DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 13, 2008 7:55 pm

I love global warming...
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 13, 2008 10:18 pm

66 degrees right now.

Global cooling.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 13, 2008 10:41 pm

I love it that, every time Gore hosts a "Global warming" conference, it has been too cold or snowy to make it sound legit!

Weather experts have gone back and found the earth goes through these cycles. A lot is controlled by solar flares (or the lack thereof). If you check your history, there were dust bowl years (drought), flood years, extra cold years, and extra hot years. Now that the solar flares have calmed down, they predict a colder, snowier winter, than normal.

I ask, if man has caused the global warming, how did we do it on Mars! Mars is warmer now because of the solar flairs!

Air is cleaner now than it used to be during the 20's-50's when people used coal furnaces! I remember my grandfather having a coal furnace until the late 1960's! I am living in his old 100 year old house and remember helping him stoke the coal furnace. In winter we did not have white snow long. It turned ash or black colored quickly from the coal smoke coming from most buildings! We also had tons of steel mills and glass factories that billowed black coal smoke!

I'm glad that has been cleaned up, but there are some people around here that supplement their heat, in winter, by burning coal, and the smell brings back many childhood memories!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 1:56 am

TG wrote:
I love global warming...

I don't

Thumb Down

I turned on my AC; I should have turned it on earlier

I gotta get some sleep
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 1:57 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
66 degrees right now.

Global cooling.

It is 66 right now in Trashy Park

It is 12:57 in the morning

My house is stuffy city

This is bullshit
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 1:58 am

Can't believe i am running my AC in the Middle of October

But I can't wait until 5 am for this fucking house to cool off with the windows open

I got work at 9am
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 2:20 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
I love it that, every time Gore hosts a "Global warming" conference, it has been too cold or snowy to make it sound legit!

Weather experts have gone back and found the earth goes through these cycles. A lot is controlled by solar flares (or the lack thereof). If you check your history, there were dust bowl years (drought), flood years, extra cold years, and extra hot years. Now that the solar flares have calmed down, they predict a colder, snowier winter, than normal.

I ask, if man has caused the global warming, how did we do it on Mars! Mars is warmer now because of the solar flairs!

Air is cleaner now than it used to be during the 20's-50's when people used coal furnaces! I remember my grandfather having a coal furnace until the late 1960's! I am living in his old 100 year old house and remember helping him stoke the coal furnace. In winter we did not have white snow long. It turned ash or black colored quickly from the coal smoke coming from most buildings! We also had tons of steel mills and glass factories that billowed black coal smoke!

I'm glad that has been cleaned up, but there are some people around here that supplement their heat, in winter, by burning coal, and the smell brings back many childhood memories!

Something is going on with the weather

The last few years it has hardly snowed Downriver;

Last Year the Bulk of the Snow either hit North of Detroit or South and East of Toledo.

I recorded 50 inches while the Airport had 75 and White Lake NWS Office had nearly 100 inches

Spring and Fall temps seem to be warmer; especially when the Tigers are playing baseball at Comerica. To be fair; the Tigers hardly play any night games in April anymore because their Latino players hate the cold]

I can't remember the last time I wore a Jacket to a regular season game in Late September or Early October [ Yes It was chilly in the 2006 postseason] it has been mild for regular season games [ especially in 2007] as well as games in April and May [ This year being an exception due to the late March start to the season]

I can remember going to Tiger Stadium in the 80s and 90s and freezing my ass off for games in April and Late September.

Except for the 2000 home opener and the 2006 ALCS and WS; I can't say that about Comerica Park

To be fair; I have only had full season tickets since 2005; Prior to that I had a 21 game package [ it used to be 21; now it is 27 games]
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 2:43 am

I only wish I were my computer and technology handy

I got plenty of old highlight tapes from Baseball Tonight and some games I taped on PASS from Tiger Stadium that prove it
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 2:52 am

Meanwhile

It is 67 degrees as of 1:30 am

I gonna set my AC

I was gonna leave it on till I went to bed

But I gonna set it at 72

It was 76 degrees before I turned it on

I need sleep

Don't want to wake up at 4 or 5 am being warm
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 2:55 am

cold front is on its way.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 14, 2008 2:57 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
cold front is on its way.

Slow Moving Cold Front! Suspect

I ain't turning my heat on

No matter how cold it gets
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 17, 2008 1:38 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 20, 2008 1:49 am

Red Sox Fans will have to wait until Next April for chilly weather

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 23, 2008 2:02 am

Another Day Closer

Hopefully
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 2:53 am

Here is a Question for this week

What do 42 degrees [ Game Time Temp for Game 5 of the WS] all the umpires wearing jackets, players, coaches and managers wearing ear flaps, and pitchers wearing jackets on the bases all have in common?

Answer on Friday
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 2:54 am

Hint

In 2009
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Since no one answered the question

Either because they don't know

or lack of interest

I will give the answer

None of the above will happen at Comerica Park in 2009
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 02, 2008 9:31 pm

Temps in the 60s first week of November

Probably be 90 by April at this rate
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 03, 2008 7:03 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jan 21, 2009 7:36 pm

15 degrees for Tigerfest

That is too chilly
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 02, 2009 6:33 pm

This may continue

Looks like it will be in the 30s while the Tigers are in Toronto

Rain for Opening Day and 49; Game probably be washed out

Temps above 60 for all the remaining day games at home

I am pissed

There goes my plans to wear my Tigers Dugout Jacket to a home game
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Might have to wear a raincoat April 10th though
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 04, 2009 3:24 pm

I am itching to end this countdown

Bad enough it won't snow here for the next 8 years

I don't want to sit through 70 degree weather all April long either
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 13, 2009 8:06 pm

I think we can close this baby

37 degrees at Game Time today

YEAH!

Too bad the Tigers lost though

I enjoyed every chilly moment this afternoon at Comerica
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 pm

I'd rather sit through a game at 90 degrees than 30 degrees. I hate cold weather.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 13, 2009 8:25 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
I'd rather sit through a game at 90 degrees than 30 degrees. I hate cold weather.

Not at Comerica Park

90 degrees and sunny = heatstroke at Comerica Park
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 14, 2009 12:09 pm

It needs to stay warm. I hate playing in cold weather.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Guess what I am starting a new countdown

After Tigers fucked me over by postponing the game on the last chilly day this season at home

Time to start a new countdown

62 degrees and sunny= Too warm to wear my Tigers Jacket at Comerica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2