DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

My dad died

Go down 
+4
gdennis59
bobrob2004
TG
catbox_9
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

My dad died - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 19, 2009 10:59 am

My dad died - Page 3 284164
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 19, 2009 3:49 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
I got my clothes to wear for the funeral since I can no longer borrow my dad's suit (he has to wear it for the viewing/funeral/etc.).

Also, I think one of our cats died.
No

As we left for the funeral we found the cat alive. Its leg is very badly broken. We didn't get to take it to the vet today due to the funeral and what not but we'll probably take it tomorrow (if we can find it again).

I wonder how it broke its leg; poor cat; hope it is OK;

And Hang in there Catbox Group Hug
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 19, 2009 4:29 pm

good job cbox! hopefully kitty will be ok!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 19, 2009 11:21 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
good job cbox! hopefully kitty will be ok!

Update on the cat. It disappeared again for about 36 hours or so but we just found him. This time we grabbed it and put it in a cage. Its leg is in really bad shape. It's a stray cat that we feed (we have 5 such stray cats that we've had fixed and feed living in our front yard) so we're not sure what we're going to do. We'll probably take him to the vet and have his leg fixed on Monday (to save on vet bills, weekend costs more) but we're kind of concerned about doing that as it will probably cost quite a bit and we aren't rich. Still, we just can't get ourselves to put an otherwise healthy cat to sleep. He's probably about 3-years-old. Donations accepted Rolling Eyes

Here's his picture. His name is Jaws (because he attacks you whenever you go out the front door if there is no food in the dish):

My dad died - Page 3 09190910
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 am

You can send him here! He'll have a happy home, if he can get along with my 10.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 am

Cbox, PM me so we can arrange a donation. Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 27, 2009 1:26 pm

We got 3 sets of identical photos in the mail from shutterfly. Not sure who sent those pictures. Those pictures included pictures of my father in a casket. I did not find that amusing.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Why would anyone send that at all?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 27, 2009 2:32 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
We got 3 sets of identical photos in the mail from shutterfly. Not sure who sent those pictures. Those pictures included pictures of my father in a casket. I did not find that amusing.

Some families want a picture like that, most do not! That should be up to the family to take themselves, not for somebody else to casually send to you. I agree, that was totally uncalled for!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Some families want a picture like that, most do not! That should be up to the family to take themselves, not for somebody else to casually send to you. I agree, that was totally uncalled for!

Turns out it was my dad's sister that sent them. She e-mailed me a close-up of my dad today. It wasn't an attachment, it was right in the e-mail so I saw it when I opened it up. Personally, I hate pictures of dead people I know. My mom's family tends to take these sort of pictures and I always hated them growing up (we had my great grandmother on the fridge for a while). Even they had a little respect though - my mom's sister (who lived 3 houses down from my dad for 15 years and was a good friend of his) did not take any pictures out of respect for my sister and I. She said it was the first funeral she's ever been to without taking pictures.

I'm not taking this whole thing well and pictures of my dad dead don't help. I keep taking down all the pictures of my dad (when he was alive) from the house and my mom and sister get mad because they don't think that's an appropriate way to deal with this. If I can't even look at non-dead pictures, why would dead pictures help?
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 30, 2009 1:30 am

Hey Cat....Just saw the thread..My deepest sympathies to you and your family! Sorry If there is anything I can do for you to help you through this tough time...let me know. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 30, 2009 1:43 am

catbox_9 wrote:
The Saturday before my dad died my mom had dinner at my boyfriend's house with her other sister, his boyfriend, and another couple.

Ok....I'm really confused.... lol2

You know me Ryan...gotta try to make you smile one way or another during this difficult time. Understand that I'm just being me...not being offensive by ANY means...just picking on ya to try to lighten the mood a lil bit. Seems to me like you need a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
The Saturday before my dad died my mom had dinner at my boyfriend's house with her other sister, his boyfriend, and another couple.

You know me Ryan...gotta try to make you smile one way or another during this difficult time. Understand that I'm just being me...not being offensive by ANY means...just picking on ya to try to lighten the mood a lil bit. Seems to me like you need a good laugh.

I agree. But if my mom (I would say my dad, but he and I aren't very close) died, I don't know that I'd want to be cheered up.

Best wishes to ya Cat, I really hope you can feel better soon. I'm sure it's not easy on you, it was hard for me losing my best friend's dad, so I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard this is.

Again, hope you can get over this hump in life very soon. Sorry
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

:haha:
Yeah, that should have said her, not my Smack
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 30, 2009 11:16 pm

We got our urns today. I got home and my sister said we had a present and asked if I wanted to see it. The way she was talking I was expecting a puppy or something. Now the question is what to do with the urns. My sister put her mini urn in the car (it comes with a case so it'll be safe). The main urn is on her dresser until we find a better spot, and my mini urn (which I don't really want at this point) is stashed away in the closet which seems kind of inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 pm

I did not know what to do with my dad's urn. Since he was a WW 2 vet, we ended up getting the free govt flat grave marker and having it buried on a family grave site. You can have it placed on a currently used grave site that your family owns for only the cost of the digging of a shallow hole.

With the mini urn, I don't know what I would do.

When my mom or I die, we are going to be cremated and have our urns buried on the same site as my dad's urn. We will just get flat markers like his. (only not military, of course).
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 26, 2009 3:13 pm

I got a check for five figures in the mail today which was my dad's 401K money. Still waiting on a check from CalPERS (California public employees retirement service).
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 28, 2009 10:31 am

Neutral wow!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Bump

Today's the 7 month anniversary.

To go with the anniversary the guy my aunt has been living with for the last 10 or so years died this morning. That also means her last 3 boyfriends have all died.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dad died   My dad died - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

My dad died
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3