DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP Empty
PostSubject: Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP   Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP Icon_minipostedTue Nov 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Beat reporter Jason Beck answers Tigers fans' questions
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

I just don't get it. Jimmy Rollins had a great season for the Phillies, all-around great numbers and won the MVP. But, Curtis Granderson posted very similar numbers, and the same type of glove, but got very little credit with the MVP race. Is this because of Magglio Ordonez getting the attention for the Tigers, or is it a case of Detroit being a goat?
-- Darrell M., Warren, Mich.

Spoiler:

Granderson had a great 2007 season. One of his amazing stats is that he was successful in 26 of 27 steal attempts. Has anyone ever had a better steal percentage with at least 20 or 25 steals?
-- Bob O., Macedon, N.Y.

Spoiler:

With the Rule 5 Draft right around the corner, could the delay in signing Kenny Rogers be for the purpose of not having to make room for him on the 40-man roster? They both may gain from not risking losing another prospect.
-- Greg S., Marysville, Mich.

Spoiler:

How likely is it that we will see Johan Santana playing in the AL Central in the spring? Initially, I was excited by the prospect of seeing him go, but after evaluating what the Twins would likely receive, I'm not so sure.
-- Bob H., Muskegon, Mich.

Spoiler:

With Carlos Guillen moving to first, will Ivan Rodriguez get any time there next year or is that experiment over?
-- Jason G., Bloomington, Minn.

Spoiler:

I am really having a tough time with the Tigers' commitment to Cameron Maybin. I feel like I am hearing the same propaganda that was spewn when the likes of Juan Encarnacion and Gabe Kapler were climbing up the organizational ladder. Granted, they both had some productive moments, but neither were remotely a superstar as predicted. Tell me I am wrong, buy why not trade a prospect for a sure thing?
-- Matt, Grand Haven, Mich.

Spoiler:

Whatever happened to the player to be named from St. Louis in exchange for Mike Maroth?
-- Douglas C., Martin, Tenn.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP   Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 1:46 am

Granderson Rules!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP   Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 9:46 am

What exactly ARE these Granderson rules?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP   Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 11:31 pm

HE SHALL BE MVP IN 2008! GO GRANDERSON!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP   Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP Icon_minipostedThu Nov 29, 2007 11:28 am

Sounds more like a Commandment!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP   Mailbag: Granderson and the MVP Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: