DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Curtis Granderson Tracker

Go down 
+15
TG
VegasTigersFan
Casey21
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
Trinita
bobrob2004
iluvpudge7
SoulRat
catbox_9
tigersaint
Lo_x15
gs78
prod
mrsrabelo
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 2:50 pm

Granderson is hitting .219 in September (15 games).
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 3:39 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:

:puke2: His batting average is below .300 now Frown
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 5:09 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

:puke2: His batting average is below .300 now Frown
sooooooooo many strikeouts. Scary.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 9:31 pm

09/18/2008 4:34 PM ET
Granderson to commentate for TBS
Center fielder will join studio crew during Division Series
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

Curtis Granderson is heading back to the postseason. It won't be on the field as he would've liked, but it's in a place where he's making another good impression.

TBS' announcement of its postseason broadcast teams also heralded the return of Granderson to the studio for a second consecutive year. The Tigers center fielder will be the network's player analyst for the American League and National League Division Series, giving the pregame, postgame and between-innings segments the perspective of a current Major League player to go with Hall of Famers Cal Ripken Jr. and Dennis Eckersley and host Ernie Johnson.

It's the same format that allowed Granderson to shine last October. He has been known in media circles for being engaging and insightful in interviews since he made his big league debut in 2004, and he became a go-to player for reporters nationwide during Detroit's run to the World Series in '06. With the Tigers off on Thursday in Cleveland, Granderson had a heavy slate of radio interviews during the day, from ESPN Radio to "The Jim Rome Show."

Television work has let Granderson show that gift on a much wider stage.

"I am honored that TBS would ask me to be a part of their MLB postseason coverage team for a second consecutive season," Granderson said in an e-mail. "Being in a studio with such baseball legends as Cal Ripken Jr. and Dennis Eckersley and a broadcasting legend in Ernie Johnson will help me grow as both an analyst, and as a baseball player.

"However, my hope is that they don't become too comfortable with me in studio, as it is a goal of the Detroit Tigers to get back to the postseason in 2009 and beyond."

That's kind of the same way Granderson approaches his TV career in general. It's nice as side work goes, but he's hoping he has plenty of years left as a player before he starts considering the broadcast booth or studio as a full-time gig.

Given Granderson's performance on the field, that shouldn't be a worry anytime soon. A year after becoming one of four players in Major League history to record 20 home runs, 20 doubles, 20 triples and 20 stolen bases in the same season, he has bounced back from a slow start that landed him on the disabled list for the season's first month with a fractured right middle finger.

Granderson leads the AL in triples again with 13, batting .290 with 19 home runs, 58 RBIs, 24 doubles and 10 steals. His .373 on-base percentage is a career high, and he has progressed to the point where manager Jim Leyland now bats the left-handed hitter regularly against left-handed pitching. He will still finish up with close to 140 games played this season and about 450 over his three full big league seasons.

That kind of experience gives him some pretty good insight on television, as he showed last year.

"Curtis was lightning in a bottle last year," said Tim Kiely, vice president/coordinating producer at TBS. "We took an educated guess and found a real talent. He is one of the most natural on-air guys I have ever worked with, especially for someone who literally walked off the field into our studio."

Postseason coverage gets under way on TBS with Division Series tripleheader broadcasts on Wednesday, Oct. 1, and Thursday, Oct. 2, before running through the weekend.

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 3:07 am

GO CURTIS...now get your sweet self outta that SLUMP!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 01, 2008 3:54 pm

:curtis: did great on the TBS pregame show today! Even better than last year!
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 02, 2008 1:12 am

Too bad i couldn't hear that. I'm sure he did great! Go Curtis!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 09, 2008 11:00 pm

I saw him the other day on one of the post-game shows, nice suit!!! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 09, 2008 11:04 pm

Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Iagree10
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 am

laprimamirala wrote:
Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Iagree10

Nice Smilie
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 10, 2008 6:10 am

It's on the new smilies thread
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Medium_granderson08
Courtesy Photo/Turner Sports
"He's
built for the camera, and he handles it in a non-phony way," Turner
Sports coordinating producer Tim Kiely said of Detroit center fielder
Curtis Granderson.

Tigers' Granderson shines as analyst for TBS
by Steve Kornacki
Wednesday October 08, 2008, 12:20 AM

The Detroit Tigers do have one player in the postseason.

Curtis Granderson is in the TBS studio analyzing playoff action with Hall of Famers Dennis Eckersley and Cal Ripken Jr.

Granderson, the center fielder who led the American League in triples, is shining in his second October with the network.

"Ten to 15 years from now, when Curtis Granderson is done playing, he'll be one of the big stars in television," predicted Turner Sports coordinating producer Tim Kiely, who produces the studio segments in Atlanta.

Granderson was flattered by that comment.

"I appreciate that very much," Granderson said. "It's interesting that I did not study communications at school (University of Illinois-Chicago). I got a double-major in business management and business marketing.

"But the number of interviews I've done as a player have helped. It's fun, but I'm still not sure what I want to do full-time when I'm done playing. I don't dislike this by any means, though. It's been a good time, and I get to see all the games and increase my knowledge, too."

Kiely said Granderson's ability to remember every pitcher he has ever faced ("even if it was just twice in spring training") has helped him.

Granderson was picked up by ESPN last fall after making cameo appearances last year for TBS, but says this time he's going to call it a postseason when his gig as a full-time analyst with TBS is over.

"There are a lot of ways to critique without ripping guys," Kiely said, "and he knows how to handle himself there. He's able to paint a picture and reminds me of Kenny Smith, who does our NBA studio and gets over-shadowed by Charles Barkley. Hey, everybody gets overshadowed by Charles."

Granderson said he learned from Smith and Barkley when visiting with them while they were doing a broadcast from a Pistons game.

"Both Kenny and Charles told me the same thing," Granderson said. "They said, 'You've been out there in just about every situation on the field. Now just go out there and talk about it.' And that's what I do. Hey, I just faced Gavin Floyd last week in Chicago. I can get into that pretty easily."

Granderson said he has enjoyed the "funny stories and the history" Eckersley and Ripken have shared.

"Every time I get the chance to be around Dennis, I find myself wishing I had been his teammate," Granderson, 27, said. "Both he and Cal have made me feel so comfortable. And Ernie Johnson, the host, has been great, too."

Kiely said he's miles ahead of most athletes his age.

"He's really poised and that's the biggest thing you notice at his age," Kiely said. "He's built for the camera, and he handles it in a non-phony way. Some guys are almost too polished, but Curtis comes across as genuine.

"It's a gift. He's bright and articulate. There are a lot of bright guys, but they just can't paint the picture Curtis does."

During the season, Granderson described the thrill of a triple as the "three roars" he hears -- one at the crack of the bat, one when fans realize he's going for three, and another when he slides in safely at third.

"Those are the sights, sounds and smells we want a player to share," Kiely said. "And it just comes naturally to Curtis."
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Woohoo12
I sure hope he changes his mind! He's a natural!

Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Wahoo11
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Curtis Granderson in Men's Health Magazine

A video ilovedetroit28 took with my camera from the pregame show when they were talking about Curtis in the June 2008 issue of Men's Health Magazine.

Ladies, get ready to drool.

*No copyright infringement intended.

Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 pm

Curtis Granderson interview

February 2008: Star sports columnist Bob Duff interviews Detroit Tiger Curtis Granderson during spring training in Lakeland, Fla. about his trip to Africa.

Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 20, 2008 9:02 pm

10/20/08 2:26 PM ET
Ambassador Granderson to visit China
Tigers outfielder represents MLB in trip to Shanghai, Beijing

By Nick Zaccardi / MLB.com

Curtis Granderson is breaking a barrier in his latest business trip.

The Tigers center fielder will become the first active Major Leaguer to promote baseball in China when he visits Shanghai and Beijing this week. Granderson ventured to England and the Netherlands in 2006 and South Africa in 2007 as a Major League Baseball Ambassador. He recently finished his second October as a TBS studio postseason analyst.

He's booked solid in the Far East. On Wednesday, Granderson will make an appearance in China's most populous city with the Shanghai Eagles of the China Baseball Association, the country's six-team professional league. He's also scheduled to lead child baseball clinics for the MLB International Play Ball Program.

Granderson will join the Shanghai Media Group broadcast team for an interview during Game 2 of the World Series followed by a clinic he'll be conducting with the Fudan University baseball team Thursday.

On Friday, he travels to the capital of Beijing for two more Play Ball clinics and a World Series reception put on by the American Chamber, where Granderson will be the featured guest. The itinerary has him flying home Sunday.

China hosted its first Major League games in March, when the Padres and Dodgers played two exhibitions in Beijing, where baseball is called "bangqui" but is not yet as popular as basketball or badminton.

MLB is trying to grow the game with a pool of 1.3 billion potential fans, specifically through youth development. MLB's Beijing office holds a yearly China Baseball Academy for elite young players and conducts the Play Ball program in 200-plus primary schools throughout the nation. The Yankees and Mariners signed two Chinese players to Minor League contracts in 2007.

Beijing hosted what may have been the final Olympic baseball tournament in August, as both softball and baseball have been voted out of the Olympic program. China is one of 16 teams that will play in the 2009 World Baseball Classic. The Chinese went 0-3 in the 2006 Classic, getting outscored 40-6.

Nick Zaccardi is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 26, 2008 6:32 pm

CURTIS ROCKS THE GREAT WALL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 26, 2008 6:44 pm

at least prevent WW3!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Ambassador Granderson....I like it!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedSun Nov 02, 2008 6:32 am

Better yet...Curtis for PRESIDENT
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 10:44 am

01/28/09 8:37 PM EST
Granderson to host art contest for kids
Fourth graders encouraged to submit works for upcoming book

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

DETROIT -- Tigers center fielder Curtis Granderson is offering fourth-grade students in Michigan schools the chance to be illustrators for his new book, All You Can Be.

With help from the Michigan Department of Education, the Grand Kids Foundation and Triumph Books are holding a contest, inviting fourth graders across the state to submit their artwork through their school for consideration to be included in the book. The contest will be conducted in classrooms at Michigan grade schools, each of which received an information packet.

The theme for submissions is simple: How do you see yourself when you are in high school, and how is education important in helping you become that person?

Participation is 100 percent voluntary, and any art medium can be used -- such as pencil, pen, paint or collages. The one restriction is that submissions need to fit on a standard 8 1/2-by-11 inch piece of paper.

Each classroom or teacher will select a winning piece of art from the class. Teachers will be responsible for submitting the winning piece with the student's name, school, age and contact information. About 50 pieces will be chosen for the book, with other entries selected for honorable mention and posted online for family and friends to view.

Deadline for submission is Monday, Feb. 9. Entries from each class should be submitted to Triumph Books, c/o Curtis Granderson, 542 S. Dearborn St., Suite 750, Chicago, IL 60605.

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 11:34 am

Heart He's my newest friend on Facebook! Heart
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Mine too!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
01/28/09 8:37 PM EST
Granderson to host art contest for kids
Fourth graders encouraged to submit works for upcoming book

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

DETROIT -- Tigers center fielder Curtis Granderson is offering fourth-grade students in Michigan schools the chance to be illustrators for his new book, All You Can Be.

With help from the Michigan Department of Education, the Grand Kids Foundation and Triumph Books are holding a contest, inviting fourth graders across the state to submit their artwork through their school for consideration to be included in the book. The contest will be conducted in classrooms at Michigan grade schools, each of which received an information packet.

The theme for submissions is simple: How do you see yourself when you are in high school, and how is education important in helping you become that person?

Participation is 100 percent voluntary, and any art medium can be used -- such as pencil, pen, paint or collages. The one restriction is that submissions need to fit on a standard 8 1/2-by-11 inch piece of paper.

Each classroom or teacher will select a winning piece of art from the class. Teachers will be responsible for submitting the winning piece with the student's name, school, age and contact information. About 50 pieces will be chosen for the book, with other entries selected for honorable mention and posted online for family and friends to view.

Deadline for submission is Monday, Feb. 9. Entries from each class should be submitted to Triumph Books, c/o Curtis Granderson, 542 S. Dearborn St., Suite 750, Chicago, IL 60605.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 12, 2009 9:13 am

Thursday, February 12, 2009
Baseball's black eyes hit home for Tiger
Granderson says steroid allegations against other players keep his phone ringing.
Tom Gage / The Detroit News

LAKELAND, Fla. -- This is what happens when baseball's dirty laundry makes headlines.

In the wake of Alex Rodriguez admitting he took steroids between 2001-03, Curtis Granderson's phone rang.

And rang.

Friends calling.

"People wondering if I'm on the list (of 104 steroid users)," Granderson said Wednesday, shrugging his shoulders. "I wasn't even in the big leagues those years, I remind them.

"I wasn't even part of those tests. But I still get calls, 'Hey, are you on the list?"

Granderson is both a baseball fan and player. When asked if the image of the game is being damaged, he said forthrightly, "I think so. You watch ESPN, and when you watch CNN, half the show is about this.

"I understand it's not a big time for sports right now, but the amount of attention it's getting has to be damaging. Almost as if everyone in that era is guilty until the names are released -- if they are released.

"What's bad is that there is a lot of assumption going on."

Granderson said he's been asked if he feels pressure to project a good image for baseball to offset the negative image it's currently experiencing. He doesn't.

"Just keep doing what you're doing," is what he reminds himself to do. "You know right from wrong. I don't wake up every day thinking I have to pick Major League Baseball up. I just try to be me. I think that's what everybody else in baseball is trying to do, too.

"But there are times you wonder, what next?"
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 am

geez! He would be the least of my suspicions!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 12, 2009 3:22 pm

Me too. :shrug:
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Granderson Tracker   Curtis Granderson Tracker - Page 8 Icon_minipostedWed Feb 18, 2009 10:36 am

94.7 WCSX - D&D interview Curtis Granderson - Detroit Tigers