DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident

Go down 
+8
TigerLily
gs78
SoulRat
tigersaint
iluvpudge7
GoGetEmTigers
bobrob2004
catbox_9
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 1:43 am

Saint, I feel so bad to hear that! I Heart ya and will keep you in my prayers. I feel so bad... Sorry

I take it you have your computer with you at the hospital, or do they have one you are using?
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 1:47 am

My buddy brought my laptop here to the hospital so now I am at least connected to the world.
33 days in here and the food just blows!!

At least I have mlb.tv.....
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 1:49 am

Get Better Soon Tigersaint!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 1:49 am

tigersaint wrote:
My buddy brought my laptop here to the hospital so now I am at least connected to the world.
33 days in here and the food just blows!!

At least I have mlb.tv.....

Thank God for mlb.tv when ya gotta get your Tiger fix!!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 1:50 am

PM me with your phone # and I will give ya a call, and try to cheer ya up!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 1:51 am

AMEN TO THAT!!

Tell me about YOUR troubles, pm me.....
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 10:40 am

Wow, saint. Hug I'll keep you in my prayers. pray
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 am

Unlike my previous article, this one is 100% true...

Top 10 Bizarre Baseball Injuries of All-Time
By Ron P. Crimson | 7:47 AM | MLB | 13 comments »

Who knew adjusting a pillow could be so dangerous? Brandon Inge, who "couldn't even make this up," pulled his oblique Monday night after he stretched out to move his pillow. He is expected to miss two weeks.

Baseball has had its fair share of bizarre injuries, and Inge's would just be the latest. Where does it rank against baseball's all-time odd injuries?

Dishonorable Mention: Joel Zumaya
Originally, the Tigers staff believed the inflamation in Joel Zumaya's arm was caused by, I don't know, activities actually related to baseball. Then they found his problems were more consistent with another game, Guitar Hero.

Dishonorable Mention: Adam Eaton
In a way, I feel sorry for former Padres pitcher Adam Eaton. All he wanted to do was watch a movie. But no, those damn plastic wrappers stood between him and his DVD. So Eaton decided to pull out the paring knife. He accidentally stabbed himself in the stomach, leading to an ER visit. I think a smaller knife would have sufficed.

10. Mark Smith
When the air conditioning stopped working, Orioles outfielder Mark Smith decided to do some investigating. That is, if investigation means sticking just means sticking your hand in the air conditioner. Smith hurt his hand in the process.

9. Sammy Sosa
Sammy Sosa, along with Mark McGwire, placed MLB on his back, brining back the fans' interest. How could we have known his back was so weak. Sammy Sosa's back handled that heavy lifting and the first sneeze; it was the second one that brought out the back spasms. Sosa's double-barreled sneezing forced him to miss a game in favor of back treatment.

8. John Smoltz
John Smoltz is among the best pitchers of his generation. Still, he isn't above an odd (and preventable) injury. You see, Smoltz's shirt was wrinkled. Why not iron the thing? That's what Smoltz did, but he forgot to take off the shirt. He scalded himself with the iron.

7. Steve Sparks
Sparks, while playing with the Brewers, attended a motivational speaking seminar hosted. The group ripped phone books in half and blew up hot water bottles. Sparks was motivated to try it himself. He dislocated his shoulder while trying to tear a phone book in half.

6. Bret Barberie
Bret Barberie was a utility player who has two claims to fame: Jillian Barberie (his former wife) and a chili juice injury. Barberie accidentally jubbed the juice in his eyes, causing him to miss one game while playing with the Marlins.

5. Wade Boggs
Wade Boggs was a greater hitter, winning batting titles in the process. It wouldn't have hurt if, even just once, he was have practiced putting on shoes instead of hitting. Boggs once strained his back while slipping on a pair of cowboy boots. The injury kept Boggs out of the lineup for seven games.

4. Kevin Mitchell
Former slugger Kevin Mitchell has a long history with the bizarre injury. On one occasion, Mitchell was placed on the disabled list after apparently straining rib muscles while vomiting. Later, Mitchell was four days late for 1990 spring training when he was hurt eating an overcooked microwaved donut, leading to a root canal.

3. Greg Harris
Eating sunflower seeds is commonplace in a baseball dugout. Former Ranger Greg Harris learned the hard way that the seeds need to be taken seriously. He injured his wrist while flicking sunflower seeds.

2. Marty Cordova
Most baseball players tan naturally by spending many summer hours under the sun. Others choose to get their tan a different way. Not Marty Cordova. A visit to a California tanning salon provided baseball with one of its more bizarre injuries. Marty Cordova burned his face under some tanning lamps. The Orioles outfielder was ordered by doctors to stay out of direct sunlight for a couple of days. I'm sure he didn't get too much heat from his teammates for that.

1. Glenallen Hill
Nightmares can induce emotional and psychological stress. For Blue Jays outfielder Glenallen Hill, bad dreams brought on a more physical pain. Hill fell out of bed and crashed into a glass table while having a nightmare about being covered in spiders. Hill sustained several cuts in the process, leading to baseball's most bizarre injury.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 11:45 am

tigersaint wrote:
Hell, I'll just spill it here.

I was admitted to the hospital on May 26th (Memorial Day) with chest pains and it turns out I had a minor heart attack.
The bigger problem is that it was caused by a nasty infection in my foot. Being Diabetic, this is problematic and sure enough, the infection spread to the bones in my foot.
The sad result is that I ended up losing my right leg to amputation and have a long, lengthy rehab ahead of me while I re-learn how to walk on a prosthetic leg.
I have been in the hospitsl now over a month and just hoping to go home around July 4th. We'll see.
T%he one thing keeping me going is my Tigers are finally playing like we had all hoped they would.
Pray for me and keep in touch as I can always use some cheering up.

GO TIGERS.....EVEN NANDO!!

Sorry I think you need a hug Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 10:18 pm

I am currently accepting hugs in all shapes and sizes..... Big hug
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female
Number of posts : 825
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : i want pudge back

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Jun 28, 2008 10:50 pm

tigersaint wrote:

in that case...... Group Hug Big hug :back_hug: Group Hug Big hug :back_hug: you r in my thoughts and pray big time sweetie Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Jun 29, 2008 1:56 pm

tigersaint wrote:
Hell, I'll just spill it here.

I was admitted to the hospital on May 26th (Memorial Day) with chest pains and it turns out I had a minor heart attack.
The bigger problem is that it was caused by a nasty infection in my foot. Being Diabetic, this is problematic and sure enough, the infection spread to the bones in my foot.
The sad result is that I ended up losing my right leg to amputation and have a long, lengthy rehab ahead of me while I re-learn how to walk on a prosthetic leg.
I have been in the hospitsl now over a month and just hoping to go home around July 4th. We'll see.
T%he one thing keeping me going is my Tigers are finally playing like we had all hoped they would.
Pray for me and keep in touch as I can always use some cheering up.

GO TIGERS.....EVEN NANDO!!

Sad Hug I'm so sorry to hear that. pray Group Hug :back_hug:

Last edited by TigersGirl on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Jun 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Just a little news on Inge.... I opened AOL today, and of course, on the main screen there is a picture of him and next to it it says "player injured by pillow"
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Jun 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Omg Saint, I hope you are doing ok. I was missing ya here. I was hoping nothing happened, but this sure as hell isnt nothing. Sorry to hear. Get better soon! pray Big hug Group Hug
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:47 pm

prod wrote:
tigersaint wrote:

in that case...... Group Hug Big hug :back_hug: Group Hug Big hug :back_hug: you r in my thoughts and pray big time sweetie Hug Hug

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:48 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Omg Saint, I hope you are doing ok. I was missing ya here. I was hoping nothing happened, but this sure as hell isnt nothing. Sorry to hear. Get better soon! pray Big hug Group Hug

Thanks, I'm all over it!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:48 pm

You guys are the best. Thanks for all of your well wishes and pm's. I am getting better everyday!!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Saint, I am so sorry to hear about everything happening to you, you are definitely in my prayers!!! pray You have had a really Censored up year and that only means things are going to get BETTER!!! Here's more hugs Group Hug Big hug :back_hug: Hug and when you get home and are allowed.....Cheers 2 Drunk
The Tigers better keep winning for ya!!!! 🐅
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks, you are a sweetie. :mwah:

As long as the Tigers keep winning I will keep getting better!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Jul 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 5hTCuuiG

07/04/2008 5:40 PM ET
Tigers not rushing back Inge's return
Utility man takes soft-toss BP, but will likely sit through break
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

SEATTLE -- Brandon Inge is doing about every part of his pregame routine nowadays, short of live batting practice. That doesn't mean he'll be playing in games again anytime soon.

With three players having gone through oblique muscle pulls and strains this year, the Tigers have no plans to rush back Inge, and vice versa. He tried to play through it last month and ended up on the 15-day disabled list June 23.

"I'm assuming we're not getting him back until after the break," Leyland said.

Much as Inge wants to play, he isn't going to dispute that timetable. He could probably return sooner if the Tigers absolutely needed him, but there's no way he'd be anywhere near 100 percent.

"I wouldn't want that injury upon anyone," Inge said. "You breathe, you cough, you twist, you turn, you laugh, and it really feels like somebody's slicing your ribs up every time you do it. It's a jab feeling where it locks you up. I feel like I can play through just about any pain, but once it starts affecting your play -- I mean, it shuts down muscles."

The fact that Inge is doing baseball activities now is a step in itself. He wasn't able to do that until Thursday, and he was able to step in and do plenty once he was cleared. He took batting practice off of a tee and from soft-tossed pitches. He was able to do so some running, play catch and take ground balls. The next step will come when he's able to take regular batting practice with the team.

That said, he is also heeding a piece of advice he received from teammate Gary Sheffield, himself a tough player who missed just about a month with a strained oblique earlier this year: When you feel fine, take some extra time and make sure it's OK before risking another injury.

"I understand the point there," Inge said, "because you've already spent that long trying to get over it. To rush back and [have to] do it all over again, which is like a month-long process for most people, what's the point? Take a couple days and make sure it's really good."

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident   Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Brandon Inge hurt in Pillow Accident
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2