DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Rants go here

Go down 
+13
TG
SoulRat
TigerLily
kharmon
Ohios#1TigerFan
gs78
rickimouse
gdennis59
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
bobrob2004
mrsrabelo
laprimamirala
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Rants go here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 2:35 am

SoulRat wrote:
Alright I'm going to bitch.

DIRECTV SUCKS MY Censored !! So I have finally had it and decided I am getting cable... TODAY! THEN, like a dumbass, I realize that I have already paid for Extra Innings in it's entirety. So unless I want to pay that UNGODLY sum of money again to watch my hot fishie boys I am stuck with this POS crap until the end of September. Oh I am SUCH A DAMN IDIOT!!

bow DirecTV.

You know, if you moved to California you'd love DirecTV...so much you'd marry it (or something?). We have beaches and sun here whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 2:38 am

Boo, if I'm going to move it will be to Florida to see the hot fishie boys in person but seriously, DIRECTV SUCKS ASS!!! It went buh-bye in the 3rd inning and is STILL NOT BACK!! Andrew pitches tomorrow you asshat directv people, MAKE IT WORK!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 2:39 am

I blame Hairston for this!

You can't have nothing with him!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 2:44 am

SoulRat wrote:
Boo, if I'm going to move it will be to Florida to see the hot fishie boys in person but seriously, DIRECTV SUCKS ASS!!! It went buh-bye in the 3rd inning and is STILL NOT BACK!! Andrew pitches tomorrow you asshat directv people, MAKE IT WORK!!

Is your weather bad or something confused I don't get why it isn't working for you. Do you have trees blocking the dish or something? We had problems for a few days once when a branch fell off a tree from the neighbor's house and landed on our roof. It was a small branch and did no damage but the picture didn't come in right until we got the ladder out.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 3:08 am

It's raining Neutral That is enough... yay directv Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 3:08 am

gs78 wrote:
I blame Hairston for this!

You can't have nothing with him!

LMAO !!! Asshat !!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 3:40 am

SoulRat wrote:

How old is your dish? We get rain and no problems. Something is fishy or something. Then again you're kind of close to Cinci which is home of Jerry Hairston, Sr. I'm close to Scott Hairston though so who knows :shrug:
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 11:34 am

Have Direct TV move your dish to a less windy location and have them show you they have it securely fastened down and bringing in a STRONG signal!

We went through the same thing with Dish. Once they moved the dish, we received a much better picture!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 11:43 am

I don't see why people bother with dishes anyway. Get cable and you don't have to worry about the wind, rain, snow, trees, etc...

bow Cable
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 12:11 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

How old is your dish? We get rain and no problems. Something is fishy or something. Then again you're kind of close to Cinci which is home of Jerry Hairston, Sr. I'm close to Scott Hairston though so who knows :shrug:

I don't know :shrug: Probably about 6-7 years. We've had this crappy service for a long time and I'm done with it. As soon as baseball season is over, I'm getting cable. And if I get rich, I'll be done with it sooner. I'm such an idiot, I should have gotten cable BEFORE baseball season because I just knew I was going to be pulling my stupid hair out with this crap all summer Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 12:13 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Have Direct TV move your dish to a less windy location and have them show you they have it securely fastened down and bringing in a STRONG signal!

We went through the same thing with Dish. Once they moved the dish, we received a much better picture!

This is a good idea. Although I am so tempted to tell them what they can really do with their stupid dish... whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 12:13 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
I don't see why people bother with dishes anyway. Get cable and you don't have to worry about the wind, rain, snow, trees, etc...

bow Cable

Nod thumbs up
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 12:37 pm

Comcast has me by the short and curlies anyway. I have to have them for DSL for my job, so figured might as well have the cable too!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 3:01 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:

bow Cable

Wind, rain, etc. doesn't effect satellite at all although it does Censored up my cable. Even trees aren't a problem as long as the dish isn't inside a tree. We have this oak tree in our back yard and its branches pretty much cover the entire yard and block the dish but it's probably 15 feet higher than the dish so there's no problems.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

bow Cable

Wind, rain, etc. doesn't effect satellite at all although it does Censored up my cable. Even trees aren't a problem as long as the dish isn't inside a tree. We have this oak tree in our back yard and its branches pretty much cover the entire yard and block the dish but it's probably 15 feet higher than the dish so there's no problems.

Nah, I still think you got it backwards. Satellite's need to get signals. If there's anything in the way such as wind, trees, etc., it'll Censored it up. Whereas with cable, all the wires intact. I even have branches touching my cable and still get a clear picture. Try doing that with a dish!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Bobrob is right. I can't tell you how many times I've had to go out in the winter time during the middle of something we are trying to watch to clear snow off the stupid thing.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Time for a useless rant...

So I'm taking a class this semester and we have to use this software to do our homework. The software decides to expire in the middle of the semester. So we had miss a week of class. Now, they have to install the next version of the software which technically won't be available until September when the next semester begins. Because of this, they won't let us install the software on our personal computers like the old version because of licensing issues. Even though we paid for a book and a software for this semester, we aren't able to use it for the whole semester. Now in order to complete the homework I have to go back to the college and use the library computers for the next two weeks, and they close at 9:00PM. So now I can't do my homework at 11:00PM like I used to. Why did the college order a software that we won't be able to use for the whole semester? :shrug: confused confused confused

And to top it off, I missed Verlander pitch his best game of the year!

rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 9:39 pm

I need to yell....

OMG! I babysit Wednesday ALL DAY! 10 hours. I get $20. The next day, I babysit 11 hours, $20. Now today, I babysit about 5 hours, and I don't get payed. Nothing!

My dad's friends are hear now and he is being completely stupid because he thinks it is cool to yell at me as much as he wants. And of course, when I argue I'M the one who gets yelled at for it by my mom, because my dad can do no wrong.

I'm going to a new school and I don't know ANYONE. I am really shy and everyone there already knows each other.

rant Frown

Okay, I'm done for now.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 9:47 pm

You're old enough to get a job at McDonalds or something like that. Yeah, it's a boring job and everything but they pay is better than babysitting.

There's better high school type jobs but that's just an example.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:03 pm

One day, one prob at a time, g/f! You can do it!
College is like that too! you don't know anybody the first year and it sucks! But it all works out.
Sometimes the best revenge is to give whomever is yelling at you the silent treatment. Sometimes that's all they want is a rise outta ya, and when they don't get it, they back off.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
You're old enough to get a job at McDonalds or something like that. Yeah, it's a boring job and everything but they pay is better than babysitting.

There's better high school type jobs but that's just an example.
I could get a job at my cousin's marina getting payed quite well but my parents won't let me get a real job.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 pm

Probably because they are afraid you would run off and party with Joel if he shows up at the marina! Big Smile
Seriously, that would be a good paying job. Tips would be gr8!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
One day, one prob at a time, g/f! You can do it!
College is like that too! you don't know anybody the first year and it sucks! But it all works out.
Sometimes the best revenge is to give whomever is yelling at you the silent treatment. Sometimes that's all they want is a rise outta ya, and when they don't get it, they back off.
Yah I guess so. The thing is, everyone there is from public schools and been together forever.... but I'm coming in from a Catholic school and have never met ANY of these people before.

And it's difficult with the silent treatment when it's your parents because then they bug me about whats wrong and when I start to say something they are like we'll talk about it later... or say it doesn't matter get over it.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:13 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Probably because they are afraid you would run off and party with Joel if he shows up at the marina! Big Smile
Seriously, that would be a good paying job. Tips would be gr8!

haha. well i WOULD do that. That would be a fun job too.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Definitely have been there! One of many reasons why I'm not close to my parents even now!
As regards to school...ya just gotta take it one friend at a time. Also be in something big, like choir? marching band? drum/flag corps? sports? school play? that gets you meeting lots of people all at once...
Shy is hard at times, but I always thought of it as being cautious! Just embrace it as a strength rather than a weakness.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:22 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Definitely have been there! One of many reasons why I'm not close to my parents even now!
As regards to school...ya just gotta take it one friend at a time. Also be in something big, like choir? marching band? drum/flag corps? sports? school play? that gets you meeting lots of people all at once...
Shy is hard at times, but I always thought of it as being cautious! Just embrace it as a strength rather than a weakness.
I'm doing Rowing... but it doesn't start until spring. The only people I know are my brother's friends... who are seniors.

And that's good advice. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 11:26 pm

More ranting....

My dad's idiot friend (his wife's daughter is who I babysit) just left and was talking about my dog. My dog has been very sick for a long time, she sleeps a lot during the day but at night can't. She is very uncomfortable. He was making fun of her saying if she died we could stuff her and just leave her laying there and there wouldn't be a difference. NOT FUNNY!

Oh, and right after that they left. And of course, they didn't pay me for watching their daughter. I couldn't leave all day and I had to sit their and entertain their daughter... but I wasn't payed.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 13, 2008 1:55 am

You will make lots of New Friends!

Don't Worry!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 13, 2008 3:42 am

gs78 wrote:
You will make lots of New Friends!

And if you don't you won't have to have to worry about people bugging you all the time asking you for money, drugs, etc.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Jul 13, 2008 7:49 am

Being out on your own = THE BEST REVENGE. You will enjoy it greatly, I have a feeling! Smile
Consider the source of rude comments. Your dad's friend is very shallow for even thinking that, much less saying it to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Rants go here
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: