DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 4:12 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Even more amazing, In-N-Out is famous for paying their employees a ton (you start at about $10/hr despite the fact minimum wage is $8/hr) but they still manage to keep their food cheap. $5 will get you a double cheeseburger, fries, and a drink with change to spare.

Store managers have been known to make like $75,000-$100,000 a year depending on sales.

The fast food place I worked at the manager made about $2,500 a month.

Michigan sure could use those jobs right now
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Burger King should bring back those ads that showed people all angry because they thought Burger King stopped selling whoppers

Those were funny
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:02 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
Even more amazing, In-N-Out is famous for paying their employees a ton (you start at about $10/hr despite the fact minimum wage is $8/hr) but they still manage to keep their food cheap. $5 will get you a double cheeseburger, fries, and a drink with change to spare.

Store managers have been known to make like $75,000-$100,000 a year depending on sales.

Too bad there's no In-N-Outs. They're good, too. Way better than most fast food. They do everything the old-fashioned way there.

The reason they pay their employees so much is they always do a good business. Every time I've ever been to an In-N-Out the place has always been packed...no matter what time of day it is.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Too bad there's no In-N-Outs. They're good, too. Way better than most fast food. They do everything the old-fashioned way there.

The reason they pay their employees so much is they always do a good business. Every time I've ever been to an In-N-Out the place has always been packed...no matter what time of day it is.

I want some In-N-Out

Only fast food burger joints they have in my area are Burger King; McDonalds; Wendy's; White Castle and Rally's
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:08 pm

No White Castle here although sometimes I see ads on TV. No Rally's either.

We've got Burger King, McDonalds, Carl's Jr., Wendys, Taco Bell, In-N-Out, Del Taco, Subway, Quiznos, A&W, KFC, Jack In the Box, and probably a few more that I forgot.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:10 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

We've got Burger King, McDonalds, Carl's Jr., Wendys, Taco Bell, In-N-Out, Del Taco, Subway, Quiznos, A&W, KFC, Jack In the Box, and probably a few more that I forgot.

We also have Taco Bell; Subway; Quiznos; Arby's; Long John Silvers and KFC

And have A&W

But I like their coney dogs and root beer better than their burgers
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:12 pm

We have Wienersnitzls (no clue how that's spelled and I've never eaten there).

No Arbys here Frown
Nearest Arbys is like 60 miles. My aunt's boyfriend wanted to open one up but the franchise fee is $300,000....so much for that.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:14 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
We have Wienersnitzls (no clue how that's spelled and I've never eaten there).

No Arbys here Frown
Nearest Arbys is like 60 miles. My aunt's boyfriend wanted to open one up but the franchise fee is $300,000....so much for that.

If the Tigers hit 3 home runs in a game

You can take the box score to Arby's and get a free sandwich
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm

I saw that commercial. That's a good deal. Arby's kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm

For Red Wings Games

If a Red Wing gets a hat trick during a game

Fans also can get a free sandwich by bringing a score of the game
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:16 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

There are still A&Ws around? Michigan must be the worst place for fast food. No In-N-Outs, A&W, Sonic...

Why is Rally's called Checkers?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:17 pm

gs78 wrote:
For Red Wings Games

If a Red Wing gets a hat trick during a game

Fans also can get a free sandwich by bringing a score of the game

Hat trick is harder to get than 3 home runs I think. That's less good of a deal.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:19 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

There are still A&Ws around? Michigan must be the worst place for fast food. No In-N-Outs, A&W, Sonic...

Yep - two of them within 15 miles of me (one is combined with KFC so it doesn't have a full menu).

We don't have Sonic around here although they do have them in this state. No local Del Tacos or Chik-Fil-A either (again, they have them in this state just not locally).

You guys don't even have Hardees, do you?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:20 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

They have two A&Ws in Trashy Park

One on Southfield

The other inside a Marathon Gas Station on Dix and Moran

Also is one in Southgate on Eureka Road

And in Taylor on Ecorse Road

They used to have the A&W bear wave at cars as they drove by

But they don't do that anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:21 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Yep - two of them within 15 miles of me (one is combined with KFC so it doesn't have a full menu).

We don't have Sonic around here although they do have them in this state. No local Del Tacos or Chik-Fil-A either (again, they have them in this state just not locally).

Let me look...

Actually there is one pretty close to where I live, in Hazel park. That's only 2 miles away.

Shows you how much I go there.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:21 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Used to have Hardees until about 1997

I liked their biscuits and gravy and their burgers
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:22 pm

No drive-in restaurants here (the kind where you park, they come up to your car, and bring you food, etc.).

We used to have the 21st Street Drive-In but they're closed. They say they're going to reopen soon but I doubt it. They're food was edible and cheap. I only ate there a few times but it was kind of neat. Hopefully they do reopen.

Luckily we have lots of good Mexican restaurants still Whew
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:24 pm

gs78 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

They have two A&Ws in Trashy Park

One on Southfield

The other inside a Marathon Gas Station on Dix and Moran

Also is one in Southgate on Eureka Road

And in Taylor on Ecorse Road

They used to have the A&W bear wave at cars as they drove by

But they don't do that anymore Sad

Wow, there's one in Warren too. Where have I been? I need to pay attention more often on what's around me.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:24 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
No drive-in restaurants here (the kind where you park, they come up to your car, and bring you food, etc.).

We used to have the 21st Street Drive-In but they're closed. They say they're going to reopen soon but I doubt it. They're food was edible and cheap. I only ate there a few times but it was kind of neat. Hopefully they do reopen.

The A&Ws in Taylor; Southgate; and on Southfield Road are Drive Ins
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:25 pm

That's the good thing about living in a town of 30,000 - you notice new things.

Actually I just noticed they're putting a Bed Bath and Beyond way on the outskirts of town. That'll never work. It's nowhere near anything. The one 30 miles away just went out of business and it had a good location.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Before I get on the subject of Drive In Movies

All this talk about food is making me hungry

Gonna get some before Hockey Game

GO WINGS!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:26 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

The A&Ws in Taylor; Southgate; and on Southfield Road are Drive Ins

Do they roller skate? Our old Drive-In didn't.

Oh yeah, we have Foster Freeze. That's a fast food place. It's like Dairy Queen.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Not many Mexican places

Last edited by gs78 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

gs78 wrote:

GO WINGS!
applaud clap high 5
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 18, 2009 5:29 pm

gs78 wrote:
Not many Mexican places

In Grand Blanc or Fenton there's a Mexican place that my family ranted and raved about (it even had real Mexicans working there Rolling Eyes ).

I went there and had a burrito (it was like $10 scratch ). Let's just say it sucked.

Across the street from the post office here we have 4 Hermanos. It's a regular sit-down place (they wait on you and everything). Burritos are $4.50. Add a side of guacamole (which is made from real avocados...they cook it to order and there's all kinds of good stuff mixed in with it) and you're good to go.

Lunch for 2 is under $20 including tip. Way better than what I had in Michigan.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
Not many Mexican places

In Grand Blanc or Fenton there's a Mexican place that my family ranted and raved about (it even had real Mexicans working there Rolling Eyes ).

I went there and had a burrito (it was like $10 scratch ). Let's just say it sucked.

Across the street from the post office here we have 4 Hermanos. It's a regular sit-down place (they wait on you and everything). Burritos are $4.50. Add a side of guacamole (which is made from real avocados...they cook it to order and there's all kinds of good stuff mixed in with it) and you're good to go.

Lunch for 2 is under $20 including tip. Way better than what I had in Michigan.

Nod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans   Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Burger King pulls ad that offended Mexicans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2