DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003

Go down 
+2
catbox_9
GoGetEmTigers
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Welp. Since he admitted it and after watching his press conference, I can't get away from the fact that he did roids, but since he was able to talk about it and not lie (cough) Bonds and McGwire and Clemens, I respect him much more.

He admitted it after getting caught. He denied it prior to getting caught. How is that admirable?
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm

i smell a crash and burn.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 19, 2009 8:32 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
i smell a crash and burn.

But A-Rod made tons of money

If you are gonna crash and burn; that is the way to go
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Just wonder if he has any left! His ex will get most of it!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 19, 2009 9:28 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

True
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Feb 19, 2009 11:19 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

If she gets 95% of it (that number is of course way too high) he'll still be making over $1,250,000 a year which would easily put him in the top 1% of Americans. Hell, even 1% of his salary is $250,000 which, at over 20K a month, would be competitive with many doctors.

Kind of scary actually....a guy gets paid about 100 times what a doctor makes to swing a piece of wood at a ball while doctors spend half their lives in school, often work well over 40 hours a week, and devote their careers to saving other people's lives.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 am

Most doctors work more like 60 to 80 hours per week. This really shows how crazy baseball salaries really are!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 20, 2009 4:52 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Most doctors work more like 60 to 80 hours per week. This really shows how crazy baseball salaries really are!

And to think Al Kaline made 93,000 in 1969

Mark " The Bird" made 19,000 in 1976

Darrell Evans was the second Tigers free agent in 1983; signing a three year 1.8 million contract

I can remember when Jack Morris, Gibby and Lance Parrish were making 800,000- 1million a year in the mid 80s

Salaries have skyrocketed since
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Bring back da Bird!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Feb 20, 2009 8:29 pm

*UGH* From the Tigers.com board, Say it Ain't So!

six-hopper
It was reported today that Alex Rodriguez has had a long relationship with Angel Presinal, a trainer who has been banned from Major League clubhouses and all other nonpublic ballpark areas since 2001 because of his known association with steroids. Presinal was named in the Mitchell Report because of an incident in which he was linked to a gym bag full of steroids, the same incident that led to his official banishment from baseball.

Apparently, he and A-Rod have had a relationship since Rodriguez was with the Texas Rangers, that they have been in contact at least as recently as late 2008, and that in 2007 Presinal actually traveled with A-Rod on Yankee road trips and shared a hotel room with the cousin that A-Rod named as his steroid supplier.

The reports also say that A-Rod took steps to try to keep the relationship secret, and that he ignored numerous warnings by acquaintances that he should avoid association with Presinal.

Start tap-dancing, Alex.

To:six-hopper 5:26 PM

tigersfanatl
Six, you are ret*rded......we all know you are Alex....Hamilton. Be more careful in your thread titles. lol

Actually, I am not sure if you saw this but on espn.com ARoid said he got the steroid "boli" from the Dominican Republic and said it was from a pharmacy. Now Dominican officials are speaking out saying that was banned in their country from 01-03, when he allegedly took it.

Somewhat related....I was listening to an interview Sean Casey had on one of the Atlanta sports stations a few days back. He probably said it the best: "when ARod answers questions, he is making more questions than he had previously."

That is how I am seeing this thing with ARoid go. Right now, he is making Roger Clemens looking like an honest man.

What we'll probably get is another admission to ARoid taking steroids after 03 when he was with the Yankees and/or before 01 when he was with Seattle. Maybe he isn't out of the clear yet....no pun intended.

To:tigersfanatl 5:39 PM

six-hopper
Well, it has certainly seemed from the beginning that he has been lying through his teeth. In that laughable scripted "confession," he said that he quit taking steroids in Spring Training 2003, but he apparently tested positive late in the 2003 season--for a steroid that will give a positve result for no more than two weeks after it's taken.

Now we hear that at least as recently as 2007 he arranged for this banned-from-baseball steroid pusher to follow him around on road trips, where they had numerous clandestine meetings in hotel rooms.

His PR people are going to have a full-time job spinning and respinning this stuff, and if they don't do a better job than they did with his first "confession," this jerk is actually going to wind up making Bonds and Clemens and McGwire look almost saintly by comparison.

Sure hurts me to see this happening to the Yankees, though.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 am

02/21/09 2:52 AM EST
Banned trainer an associate of A-Rod
Reportedly was with Yankees third baseman much of 2007

By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com

TAMPA, Fla. -- Alex Rodriguez said on Friday that he had "no reaction" to a report that linked him to a trainer banned from Major League clubhouses for links to performance-enhancing drugs.

The New York Daily News reported on Friday that Angel Presinal -- banned from clubhouses since an unmarked bag of steroids was linked to him in October 2001 -- spent much of '07 traveling with the third baseman.

Quoting sources, the newspaper reported that Presinal even stayed in the same room as Yuri Sucart -- the cousin identified as the one Rodriguez said acquired and injected him with steroids in 2001-03 while he was with the Rangers.

Late Friday, The Associated Press reported that Major League Baseball investigators want to talk with Rodriguez about Sucart and Presinal.

The interviews were disclosed by a person familiar with their plans who spoke on condition of anonymity because MLB wasn't confirming the meetings. MLB wants to find out if Rodriguez still associates with Succart.

Speaking to reporters after the Yankees' workout at George M. Steinbrenner Field, Rodriguez said that he was not prepared to comment.

"Not for now," Rodriguez said. "Right now, I'm really focusing on taking it one day at a time and getting ready to play. I'm not reacting."

In an interview with ESPNDeportes.com in the Dominican Republic, Presinal said: "I did work with Alex during that period of time [2001 through 2003], just like I helped all of my fellow Dominicans. He used to look for me. But I wasn't working with him on an exclusive basis. I was rotating between players and teams.

"I have never advised a player [to take steroids]; I have never talked about steroids with any athlete, with any baseball player," Presinal said. "I just wish there was someone out there with the courage to accuse me directly. That will never happen because folks respect me."

Presinal served as a trainer for the Dominican Republic during the 2006 World Baseball Classic. But the Daily News reported early Saturday that he will be banned from locker rooms and other restricted areas when the 2009 edition of the Classic opens on March 5.

Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano is among the numerous Major League stars who have worked with Presinal.

Cano said that he last worked with Presinal after the 2007 season to help rehabilitate an injury, and that "all we did was exercise."

Cano said that he stopped working with Presinal because of a two-hour commute for sessions, but he said that Presinal is well-known in the Dominican Republic and is "great about conditioning guys." Cano was not concerned about being linked to a person of questionable background.

"To be honest with you, I don't care what happened to him in the past," Cano said. "I knew what I wanted, and I knew what I wanted to do. I went down to get better about my injury. I don't really care if he had a problem in the past. I don't care what people say. If I had to go back and work with him and I was hurt, I'd go back. He's a guy that knows what he's doing."

MLB has warned players to stay away from Presinal, the Daily News reported, but sources told the paper that he and Rodriguez had been seen together in New York and Miami as recently as this past fall. One baseball official told the paper that Presinal is "an unsavory character."

"He's never had any association with the Yankees," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said of Presinal in the story. "Whether he knows our players or has worked with any of our players, I wouldn't be able to confirm that."

The Mitchell Report, released in December 2007, had a section titled, "Canadian Border Service Seizure of Steroids in Toronto, October 2001" that detailed the incident that got Presinal eventually banned from clubhouses.

An unmarked bag that Canadian Border Service officers found to contain steroids, syringes and clenbuterol, a stimulant, was claimed by an associate of Indians outfielder Juan Gonzalez, and that person told authorities the bag belonged to Presinal.

Eventually, "Presinal admitted that he had packed the steroids, but he claimed that he carried them for Gonzalez, whom he helped to administer them," the Mitchell Report read. Presinal later denied that to Mitchell Report investigators.

According to the Mitchell Report, Presinal was banned from MLB clubhouses after being seen frequently in the Rangers' clubhouse in 2002. That was Gonzalez's first year back in Texas and Rodriguez's second year with the Rangers. He was later seen in Anaheim and removed, the Mitchell Report said.

Following allegations in an SI.com article that preceded the magazine's release of a cover story, Rodriguez last week admitted to having taken performance-enhancing drugs in 2001-03 while with the Rangers. The fallout has been "kind of what I expected," he said.

Rodriguez said during his news conference on Tuesday at the Yankees' Spring Training facility that his cousin -- later identified as Sucart -- injected him numerous times from 2001-03 with "boli," which he said was intended to give him an energy boost and what he believed to be otherwise harmless. SI reported that Rodriguez failed a drug test for Primobolan and testosterone in 2003.

On Friday, Rodriguez said that he was currently employing no outside help for training, working exclusively with team strength and conditioning coach Dana Cavalea. Yankees manager Joe Girardi said that players working with outside trainers is a continuing concern.

"You don't ever want a player to get hurt when he's working with someone that isn't our people," Girardi said. "Obviously, we feel like we have a pretty good grasp of what they need to do. The players are all going to be a little different and have their own things they like to do, but when you start going to outside sources, sometimes it's hard to manage what they're doing."

Rodriguez said that he has to now consider the company he keeps, needing to pay close attention to such matters "for the next 18 months to 24 months" as his saga continues.

"This is uncharted territory for me," Rodriguez said. "So far, I feel good, just because I'm back on the field and getting ready for the season. We have a very good team, and we have one goal this year."

Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Feb 23, 2009 8:43 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Bring back da Bird!

Nod
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 24, 2009 8:24 am

I'll take a guy talking to the baseball over a guy that needles his butt ANY day....
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
I'll take a guy talking to the baseball over a guy that needles his butt ANY day....

Nod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003   Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2