DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread

Go down 
+3
bobrob2004
gs78
catbox_9
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread   catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat Aug 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Day 14 and then some observations:

Left Elizabethtown, KY rather late today (or more technically yesterday) about about 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time. As I was in a hurry to get home we did not stop to rest (just to eat and get gas). Drive took over 34 hours including stops and covered over 2200 miles.

Drive was boring other than a really cool thunderstorm in Amarillo, TX. I've seen thunder and lightning, but never like that. My sister and mom were freaking out thinking we'd somehow die since there was lightning everywhere. I thought it was awesome. You can't get struck by lightning in a car so we didn't stop.

I am very tired and will probably sleep soon. Of the 34 hours I drove the first 22 and about 4 of the final 12.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread   catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat Aug 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Final thought:

Trip took 14 days and covered about 6474.94 miles (average of about 462 per day).

Trip visited 17 states (California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico)

catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread - Page 4 Overal10

NOTE: I just noticed this map is slightly off as the route from Michigan to Tennessee shown is not the one I took - we traveled through Ohio and not Indiana.

Last edited by catbox_9 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread   catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 02, 2009 12:05 am

Glad you got home safely.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female
Number of posts : 27
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander, Brandon Inge, Rick Porcello, Ryan Perry, and Bobby Seay
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread   catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 02, 2009 2:38 am

catbox_9 wrote:
grandyporcfan wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
grandyporcfan wrote:

Oh..I've missed so much it seems.

His graduation is tomorrow?

(sorry if this too personal, I'm trying to keep it general)

It was indeed today.

Cool.

Well, how have you been sans the fact that you had to make some unfortunate stops along your trip?

Michigan part was cool. Rest wasn't. Southern part was tolerable but the military part really ruined the trip. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life.

Ugh, I'm sorry. You still haven't been to Louisiana, haha. I'll have to eventually buy you that lottery ticket. I didn't forget about your goal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread   catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread - Page 4 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

catbox_9's 2009 Road Trip Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4