DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Empty
PostSubject: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedSat Sep 27, 2008 2:35 am

So I can wear my Tigers Dugout Jacket or Tigers Hoodie or Fleece pullover

None of this Short Sleeve Jacket Crap either; Or bundling up like some dunderheads do in 70+ weather at Comerica

It has to be chilly like SF

Temps in the 50's for a night game or No higher than 60 with lots of clouds and wind for a day game. Or 55 and lower with sun; Anything over 60 with sun for a day game is too hot!

In the meantime; I refuse to wear any of my Tigers Jackets or Fleece or Sweatshirts until we have a Tigers Home game or Home games like that.

Hopefully; Someone will sticky this for me

If not; I will just keep bumping this thing for as long as it takes.

It may last so long that I have to buy new jackets and sweatshirts and fleece pullovers [ I like staying current]

Fine!

So be it!

And if anyone wants my old stuff Size XXL [ like new; hardly worn this year] I will be happy to send it; Shipping not included, though

Hey Bud Selig: For all you do; this fingers for you

And Ilitch, too

keep playing them day games in April.

This countdown will last forever if it has to
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedSat Sep 27, 2008 1:16 pm

As part of Fan Appreciation Weekend;

The Tigers gave away a Tigers Dugout Jacket; Pullover Jacket, Sweatshirt and Fleece pullover.

I hope I win something but I don't another jacket that I can never wear at Comerica
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedSat Sep 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Lots of other prices

BP Gas card 100 bucks

I could use that

Those like gold
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedSun Sep 28, 2008 4:13 am

72 degrees at Game Time

BRRRRRR!

NOT!

It went down one degree the entire game!

Can't believe so many people were wearing jackets, Even the Base Umpires had jackets on!

I was warm enough in my Tigers Jersey

Near 80 on Sunday;

White T Shirt Time
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedSun Sep 28, 2008 9:02 pm

gs78 wrote:
72 degrees at Game Time

BRRRRRR!

NOT!

Can't believe so many people were wearing jackets, Even the Base Umpires had jackets on!

Near 80 on Sunday;

White T Shirt Time
I was hunting, and I didn't need a coat last night! That is just wrong! you are supposed to be wearing winter coats and FREEZING when you hunt!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 1:48 am

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
72 degrees at Game Time

BRRRRRR!

NOT!

Near 80 on Sunday;

White T Shirt Time
I was hunting, and I didn't need a coat last night! That is just wrong! you are supposed to be wearing winter coats and FREEZING when you hunt!

Nod

But at least you can hunt this fall and wear a coat this fall; In fact, High Temps may not crack 60 later this week;

I can forget about wearing my Tigers Jackets, Sweatshirts and Fleece at Comerica until next year Mad At Least!

And the chances of that happening with only 9 home games [ 6 day games] in April are slim at best. And a later start in April [ Thanks to the World Baseball Classic]

The Tigers end the season [ the end of September and First week of October] at home in 09;

But there is no guarantee it will be cool then, either

Nor has it been cool the last few seasons [ not counting postseason in 06] at Comerica in late Sept/early October

Last year it was warm; in 2006; When KC beat the Tigers the last Sunday it was 80; and it was warm when the White Sox clinched in 2005 at Comerica;

Getting sick of this shit!

Also! Remember how warm it was last October; especially during the first round of the playoffs; The Bugs in Cleveland!

No Guarantee the Tigers will even make the playoffs and WS in 09, either

It is possible I could be waiting until at least 2010! Mad

In addition; For some reason; The Tigers were posting temps 10 degrees higher than the actual air temp today on the scoreboard

They claimed it was 84 degrees at Game Time [ it hit 87] on the board today; When temps were in the mid to upper 70's Sunday Afternoon across the Metro Area.

Why does Ilitch have to jack up the temps? Does that idiot think he can sell more pop, beer, water and ice cream if he makes people believe it is warmer than it really is;

I take weather very seriously; I don't like bogus temps being posted as the official game time temp; especially hotter ones posted

This isn't the first time the scoreboard has been wrong either this season!

So I guess even if it were 50 degrees on Opening Day in 09

Ilitch will say it is 60
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Only 68 degrees and Cloudy

Why couldn't it be Cloudy yesterday! or 68?

Game Time Temps from the last homestand

Monday ; Tuesday; Wednesday; Thursday

71; 72; 76 ; 83 [ was really like 78 degrees in Downtown Detroit]

Friday; Saturday; Sunday

77; 72; 84 [ 74]

Ilitch jacked up the temps for the two day games so Fans would feel warmer and buy more beer, water, pop and ice cream

Greedy; Greek Asshole

Always sunny and hot at Comerica Park for Tigers Home Games.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 3:30 pm

I would love to rip that rug off his head and ram it down his throat

Selig, too

Because of those two clowns

And that Mother Nature

It will never be cool at Comerica for Tigers game ever again
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 3:59 pm

Nine home games in April

six of them day games

It won't be chilly at all
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 4:01 pm

It will never be cold again at Comerica for a Tigers game

EVER!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 am

Too bad the Tigers didn't make the playoffs

Much cooler this week

Even if they had played in the daytime

Temps won't be much above 60 degrees
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 am

Should have knocked them Sox out
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Only 65 degrees now

Be a great night for a game!

Too bad there are hardly any night games next April

It won't be this cool when the Tigers close out the season next year, either!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 5:16 pm

191 days until Opening Day

Probably be at least 70 degrees and sunny

Maybe 75
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedTue Sep 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Wonder what happens if the Home Opener is rained out?

They play on a Friday with a game the next day
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedFri Oct 03, 2008 1:26 am

189 days until Opening Day Sad
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedFri Oct 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Only 58 degrees right now

Probably be 78 Opening Day
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Oct 06, 2008 1:52 am

Nice and chilly tonight at Fenway

Will it ever be like that again at Comerica Park?

Probably Not!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 am

Wow gs. Your like, spazzin out.

Dang.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Wow gs. Your like, spazzin out.

Dang.

Damn Straight

And seeing all those Red Sox and White Sox fans bundled up is only making more pissed. At least the Cubs are done!

And they play more night games Next April than the Tigers.

6 day games in a row in April; rant rant rant

And you can bet it won't be cloudy and breezy like it is now grouch

Even if it is only 60

If that sun is out; It is hot at Comerica Park

Like a Giant Wok

Miss all that Tiger Stadium shade!

That's for sure
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Oct 06, 2008 1:55 pm

58 and Cloudy right now

That would be perfect for Opening Day
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 pm

I have seriously been freezing the past few days... I'm GLAD I am not at comerica right now. I don't like being cold.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedTue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 am

TG wrote:
I have seriously been freezing the past few days... I'm GLAD I am not at comerica right now. I don't like being cold.

Cold?

Comerica?

You hardly see those two together

Nor will we see it in 2009

Unless the Tigers go to the WS

And even then; We probably get Indian Summer for the home games
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedTue Oct 07, 2008 2:15 am

TG wrote:

Of course you are freezing;

It always like that when the Tigers aren't playing ball at Comerica

If they were in the playoffs; It be 80 degrees out
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedThu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 am

Temps will be in the 70s this weekend;

Of course it will be cooler in Philly and Boston!

I guess the warm air can't reach those cities

Probably be cool in LA too

I hope the Rays get to the WS

Nice to see someplace besides Comerica Park where it is warm for baseball

Comerica Park is the Florida of the Midwest

And Ilitch loves it

That Greedy Greek can sell more pop, water and beer.

Ilitch and Ford = assholes!

They Suck!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedThu Oct 09, 2008 1:41 am

Why Can't Davidson buy the Tigers and the Lions?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedThu Oct 09, 2008 1:50 am

How many WS have the Tigers won under Ilitch

Zero!

How Many Super Bowls have the Lions won under Ford?

Zero!

The Pistons have won Three World Championships with Davidson as owner.

Bottom Line is that Ford can't win anything and Ilitch is a Hockey, not a baseball owner
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedSat Oct 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Temps near 75 today

It be a warm one at Comerica today

And of course Ilitch will claim it is 85 on the scoreboard so people will think it hotter so they buy more beverages

What a skunk!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedSun Oct 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Temps near 80 right now

Probably be like this every April Home Game
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_minipostedMon Oct 13, 2008 6:41 pm

75 degrees right now

Global Warming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game   Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers  Home Game Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Countdown until it is chilly enough at a Tigers Home Game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: