DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tiger fan or Granderson fan?

Go down 
3 posters

Tiger Fan or Granderson Fan?
Tiger Fan
Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Vote_lcap100%Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Granderson Fan
Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Vote_lcap0%Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I like cricket now
Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Vote_lcap0%Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Empty
PostSubject: Tiger fan or Granderson fan?   Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Icon_minipostedWed Dec 09, 2009 4:21 pm

by Terry Foster (The Detroit News) on Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Curtis Granderson is a super guy and very popular in the Detroit community.

But is that enough to keep him and turn down any deal that involves him? Today, I had a conversation with my trainer, who hated the trade. She knows nothing about the players the Tigers got. She simply knows that Granderson is a great guy and he is gone.

"You should take into consideration about a guy's character," she said. "Teams should not trade great guys like Curtis Granderson or Steve Yzerman. They are a fabric of the community. You should never trade guys like that."

I disagree. Are the Tigers better? Will they be better? Or will they be worse?

That should be the only consideration when you trade a player, whether he is a superstar or a reserve. Seinfeld said it best: We root for the shirts.

Granderson will always remain a part of Detroit. But he is soon to be a member of the New York Yankees. He is theirs now.

Here is what I am hearing from a lot of people. They won't go to Tiger games. They won't buy season tickets. They are done with the Tigers because they traded Granderson.

Really?

I used to hear that from Lions fans when Barry Sanders retired. They said they were finished with the Lions. They returned and it took 0-16 and Rod Marinelli to drive them away.

Are you really a Tigers fan? Or are you a Granderson fan?

What if the Tigers turn out to be a better team? You mean to tell me that if they are in first place in July you are boycotting the team? I do not believe that.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Tiger fan or Granderson fan?   Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Icon_minipostedWed Dec 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Nothing will get in the way of my being a fan of the Tigers.

I like Granderson, but not the Yankees.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Tiger fan or Granderson fan?   Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Icon_minipostedFri Jan 01, 2010 6:28 pm

I will really miss Curtis, but I will always stay a Tigers fan.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger fan or Granderson fan?   Tiger fan or Granderson fan? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1