly go into remission. The doctors are hopeful-- the nurses want to bury him! If they're so damn smart, why the hell don't they go back to medical school and become doctors? Apparently they know more.

4. I'm going to the doctors again in May, which is a really trivial rant. I just wish I didn't have to.
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 3:13 am

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Oh well...the more I think about it...I guess I'm just going to take my chances...file the claim...and hope the Union can help me out (although I doubt it...they are as usefull as tits on a Nun).

I think my best bet is to relax the whole month of July, go through treatment, and hope it's better by the time I go back to work in August....then sometime around January...worry about going to a workers comp hearing. lol

I'll be praying for you, Otig. Nod
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedThu Jun 19, 2008 3:28 am

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:

I hope it all works out for you.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 1:07 am

Alright I'm going to bitch.

DIRECTV SUCKS MY Censored !! So I have finally had it and decided I am getting cable... TODAY! THEN, like a dumbass, I realize that I have already paid for Extra Innings in it's entirety. So unless I want to pay that UNGODLY sum of money again to watch my hot fishie boys I am stuck with this POS crap until the end of September. Oh I am SUCH A DAMN IDIOT!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Rants go here
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: