DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum

Go down 
+2
gs78
bobrob2004
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 6:32 am

gs78 wrote:
Too bad ESPN or ESPN 2 couldn't have shown the game;

But they had to show Women's College Basketball and Drag Racing.

Both Proven Ratings Winners!

Suspect
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Okay. Sorry about the delay! I will have pictures later. Here's what all happened...

• My dad was supposed to arrive at 11 but it took until noon due to traffic. No big deal at all, just irritating for him.
  • He gives me a blank CD so I can make a CD. It screws up so the CD is ruined and he only brought one. Oh well, it wasn't that crucial, I'll make the CD when I go home.
  • We parked his car and decided to take my mom's car to the game. We walk the half hour to the car. The keyless entry isn't working. Hmm scratch I'll just unlock it. Hey, the car won't start. The battery is dead. Can't worry about this now. We'll jump start it later.
  • We walk the half hour back to his car and drive it to the game.
  • We park at Dodger Stadium to take the shuttle to the Coliseum. They don't form a line like you'd expect so it was a hassle getting on a bus. When we finally do the bus is full and we have to stand which was unfavorable. Not too big of a deal though. Once we got there it was over.
  • Outside the Coliseum is a TV with the basketball on. We were super early so that was cool. All the sudden they flip the TV around so you have to be inside the stadium to see and only the people in the one end zone could see. This area was restricted to people with tickets there since it was standing room only. Oh well, I didn't care that much. UCLA won YAY! (I guess that's good :shrug: )
  • We get to our seats. They aren't very good but that was expected. They weren't as bad as I thought.
  • We watched the game but the people there were worse than usual and couldn't stop wandering around. Oh well, you knew that would happen.
  • Attendance was 115,300 - that is the largest crowd to see a baseball game in WORLD HISTORY YAY! Big Smile
  • Papelbon pitched. I took a picture of every pitch he threw ashamed and some while he was warming up and stuff. I took close to 50 pictures of him :haha: They aren't that great of pictures but I'll show you some of the better ones. I haven't actually looked at them yet so maybe they're mediocre at least.
  • Casey played. I got some pictures. The post holding up the net behind home plate made it tough to see him. I got some better pictures when he was on 3rd base.
  • Time to take the shuttle back. Oh Censored That line was so Censored long you wouldn't believe it. It took half an hour to walk from where we left the stadium to the end of the line. It took something like 2.5 hours to get onto a shuttle.
  • We get to Dodger Stadium and fly back to the car. No traffic at all hardly Stunned Then again it was 2:45 AM.
  • We get back to the car to jump start it. Jumper cables aren't long enough since the car is parked up against a wall between two cars. No biggie - we'll just put it in neutral and push it to a better spot. Uh-oh! You can't shift if the car isn't in on. We have no tools so we can't take my dad's battery out to charge it that way. We'll go to the store and buy a battery and a tool kit the next morning. We go to bed at 3:45. Alarm is set for 7:30.
  • We go back to my mom's car just to see what tools we need. My aunt calls for no reason (odd - she never calls hardly) and we mention the shift dilemma. She says there might be a way to override that. We search the manual and if you use a super thin thing (e.g., a nail file) you can pop open this thing on the gear shifter, stick a key in there and shift!!!
  • We get the car shifted, move it and try to jump it. The alarm sounds and probably wakes everyone up. It turns out you can't deactivate the alarm if the key is in the ignition.
  • My dad finally decides let's just plug it in without starting the car. The alarm sounds, I deactivate it (key not in ignition) and we get the car started. We let the car run for a while, drive to Santa Monica and back and it will now start. I'm going to test it again tomorrow. Hopefully it will work pray

Pictures coming eventually!

Last edited by catbox_9 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Oh, another thing.

The Dodgers played "Sweet Caroline" during the game. WHY?! That's the Red Sox's song!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 3:52 pm

Why is that even the Red Sox's song?

Doesn't Neil Diamond sing it?

Maybe he is from Boston?

Last edited by gs78 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 4:19 pm

gs78 wrote:
Why is that even the Red Sox's song?

Doesn't Neil Diamond sang it?

Maybe he is from Boston?

wiki wrote:
Sweet Caroline is popular at sporting events. It has been the signature song played during Boston Red Sox games at Fenway Park. The tradition began when Fenway Park music director Amy Tobey had noticed that the song was used at other sporting events, and decided to try it out at Fenway. The team continued to play the song occasionally (usually in the middle of the 8th inning) when the team was winning. In 2002, new owner John W. Henry requested that the song be played at every home game, because he liked the response that it got from the crowd.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Neil Diamond is a New Yorker so I'd guess he's not even a Red Sox fan.

Pictures are up!

www.dtf1.net/baseball-photos-f41/los-angeles-t991.htm#60646
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks for the info Bobrob!

Learn something everyday!

Corrected my typo!

Should be sing instead of sang!

Hard to believe I have a college degree sometimes!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 5:15 pm

gs78 wrote:

LMAO

I make some pretty bad type-o's, too :haha:
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 11:37 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

LMAO

I make some pretty bad type-o's, too :haha:

I run back in and correct mine...quickly!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Mar 31, 2008 8:08 am

Usually I notice them but I was posting as Catbox was posting his pictures from the game.

Didn't notice it until later!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum   Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Boston Red Sox-
Jump to: