DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?

Go down 
+2
tigersaint
bobrob2004
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Empty
PostSubject: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 11:20 am

Beat reporter Jason Beck answers Tigers fans' questions
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

With Miguel Cabrera signed, why not play him in left field and keep Brandon Inge at third? He is one great defensive player the team will greatly miss.
-- Daniel B., Grandville, Mich.

Spoiler:

Given that Inge is unquestionably good defensively, what did Tigers ownership and management expect his batting average to be in 2007 so that the Cabrera trade wouldn't have happened? Moreover, why give Inge a multi-year contract extension if a trade of this magnitude was even remotely considered?
-- Mark C., Tipton, Mich.

Spoiler:

Hi Jason. Am I wrong, or is it a no-brainer for Inge to play part-time on a winner as opposed to full-time on a loser? I know it's a matter of personal preference for that player, but c'mon. I know we're speculating, but how can he be happy playing for Pittsburgh or some other also-ran?
-- Daniel L., Genoa, Ohio

Spoiler:

When a player under contract like Inge gets booted from his position because of an incoming transaction, does he release to the media that he wants to play elsewhere to kind of shaft the team? It seems like sour grapes to me for a player to say in the press that they want to be traded, when he knows darn well that means everyone in the league knows he wants out. So there is no way they will get a) value for him and b) anyone that will be willing to pickup the remaining 19 mill. It doesn't seem like business strategy to me as much as it does an eye for an eye. Does he gain anything by demanding a trade?
-- Chad P., Grayling, Mich.

Spoiler:

Jason, is it your sense that the Tigers might take less than "market value" for Inge just to reduce the roster or will they demand fair value for him. If, by chance he stays, then who's next on the block?
-- Danny S., Knoxville, Tenn.

Spoiler:

Hi Jason, My fiancee is a huge Inge fan like myself and it will be sad to lose his glove at third base. My question is: What should I do about the Inge T-shirt I got her for Christmas? She is going to be devastated if they trade him! Why can't we make Cabrera lose 20 pounds and put him in left field?
-- Josh L, Toledo

Spoiler:

Hey, a question that doesn't involve Inge!!:

To me, the biggest question facing the Tigers this year is depth. After letting Andrew Miller, Jair Jurrjens, and now Chad Durbin go, how will they account for a possible injured starter? We can't reasonably expect all five starters to stay off the DL all year, so what contingency plan do the Tigers have?
-- Ryan G., Rochester, Mich.

Spoiler:

In assessing the now-depleted state of the Tigers' farm system, you made no mention of Rick Porcello. Where do things stand with him?
-- Mike V., Carmel, N.Y.

Spoiler:

Does Freddy Guzman have any chance with his speed and defense to stay in Detroit as a pinch runner or a replacement outfielder?
-- Dany B., Oklahoma City, Okla.

Spoiler:

Does Minor League catcher James Skelton have any future in the Majors? He hits left-handed, but he is the smallest catcher I have ever heard of: 5-feet 11-inches and 170 pounds.
-- Rich E., Mesa, Ariz.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 2:47 pm

3rd base. End of discussion!!
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Exactly. Inge can play another position and live with it.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Inge's BEST choice would be to stay in Detroit and Super-sub. He would play more in Detroit under THOSE circumstances than he would anywhere else as a starter.....until he is exposed and benched anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 2:57 pm

Yeah..and he'd be on a winning team! It's not like if we trade him to the Pirates he's ever going to win a championship.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm

He might be just what the Pirates need to get over the hump......

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Last edited by on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedTue Dec 18, 2007 6:10 pm

tigersaint wrote:
He might be just what the Pireates need to get over the hump......

LMAO LMAO LMAO

That's one big hump to get over!

:pirat:
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedWed Dec 19, 2007 9:30 am

Today is Wednesday.....Hump Day!! :pirat:
Back to top Go down
Trinita
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Trinita

Female
Number of posts : 431
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedThu Dec 20, 2007 12:21 pm

tigersaint wrote:
Inge's BEST choice would be to stay in Detroit and Super-sub. He would play more in Detroit under THOSE circumstances than he would anywhere else as a starter.....until he is exposed and benched anyways.

and he'd get a World Series ring!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedThu Dec 20, 2007 1:03 pm

Trinita wrote:
tigersaint wrote:

and he'd get a World Series ring!!!!!!!

I'm liking the way you are thinking!! go team clap clap go team
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedThu Dec 20, 2007 1:53 pm

why won't he listen to us!?!?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Quotes about Miguel Cabrera   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedSat Dec 29, 2007 2:56 am

Quotes about Miguel Cabrera

“He can field. He can hit. He has a lot of power. He can hit the opposite way. He has everything you can ask of a major-league player.”
—White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen

"When that kid is locked in, I don’t think there are any holes in that swing.”
—Marlins pitching coach Wayne Rosenthal

“When he connects, it’s almost like a shotgun going off, it’s so loud.”
—Marlins batting coach Bill Robinson

“Miguel is baseball’s version of Lebron James.”
—Robinson

“The kid can play. The kid has talent. He’s going to do nothing but grow. He’s a very blessed kid.”
—Teammate Dontrelle Willis

“He’s phenomenal. He changes a team’s perspective and how they feel about themselves. He gets everybody believing, ‘We can do it.’”
—Willis

“He’s got all the tools and he’s not intimidated by anything.”
—Marlins coach Andre Dawson

“With Miguel, it’s just a matter of how much he’s really willing to push himself to get to the next level and be a great player.”
—Dawson

“You’re going to make good pitches, and he’s going to hit them.”
—Cardinals pitcher Danny Haren

“When you’re young and you put all the money aside, it gets down to just playing baseball. He plays for blood.”
—Teammate A.J. Burnett

“He gets big hits with guys on base. He’s going to be real good.”
—Phillies manager Larry Bowa

“The thing you like about Cabrera is when he strikes out, he comes back and just puts his helmet away. He says, ‘Hey, I’ll get them next time.’”
—Marlins manager Jack McKeon

“I just sat there stunned, seeing that not even the World Series fazed him.”
—McKeon

“He’s a superstar in the making. He already is a phenomenal player, but he’s going to be good for a long, long time.”
—Teammate Jeff Conine

“He’s going to be unbelievable. He’s got so much poise and maturity—I tip my hat to him.”
—Teammate Mike Lowell

“He was raised to play baseball.”
—Former All-Star Dave Concepcion

“Miguel’s constantly absorbing information—watching tapes, asking questions, paying close attention in the dugout.”
—Teammate Juan Pierre

“We haven’t found a weakness in him yet. There are ways of getting him out, but if you do it too often, he’ll burn you.”
—Hall of Famer Frank Robinson

“You can shake a tree and a lot of gloves will fall off, but few bats will. His bat is dangerous.”
—Cardinals ace Matt Morris
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_minipostedSat Dec 29, 2007 4:46 am

Let's see...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera?   Mailbag: Where to play Cabrera? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1