DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) Empty
PostSubject: The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)   The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) Icon_minipostedWed Mar 26, 2008 10:50 pm

In a little over an hour Turner Classic Movies is going to show Hitchcock's original version of The Man Who Knew Too Much. This version stars Peter Lorre in his first-ever English-speaking role. It isn't as highly regarded as the 1956 version. This is the only film Hitchcock ever remade.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)   The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 1:25 am

That's the movie. It's only 75 minutes long whereas the 1956 version is 120 minutes.

According to the commentator (which is really interesting by the way) Hitchcock really didn't like this movie and thought the other one was far better.

I haven't seen the other version so I'm going to rate this assuming the other one doesn't exist - which is fair because in 1934 the other one didn't exist.

This movie is pretty good actually. It really shows its age even more than the other B&W films I've seen. There are basically no sound effects (if a guy gets punched it's silent) or non-dialogue noises. The first couple minutes there was just skiing and no dialogue or sound for that matter. I thought it was a silent film at first. When people get shot there's no blood - that's realistic Rolling Eyes

The plot is interesting and the acting isn't too bad. I liked this and it's probably the best movie I've seen all day (it's the third one).

84/100
B

UP NEXT: Schindler's List
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)   The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 9:56 am

catbox_9 wrote:
According to the commentator (which is really interesting by the way)

TCM = Turner Classic Movies.

Ted Turner is the commentator Nod
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)   The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 12:10 pm

LOL. Shows what I know.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)   The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) Icon_minipostedMon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 pm

I just saw this...

Like catbox, I'll have to rate this assuming that the other version didn't exist. Unlike catbox, I have seen the remake, so this is going to be a little harder.

The plot is pretty basic; someone finds out of a planned British ambassador murder. His daughter gets kidnapped to keep him quite, so now he must try to stop the attempted assassination while trying to get his daughter back safely. While this sounds like an interesting plot, I found the execution to be poor and the acting subpar (with the sole exception of Peter Lorre, who was great). As a result, this is just a very average movie. I can see why Hitchcock wanted to remake this.

73/100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)   The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)
Page 1 of 1