DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS

Go down 
+12
VegasTigersFan
swiss_tiger
gs78
iluvpudge7
gdennis59
Casey21
laprimamirala
mrsrabelo
SoulRat
catbox_9
GoGetEmTigers
bobrob2004
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female
Number of posts : 503
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sean Casey . . . oh dang he's a Red Sox now!
Registration date : 2007-10-14

SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 8:08 pm

It has been a rough start for our Tigers.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 8:14 pm

beyond rough! And we're being nice. Check out the detroit tigers.com forum....the trolls are having a field day!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 2:18 am

04/11/2008 10:25 PM ET
Sheffield gets a rest for series opener
Veteran power hitter adjusting to life with injured finger
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

CHICAGO -- Tigers slugger Gary Sheffield already was in line for a day off during this weekend's series against the White Sox. Once his ailing right ring finger swelled on the team flight from Boston early Friday morning, the decision for that day off came easily.

Though Sheffield said he could've played if needed, there was little reason to push matters on a cold, rainy night. Tigers manager Jim Leyland gave him the night off, but it wasn't expected to be a long-term issue.

Sheffield tore a tendon at the top of the finger on a slide into second base last week against the Royals. He missed the first two games of last weekend's series against the White Sox before returning to action on Sunday.

The swelling was not a surprise development.

"It's going to swell up on a plane," Sheffield said. "I've got it in a splint, and I had to take it off a few times, but that's not the reason I'm not playing. It's getting in late, trying to play through it and then the cold weather isn't helping at all."

It's not really a setback, but it's another frustrating development for a veteran player who is having an up-and-down time adjusting to life without feeling in the tip of his finger. He can hold the bat fine, and he's been able to swing hard.

"I'm starting to get a more aggressive swing than I normally would," Sheffield said. "I was kind of hesitant to hit balls, not swinging hard, but I like to swing hard to feel good about myself."

Still, it's the feeling that's the frustration.

"It ain't there," Sheffield said of the feeling in the finger. "That's what's frustrating more than anything. I don't know how much you use it on your bat, but I just know that it's something you feel. When I hold the bat or just walk around, I know it's there, and that right there just frustrates me a little bit. It's an agitating feeling, especially when it's cold, too."

Jacque Jones, who would've been starting in left field, moved to designated hitter in Sheffield's place. Clete Thomas started in left field and in the leadoff spot, while Carlos Guillen moved to the third spot in the order.

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Last edited by GoGetEmTigers on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 3:00 am

And we won tonight without him!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 11:26 am

Hope the keep the same lineup today!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 20, 2008 6:20 pm

04/20/2008 1:57 PM ET
Sheffield's shoulder benches him
Tigers DH, recovering from surgery, will see doctor next week
By Gregor Chisholm / Special to MLB.com

TORONTO -- The list of Detroit's walking wounded continues to grow.

On Sunday afternoon, designated hitter Gary Sheffield was kept out of the Tigers' starting lineup because of a sore right shoulder. The news is especially troublesome for Detroit, considering it's the same shoulder Sheffield had offseason surgery on to repair a labrum tear.

Sheffield, who has been down this road before, believes the discomfort stems from scar tissue that is still around the area that was surgically repaired.

He will have the shoulder examined by orthopedic surgeon Dr. Stephen Lemos after the Tigers return home following their four-game series in Toronto.

"I want to get it looked at," Sheffield said. "I want to make sure I know what's going on, how much scar tissue I really need to break up. It feels strange playing baseball when you can't really do what you're capable of doing."

Sheffield originally injured the shoulder last season during an outfield collision on July 21 against the Royals. He continued to play through the injury, but clearly has not been the same player since.

Prior to the collision, Sheffield was hitting .306 with 23 home runs and 65 RBIs. Over the season's final 91 games, though, he managed to hit just .172 with two home runs and 10 RBIs.

So far this season, Sheffield's numbers are a lot more comparable to his second half of 2007 and he has been unable to play the outfield.

"Obviously, I can't throw a baseball right now and can't really reach across my body," said Sheffield, who is hitting .192 with one home run and two RBIs in 15 games this season. "If you watch me do it with my left and then watch me do it with my right, you'll notice the difference."

What bothers the 39-year-old the most is that some days his shoulder feels fine, but on other days it causes him severe discomfort. On bad days, such as Saturday afternoon against the Blue Jays, he has trouble getting the shoulder loose, and as a result doesn't have a full range of motion in the affected area.

"I didn't feel like I was getting extended," Sheffield said of Saturday's 0-for-4 effort. "It's like I get there and [the shoulder] just stops. There's nothing you can do. I try to swing harder and it slows it down even more."

An injury because of loose scar tissue is very common among athletes who undergo the type of surgery Sheffield had.

Sheffield said that in an ideal world he would have had a full year to rehab before resuming baseball activities, but since he was dead-set on being ready for the start of the season, that was obviously something that never could have happened.

"When you have surgery, you're supposed to break up all the scar tissue to be normal, and I never got that opportunity," Sheffield said. "I had surgery in [October], I was in a splint until the end of December and I was on the baseball field in February. I've got work to do."

Sheffield is hoping this is not something that will force him to spend time on the disabled list. Although he's unlikely to see any game action until he has the shoulder examined, Sheffield did say that he would be available if Tigers manager Jim Leyland decides he is needed.

Regardless of his status, soreness is clearly the last thing Sheffield wanted to deal with after having to worry about his right shoulder for the past eight months.

"It's like beating a dead horse," Sheffield said. "I've been doing this for so long. When you always have to play through these circumstances it gets old."

As frustrating as the injury must be for Sheffield, the news makes the Tigers' injury woes that much more of a concern. Detroit already has six players on its disabled list -- including starting center fielder Curtis Granderson -- and has been without the services of second baseman Placido Polanco, who has a sore back.

With Sheffield out of the lineup, Carlos Guillen got the start at designated hitter and Miguel Cabrera shifted across the diamond to first base. Brandon Inge took Cabrera's normal spot at third base.

Gregor Chisholm is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 20, 2008 6:23 pm

SHIT! Maybe the Tigers outta think about getting Frank Thomas!

They could sign him to a minor league contract
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 pm

We already got our OWN Thomas....CLEEEEETE!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 21, 2008 11:39 pm

tigersaint wrote:
We already got our OWN Thomas....CLEEEEETE!!

And he is young and energetic!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 4:01 am

a real go-getter! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 2:45 pm

....and he looks a little like Mike Henneman
Back to top Go down
rickimouse
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
rickimouse

Female
Number of posts : 394
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Pudge, Clete Thomas, Granderson...
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 2:47 pm

My maiden name is Thomas!

I love it...maybe I should go back to it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickireed
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 22, 2008 2:55 pm

rickimouse wrote:
My maiden name is Thomas!

I love it...maybe I should go back to it!

Nod Big Smile
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 5:25 pm

04/24/2008 2:45 PM ET
Sheffield gets third cortisone shot
Veteran consdiering retirement as worst case scenario
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

DETROIT -- Gary Sheffield received three cortisone shots last year as he tried to play through a midseason right shoulder injury that sapped his offense down the stretch. He has now received three cortisone shots this week.

Sheffield received a second shot in his right shoulder on Wednesday, after getting one in both shoulders earlier this week. This one was more focused on the spot where he had labrum tears surgically repaired last fall. He's hoping this shot finally allows him to swing a bat pain-free and return to the Tigers lineup, possibly by Friday, but the lack of progress is enough that he's considering the worst-case scenarios.

"I'm doing what I need to do to get it strong," Sheffield said on Thursday morning. "It hurts. I can't continue to go out there and play like that."

Thursday marked Sheffield's fifth consecutive game out of the lineup, but he has been dealing with shoulder issues pretty much since returning to action in Spring Training. He visited earlier this week with team physician Dr. Stephen Lemos, who found no structural damage, and he underwent cortisone shots in each shoulder to alleviate the soreness.

The shot in his right shoulder had little effect. Sheffield said he still felt pain even without doing baseball activities. Simply crossing his arms, he said, would be painful.

It's enough of a concern now that Sheffield and team medical records have contacted Dr. John Uribe, the surgeon who repaired his labrum last October, to get his take on the matter and make sure there isn't something worse to worry about.

If it becomes a longer-term issue, Sheffield said, then the end of his career becomes a consideration.

"Am I wasting my time trying to play? That's another thing," Sheffield said. "I might have to make a decision again. I'm not going to put myself through [more surgeries and rehabs] like the past. I'm not going to do that. I don't need to play. It's just a matter of having an opportunity to win again. That's the only reason I'm here."

Asked if he's thinking about retirement, Sheffield said, "I've been thinking about that for four years, but it just doesn't seem to happen. I can't really think emotionally about it. I have to think it all the way through, and I don't think I've done that yet."

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 6:41 pm

I think retirement might be the best thing for him. Otherwise, he is risking permanent disability all from wanting to play baseball.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 6:50 pm

DL the guy for God's sake!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 6:51 pm

$26 Million on the table, he would have to be FOOLISH to retire.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm

I think he will go on an extended DL, to properly heal, then come back and get his last 19 HR's he needs to reach 500. I think that is the main thing that keeps him going and not retiring!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 8:29 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
I think he will go on an extended DL, to properly heal, then come back and get his last 19 HR's he needs to reach 500. I think that is the main thing that keeps him going and not retiring!

So the ring that they get for winning the World Series will just be a bonus?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 8:31 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

So the ring that they get for winning the World Series will just be a bonus?

Well, that too, but he has really made a big thing of the 500 homer goal on his website!

http://www.garysheffield.com/
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Not to be rude, but someone sucks at designing that webpage. It says 2007 stats (and then it only includes a few games - 2007 is over). It says HRs to 500 - 481. He has 481, he doesn't need 481. He's 481 HRs away from 962 which would shatter the ML record.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 9:11 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Not to be rude, but someone sucks at designing that webpage. It says 2007 stats (and then it only includes a few games - 2007 is over). It says HRs to 500 - 481. He has 481, he doesn't need 481. He's 481 HRs away from 962 which would shatter the ML record.

Volunteer to be his Webmaster! You might make $$$$
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 9:14 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

I agree there, I don't know who is taking care of it for him.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 9:15 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Volunteer to be his Webmaster! You might make $$$$

I just sent a webmail to him. whistle Big Smile
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 11:19 pm

clap I hope you hear back!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 25, 2008 11:33 pm

04/25/2008 6:40 PM ET
Sheffield back after five-game absence
Leyland to keep close eye on DH, whose shoulder feels better
By Scott McNeish / MLB.com

DETROIT -- Tigers designated hitter Gary Sheffield returned to the lineup on Friday night against the Angels after sitting out five games with a right shoulder injury. A second cortisone shot has apparently taken its effects, and he felt ready to go.

"I feel good today," Sheffield said. "I swung [Friday afternoon] and didn't feel a lot of pain."

But manager Jim Leyland will watch his 39-year-old DH carefully. He wants to see if the shoulder can hold up to game speed and situations. And he and Sheffield have an honest enough relationship where Sheffield, unlike last season when he tried to play through an injury and his play suffered, will inform Leyland if the shoulder prevents him from performing at his high level.

"He'll tell me if it's gotten to where it's affecting him and the team, and we'll shut it down," Leyland said. "If not, hopefully he's in there for the rest of the year.

"If it hurts like [heck after the game], then I'll talk to him later and see what the alternatives are.

"This is major stuff. His shoulder was bad," Leyland continued. "So I'm going to make sure it's OK for his sake, as well as the ballclub. If he's going up there swinging in pain every night, it's not going to do him any good, and it's not going to do us any good."

The team has considered limiting Sheffield to four games per week, but athletic trainer Kevin Rand said that would not help. Any pain will be the same regardless of repetitions.

Sheffield received cortisone shots in each of his shoulders after last weekend's series in Toronto to alleviate pain, but the shot in the right shoulder, which he had surgically repaired last winter, had little effect. Sheffield had another shot in the right shoulder on Wednesday night, this time on the spot where his labrum tears occurred.

His return depended on how long it took for the second shot to make a substantial difference. That, according to Sheffield, occurred on Friday.

In other injury news, left fielder Jacque Jones started one day after suffering a left knee contusion when he crashed into and flipped over the railing along the left-field line at Comerica Park. X-rays were negative, and Jones said before Friday's game that it felt much better.

Also, Carlos Guillen's right knee bruise kept him out of a second straight game Friday.

Scott McNeish is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 11:19 am

04/27/2008 8:39 PM ET
Leyland goes to bat for slumping Sheff
Manager cites injury, tough pitching in defense of veteran DH
By Scott McNeish / MLB.com

DETROIT -- Tigers manager Jim Leyland defended his slumping designated hitter before Sunday's primetime game against the Angels.

Gary Sheffield, at age 39, has not had an ideal start to the season. He entered Sunday's contest batting a team-low .169 with one home run and three RBIs. More puzzling, he is a Major League-worst 0-for-16 with runners in scoring position. The Angels even intentionally walked Placido Polanco on Saturday to get to Sheffield.

Fans have called for Leyland to move Sheffield from the No. 3 spot in the order, while some suggest he put new third baseman Carlos Guillen, with his history of knee and leg problems, at DH and Brandon Inge at third.

Leyland said fans bring up fair points. He just wanted to offer fair answers.

First, he addressed the idea of dropping Sheffield in the order.

"If you don't think he's going to hit," Leyland said, "you don't play him. [Fans ask], 'Why bat him three? Why don't you bat him eighth?' If you don't think a guy's going to hit, why even bat him at all?

"I like our lineup. I like Sheffield in the three spot. If he's hitting, he's a No. 3 hitter."

And, according to Leyland, he's close to hitting. Shoulder problems could still be holding Sheffield back. After all, he's had two cortisone shots in his surgically repaired right shoulder, and another in his left, in recent weeks. He just returned to the lineup on Friday after a five-game absence, so more at-bats could help.

"The guy's had three shots in the last two weeks. We don't know yet if we're seeing the real Gary Sheffield at all," Leyland said. "We don't know if he'll be effective at all. We're going to find out."

Batting with that hurt shoulder, Leyland said, plus the tough pitching Sheffield sees, could be responsible for his inconsistent timing in the season's first month.

"I think some pitchers pitch Sheffield tougher than anybody on our team," Leyland said. "There was a time when Gary Sheffield and Barry Bonds were the two most-feared hitters in baseball. I'm not saying all the time, but there was a period of time when they were probably the two most-feared hitters in baseball -- bar none. Trust me. He still sees tough pitching for it.

"It's not like he's getting balls blown by him. It's not that his bat is slowing up, and they're blowing balls by him. He's hitting balls hard foul. His timing is definitely not right, but his bat isn't slow. I've seen guys throwing 95-96 [mph], and he's hitting it to left field foul."

Leyland suggested the 19 home runs Sheffield needs to reach the 500-homer mark could be in the back of his mind.

However, Leyland said, based on his close relationship with the slugger, that Sheffield doesn't play to pad statistics and certainly wouldn't hold the team back for the sake of a milestone.

"Gary Sheffield would be the first guy in this office saying that he wasn't helping the team," Leyland said. "Trust me, he doesn't play for his own stats. Believe me, he won't do that. If he feels like he can't be the Gary Sheffield he wants to be, he'll tell me. I believe that. That hasn't happened, and I don't expect it to happen."

"Do I think he'll hit? Yes I do. Do I think he'll hit like the Gary Sheffield of old? I doubt it.But do I think he can hit enough to be a productive hitter in our lineup? Yes I do."

Scott McNeish is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 11:32 am

If he's hitting....but he's not.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 11:42 am

I still think Sheff needs DL to heal and then rehab in Toledo to get the AT BATS he needs. Bring Clete Thomas back up, or Mike Hessman who has 8 HR's so far this year or Jeff Larish who has 7 HR's to DH.
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female
Number of posts : 503
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sean Casey . . . oh dang he's a Red Sox now!
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 11:45 am

I agree. What good is Sheff doing for our lineup when he cannot hit? He shouldn't be playing - we've got some great guys in the minors who can hit. Sheff needs to get those shoulders healthy and rested - he can't do that swinging the bat the way he does.

Better yet - bring back Sean Casey!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS   SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

SHEFFIELD HEALTH REPORTS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next