DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Rants go here

Go down 
+7
mrsrabelo
gs78
gdennis59
TG
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Rants go here - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 07, 2009 12:46 am

catbox_9 wrote:
..and...?

YES!!!! YAY! I'm soooo excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 07, 2009 12:50 am

Might as well get married (see wedding thread for tips)
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 07, 2009 11:24 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Might as well get married (see wedding thread for tips)

:haha: I'll tell him you said that lol
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 07, 2009 11:32 am

haha... Big Smile
Thats cool, Good luck!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 pm

TG wrote:
haha... Big Smile
Thats cool, Good luck!

Thank you. Now all I have to do is wait... (the worst part!)
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 07, 2009 5:42 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
TG wrote:
haha... Big Smile
Thats cool, Good luck!

Thank you. Now all I have to do is wait... (the worst part!)

It's the hardest part....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXsVU6-_GFo
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 pm

I hate tech support! rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Now you know why I no longer buy HP stuff. My HP $2400 fully loaded laptop died 2 months after the warranty!

I now buy Fujitsu or ones made by the company that I had make my desktop computers. My current Fujitsu has an extended 3 year warranty. I don't trust computers to last much past the initial warranty.... although my 1st Fuji I bought before the HP (5 years ago) and I had to change the hard drive and battery. That is not bad.

The damn top of the line HP had a dual tv tuner die, dvd recorder die, battery die, then the LCD display died (so I had to plug in a new flat screen (it was $800 cheaper than HP wanted for their replacement internal screen and made this a desktop computer!), Then the 2 fans on the video controller and 1 fan on the cpu died, which slowed down the fricken machine.

It turned out to be MUCH CHEAPER to buy a better, faster Fujitsu. And by the way, the 5 year old Fuji still works, it is just very slow by today's standards!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 9:25 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:

And to think, Compaq USED TO BE A TOP OF THE LINE BUSINESS computer, until HP bought them out! Now they sound bad.

Bobrob, you may want to check online for companies that sell new batteries for your laptop (at a much lower cost than HP, and buy one) If it fixes the problem, then you are good to go. If not, you may have to send it into the HP service center for repair. Hug And you will have a spare battery for when yours dies.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Well I hate Valentine's Day if that counts for anything. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 10:08 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

And to think, Compaq USED TO BE A TOP OF THE LINE BUSINESS computer, until HP bought them out! Now they sound bad.

Bobrob, you may want to check online for companies that sell new batteries for your laptop (at a much lower cost than HP, and buy one) If it fixes the problem, then you are good to go. If not, you may have to send it into the HP service center for repair. Hug And you will have a spare battery for when yours dies.

The desktop we have is also a Compaq Presario and we have had no problem with it. I bought an extended warranty through Micro Center, so I should be good there. I had called that number first and since it was less than a year old they had to transfer me over to HP.

After I hit 1000 buttons and got transferred 5 times they finally diagnosed that it was the AC adapter. They are going to ship a new one out and it'll be here by Friday. I hate being on hold and talking to someone that I can't understand, though. And I didn't get why they had to keep transferring me.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 14, 2009 11:54 pm

gdennis59 wrote:

My sister says it's single awareness day :shrug:
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 1:29 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:

My sister says it's single awareness day :shrug:

It is Hallmark, lets make more money day! Everyday should be like Valentine's day for people how care for each other. Not just one day where it matters how much someone spends on someone else, to show how much they supposedly love them.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 1:34 am

Agreed. I never really believed in Valentine's Day. There's way too many stupid holidays out there. If the government wants to save money, eliminate most of them. Make people work those days instead of paying them not to work. More output for the same price is always good for the bottom line. But no, they'll do other stupid things instead....like California's furloughs.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 1:44 am

I hate valentines day. it's so dumb. At the rowing thing I just got home from a few minutes ago (yah it went late) everyone was like omg happy valentines day!!! It's like wow, this day isn't that important you guys....
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Its ok I hate it too.
There's just this girl...
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Buy a fancy engagement ring and propose. If the ring is nice enough she'll say yes.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 2:16 pm

There's a guy that I like, and I don't want him to know because I don't feel like getting hurt again. How do I solve that problem, Cat? You seem to have all the answers...
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 2:39 pm

LOL. The proposal method won't work for a few reasons....
Guys aren't as interested in marriage as girls
Guys don't get engagement rings
Wedding rings for guys all look the same

So.....
(computing bad advice)
(computing bad, G-rated advice)
Hmm.....the not wanting to get hurt again makes it trickier. You could avoid that by burning his house down - that way you can't get hurt because he'll hate you from the start. He certainly won't think you like him if you do that.

Avoid him at all costs and he'll never know :shrug:
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't like your advice. Especially since I see him at rowing every day and at school. AND I don't want him to hate me..... Plus it won't be convincing that I don't like him since I am always smiling when I talk to him.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Im gonna need better advice than that Cat.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 7:11 pm

TG wrote:
I don't like your advice. Especially since I see him at rowing every day and at school. AND I don't want him to hate me..... Plus it won't be convincing that I don't like him since I am always smiling when I talk to him.

Do you guys have any mutual friends? If so, arrange some sort of teen hangout with said friends. That could be difficult to arrange so do so very carefully.

If not, become friends with one of his friends or something.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Do you guys have any mutual friends? If so, arrange some sort of teen hangout with said friends. That could be difficult to arrange so do so very carefully.

Well since pretty much everyone in crew is friends, Or at least knows, everyone... yes.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Im gonna need better advice than that Cat.

Hmm....

3 scenarios

1. If she thinks you're some creepy weirdo because you are obsessed with her after she's said to stay away numerous times, you screwed up so badly I can't help you.
2. She knows who you are AND you guys are at least somewhat friendly: Become more friendly. Don't come on too strong but go out of your way to say hi, etc.
3. She knows who you are, BUT doesn't really know you OR she has no clue who you are: Find what she likes to do (school clubs, etc.) and spend time doing those things. The best way is of course to join some sort of club she's in. Do so within reason - if she's in the future housewives club, sewing club, or Jeffery Dahmer fan club do not join. If she's in something like the earth club, go ahead and join.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 pm

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Well since pretty much everyone in crew is friends, Or at least knows, everyone... yes.

Why not invite everyone out for a round of drinks or something after rowing. Wait, you aren't old enough Smack Why not go out for ice cream with a bunch of rowers including said guy? Try and set it up so that if he slips and spills ice cream all over someone it'll be you (do not cause him to slip and spill ice cream all over someone; however).
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Yah that would be great EXCEPT that I have to make Censored light weight and can't eat anything bad....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 7:30 pm

TG wrote:
Yah that would be great EXCEPT that I have to make Censored light weight and can't eat anything bad....

Find a place that has frozen yogurt instead of ice cream...

1) Frozen yogurt tastes better than ice cream
2) Many varieties of frozen yogurt are fat-free
2a) Fat-free frozen yogurt tastes as good as regular frozen yogurt
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 15, 2009 7:34 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Find a place that has frozen yogurt instead of ice cream...

1) Frozen yogurt tastes better than ice cream
2) Many varieties of frozen yogurt are fat-free
2a) Fat-free frozen yogurt tastes as good as regular frozen yogurt
Rolling Eyes

OR I could just talk to him during conditioning like I have been?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 12:17 am

Once you're outside of the usual setting he might open up more. I'm not sure how you practice during rowing but if it would be possible to practice in the same boat as him try and make that happen. I doubt that's possible as I doubt guys and girls practice in the same boat and if they do he may or may not be in the proper weight class since you probably practice with your weight class.

You do running and stuff though, right? Maybe run at the same speed as him...this only works if you normally run faster than him. If he's a way better runner than you this won't work.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 16, 2009 12:29 am

We might be in the same boat, possibly, when we practice at the boat club wednessday. That would be in the tank room. But I'm really not sure.

And yes we run, But he runs track, is a football player, and is now rowing. I'm horrible at running because I have asthma. Some people run by me because I always have my iPod on all the way up, so anyone running near by can listen to my music (yah it's that loud). But he runs super fast so he doesn't do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here - Page 10 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Rants go here
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next