DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Rants go here

Go down 
+7
mrsrabelo
gs78
gdennis59
TG
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 6:52 pm

TG wrote:
I just read everything that was going on, because I was gone all weekend.

I hope your sister is alright cat!!!!

Thanks

She'll live. Her bosses at work are starting to make her mad though. She keeps saying it's going to be a while, the doctor said 2ish weeks, and her boss is like "you can be off as long as you want, but we'll tentatively schedule you for Tuesday night, let us know on Tuesday morning if you feel up to it".
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 7:02 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Thanks

She'll live. Her bosses at work are starting to make her mad though. She keeps saying it's going to be a while, the doctor said 2ish weeks, and her boss is like "you can be off as long as you want, but we'll tentatively schedule you for Tuesday night, let us know on Tuesday morning if you feel up to it".

The Censored with her bosses. Her health comes first! And if they try to fire her, she has a good case against them.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 7:26 pm

more than a good case!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 8:21 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Thanks

Does she have a good job that she would NOT want to lose?
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Pssshhhht. I would be like, ummm I said two weeks, does tuesday sound like two Censored weeks to you?!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Thanks

The Censored with her bosses. Her health comes first! And if they try to fire her, she has a good case against them.

They aren't going to fire her, they said she could have as much time off as needed, but they think she'll be back any day now so they only want to cover one shift at a time confused
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Nov 17, 2008 9:09 pm

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

Thanks

Does she have a good job that she would NOT want to lose?

She's a waitress at a fairly popular Mexican restaurant. She makes minimum wage plus 80% of whatever the customers tip her (the other 20% goes to the busser/bartender). For an average shift she'll come home with like $30-60 in tips. On busy nights she can come home with more....she's brought home over $100 before.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm

RANT:

I HATE MY BROTHER!!! My friend came over and we were watching a movie and he kept coming in my room and I got pissed at him and told him to get out. And then later he was like saying how I'm a bitch and a liar and he can't say anything to me cause I'm a bitch and make stuff up and repeat what he says. And I was sitting there crying because he was screaming at me for like ever and I tried to say I'm sorry even though I didn't even do anything and he was like well you aren't sincerely sorry so whatever your a bitch and I was still crying. And then my mom was yelling at me. And now my friend (who is his ex-girlfriend) is upstairs and I'm left to sit here because she is too busy talking to him.

I HATE MY BROTHER! Whatever. If I'm a bitch than I don't even care cause I'm A LOT nicer than MOST people. I'm one of the nicest people at school and I TRY not to be mean but no, I'm a bitch and a liar.

Ugh, I just want to leave. And I don't want to go to school tomorrow because I have to see Brandon and be ignored by him, LIKE ALWAYS. And then sit through more exam preparation and a science test.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue Nov 18, 2008 9:07 pm

TG wrote:
RANT:

I HATE MY BROTHER!!! My friend came over and we were watching a movie and he kept coming in my room and I got pissed at him and told him to get out. And then later he was like saying how I'm a bitch and a liar and he can't say anything to me cause I'm a bitch and make stuff up and repeat what he says. And I was sitting there crying because he was screaming at me for like ever and I tried to say I'm sorry even though I didn't even do anything and he was like well you aren't sincerely sorry so whatever your a bitch and I was still crying. And then my mom was yelling at me. And now my friend (who is his ex-girlfriend) is upstairs and I'm left to sit here because she is too busy talking to him.

I HATE MY BROTHER! Whatever. If I'm a bitch than I don't even care cause I'm A LOT nicer than MOST people. I'm one of the nicest people at school and I TRY not to be mean but no, I'm a bitch and a liar.

Ugh, I just want to leave. And I don't want to go to school tomorrow because I have to see Brandon and be ignored by him, LIKE ALWAYS. And then sit through more exam preparation and a science test.

Hug
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedWed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 am

Group Hug
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedWed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 am

Thanks.... There is one good part about today - LATE START. (I start an hour late at school)
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedWed Nov 19, 2008 8:25 am

Im already here. Lucky you, Bryons not even here today.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedWed Nov 19, 2008 8:27 am

I need to get ready sometime soon..... oh well.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Why do I always get funny looks from bartenders when I order a Manhattan?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 8:36 pm

:haha:

I'm sorry....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 10:15 pm

And the people I'm with always say it's a girly drink. No it isn't - it's all alcohol. There aren't any non-alcoholic mixers in there.

Is it because it's in a martini glass? Is it because it has a cherry? I don't eat the cherry.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 pm

I think the cherry MIGHT have something to do with it....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 10:49 pm

TG wrote:

But lots of drinks have garnishes. A martini has an olive. You can't taste the cherry - it's just for decoration.

I get a funny look ordering an old fashioned as well Suspect
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 10:51 pm

haha. I'm sorry I'm not meaning to laugh at you, but usually you just don't see guys ordering a Manhattan. I think that is your friends, and the bartender's, points.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedSun Nov 30, 2008 11:58 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

But lots of drinks have garnishes. A martini has an olive. You can't taste the cherry - it's just for decoration.

You are just a man out of his time... that is not bad. I think the same side of you that loves old movies, is also drawing you to the old time drinks that were famous in those movies. The heck with what others think, if you like them, then order them.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Dec 01, 2008 1:50 am

TG wrote:
haha. I'm sorry I'm not meaning to laugh at you, but usually you just don't see guys ordering a Manhattan. I think that is your friends, and the bartender's, points.

The Italian mobsters (all male) on The Simpsons apparently drink Manhattans. It's just a really old-fashioned cocktail is all. Speaking of which....

I get equally strange looks when I order an old fashioned.

Alcohol connoisseurs would order something like a Manhattan or martini. You aren't going to hear someone ask for a screwdriver made from Gray Goose or a Bloody Mary with Ketel One very often.

The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks calls a Manhattan "a drinking man's cocktail—strong, urbane, and simple... the 'king of cocktails.'"

Last edited by catbox_9 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Dec 01, 2008 1:52 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

You are just a man out of his time... that is not bad. I think the same side of you that loves old movies, is also drawing you to the old time drinks that were famous in those movies. The heck with what others think, if you like them, then order them.

That's the problem with stuff these days, it has to be all fancy. If I'm going to order a cocktail I want a cocktail - I don't want fruit and umbreallas and juice and cream and what not in my drink - just toss a couple types of alcohol in there and there you go.

It's like coffee. I went to Starbucks today to work on a school project with my lab partner and I ordered a black coffee. The guy gave me a funny look. He tried to give me all this cream and cinnamon and sugar and nutmeg and stuff. He then tried to give me the special holiday blend since it's mellower and what not. I wanted a dark roast black coffee because if I'm going to drink coffee I want coffee. If I want sugar and cinnamon and whipped cream I'd eat cake and ice cream.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Dec 01, 2008 2:25 am

I stick with Beer
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Dec 01, 2008 5:16 pm

My Rant:

WHY does my school have to be different from EVERY other school. Trimesters? Great so now I just switched classes again, and don't know ANYONE. And now I have to relearn my schedule, and I got LOST today. I had to ask someone (who luckily was in rowing so she knew who I was) how to get there because the one minute bell rang and I needed to know how to get there.

AND one of my classes is stupid! I need to get switched out of it. "study skills". You get graded in that class on what you do in your other classes and if you fill out your assignment books. Getting your assignment book checked? COME ON we aren't in 1st grade! And my brother is in that class, so like that isn't difficult.

Gr....!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Dec 01, 2008 6:24 pm

They don't teach you methods to study more efficiently in " Study Skills?"
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 pm

No. And I don't need to. I didn't go to a public school before, so I don't need a class to sit there and learn nothing. My math class I need to test out of, because I learned all the stuff in the entire book in 8th grade. And my science class I'll deal with, even though I already took to class. I wish they would have had me take study skills next trimester when I have rowing so I'll be waking up at 3:30 in the morning and going to be at practice until 7:30 at night.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedMon Dec 01, 2008 9:26 pm

gs78 wrote:
I stick with Beer

I can't stand beer :puke2:

Actually, I drank a whole beer for the first time in my life a few days ago...it was a Guinness. It was okay at first but the second half was hard to drink.

I'll stick with mixed drinks since they taste better and look classier. I still don't get why people keep telling me my old fashioneds and Manhattans are for girls. Maybe I should switch to martinis?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue Dec 02, 2008 3:25 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
I stick with Beer

I can't stand beer :puke2:

Actually, I drank a whole beer for the first time in my life a few days ago...it was a Guinness. It was okay at first but the second half was hard to drink.

I'll stick with mixed drinks since they taste better and look classier. I still don't get why people keep telling me my old fashioneds and Manhattans are for girls. Maybe I should switch to martinis?

Or a Rob Roy

I was watching Family Guy a couple weeks ago on FOX; Tales of a third grade nothing episode;

Frank Sinatra and Brian bought the Quahog nightclub and he mentioned drinking a Rob Roy with Peter Lawford lol!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 am

That was a very funny episode of Family Guy
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_minipostedTue Dec 02, 2008 5:23 am

A Rob Roy is the same thing as a Manhattan but with scotch instead of rye whiskey. I wonder if that would be appropriate? If it is then bartenders are really insane because the difference between scotch and rye isn't much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rants go here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants go here   Rants go here Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Rants go here
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next