DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill? Empty
PostSubject: Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill?   Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill? Icon_minipostedTue Nov 06, 2007 2:56 pm

Reporter Jason Beck answers Tigers fans' questions
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

Now that the Tigers have signed Edgar Renteria, they have only two left-handed hitters in their lineup (including switch-hitter Carlos Guillen) and only one other lefty and two switch-hitters on their roster. How are the Tigers going to address this need? If they don't, are we going to see even more nights where the offense can't get going?
-- David V., Boston

Spoiler:

With the addition of Renteria at shortstop, how does this affect the lineup? Renteria is a legitimate two-hole hitter, but the Tigers already have Placido Polanco there.
-- Eric W., East Lansing

Spoiler:

Many Tigers fans had Jair Jurrjens penciled into the starting rotation for next year. With the recent trade to Atlanta, will Andrew Miller jump back into the rotation, or will the Tigers make another trade or go after a free agent?
-- Zach W., Findlay, Ohio

Spoiler:

I've heard talk of Ryan Raburn being a fourth outfielder. Why not give him a shot? He hit more than .300 with more than 100 at-bats.
-- Jeff B., St. Clair

Spoiler:

Why didn't Leyland give Omar Infante a scrap of playing time in meaningless games? I understand why Ramon Santiago was brought up, but that doesn't explain to me why Infante wasn't playing anywhere. He showed he was a capable utility guy both in the infield and outfield and wasn't a disgrace at the bat.
-- Tim S., Livonia

Spoiler:

If Kenny Rogers does not come back next year, would Detroit look at Curt Schilling as an option?
-- Keith P., Land O'Lakes, Fla.

Spoiler:

Will the Tigers try to hire an established starter even if Rogers comes back?
-- Carlo S., Muskegon, Mich.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill?   Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill? Icon_minipostedTue Nov 06, 2007 3:55 pm

Good question, since the trade kind of curtailed their plans for Jurrjens and Miller to compete for the fifth spot in the rotation. I'd still look for a competition there, but at this point, the door is open for Miller to take advantage if he can show improvements from the adjustments that coaches made with his delivery during instructional ball. The Tigers would like him to take that job and go with it, but they have to be ready in case he doesn't.

I hope he has made SIGNIFICANT improvements Neutral
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill?   Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill? Icon_minipostedTue Nov 06, 2007 6:06 pm

Significant is right.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill?   Mailbag: What holes will Renteria fill? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1