DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Utensil of the Day!

Go down 
+6
Casey21
mrsrabelo
detigersfan06
bobrob2004
SoulRat
catbox_9
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 11:12 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
My answers!

• I do! It's a blender!
  • I can use it!
  • I have made smoothies with mine although they're good for making alcoholic beverages, too. Mine says it can make salsa and stuff, but I haven't tried.
  • I last used mine about 5 hours ago for a smoothie.
  • I own 2 - a blender which I never use and a generic magic bullet.
  • It was $20. Actually, I like it BETTER than the Magic Bullet (which I have used). The cups are bigger and it seems to work better. It's great!

I love the use of bullets!

I love smoothies.

You can make alcoholic beverages too, you are right about that----Only, I didn't think of that.

So, what kind of smoothie did you drink?

The Magic Bullet is pretty much a rip-off. We have made smoothies and shakes. We also used it to ground up coffee beans. <----ugh Frown It works alright, but not well enough to where I would tell other people to buy it.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 11:34 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
My answers!

• I do! It's a blender!
  • I can use it!
  • I have made smoothies with mine although they're good for making alcoholic beverages, too. Mine says it can make salsa and stuff, but I haven't tried.
  • It was $20. Actually, I like it BETTER than the Magic Bullet (which I have used). The cups are bigger and it seems to work better. It's great!

I love smoothies.

You can make alcoholic beverages too, you are right about that----Only, I didn't think of that.

The Magic Bullet is pretty much a rip-off. We have made smoothies and shakes. We also used it to ground up coffee beans. <----ugh Frown It works alright, but not well enough to where I would tell other people to buy it.

My smoothies take juice, yogurt, and fruit. Currently I have pineapple orange banana juice, strawberry OR blueberry OR peach puke yougurt (peach is fine in smoothies though) and 10 pounds of fruit that I got at costco - mango, pineapple, papaya, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and marionberry (whatever that is) all mixed together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 11:50 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
My answers!

• I do! It's a blender!
  • I can use it!

I love smoothies.

My smoothies take juice, yogurt, and fruit. Currently I have pineapple orange banana juice, strawberry OR blueberry OR peach puke yougurt (peach is fine in smoothies though) and 10 pounds of fruit that I got at costco - mango, pineapple, papaya, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and marionberry (whatever that is) all mixed together.

I think I already asked you about them, but that's okay. Pinapple Orange Banana Juice is pretty good. 10 pounds of fruit? That might last you. WTH is marionberry?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 12:25 am

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
My answers!

• I do! It's a blender!
  • I can use it!

I love smoothies.

I think I already asked you about them, but that's okay. Pinapple Orange Banana Juice is pretty good. 10 pounds of fruit? That might last you. WTH is marionberry?

I looked it up...marionberries are basically blackberries...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 12:29 am

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
My answers!

• I do! It's a blender!
  • I can use it!

I love smoothies.

I looked it up...marionberries are basically blackberries...

Oh well, why don't they just put blackberries? I'm so hungry, I ate a grilled cheese for dinner, that's about as filling as well, it's not really.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 4:58 am

UTENSIL OF THE DAY 4:

Today's item (warning: this one is advanced!)
Spoiler:

Who knows what it is? Who knows how to use it? What have you done with it? When was the last time you used one? Do you own one? How many? What kinds? How much did they cost?

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 3:50 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
UTENSIL OF THE DAY 4:

Spoiler:

Who knows what it is? Who knows how to use it? What have you done with it? When was the last time you used one? Do you own one? How many? What kinds? How much did they cost?

I'll try one of these things.

• It's a trash compactor!
  • It compacts trash, right?
  • I've done nothing with it!
  • I've never used one!
  • I don't own one!
  • Zero!
  • The kind that isn't owned by me!
  • $0.00!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
UTENSIL OF THE DAY 3:

Today's item:
Spoiler:

Yeah yeah I'm behind Rolling Eyes

It's a blender duh!
It's not that hard to figure out...
Make drinks of course
2 nights ago
Yes
I dunno, it's white and it mixes up my mudslides
I don't know, I think it was christmas gift
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:06 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
UTENSIL OF THE DAY 4:

Spoiler:

A trash compactor
Not me
Nothing
Never
Obviously no
None
More than I want to spend on garbage apparently Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:07 pm

SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
UTENSIL OF THE DAY 4:

Spoiler:

A trash compactor
Not me
Nothing
Never
Obviously no
None
More than I want to spend on garbage apparently Rolling Eyes

Well those are hard to steal from Dennys!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Not nearly as easy to steal as those ashtrays used to be No
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:38 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Not nearly as easy to steal as those ashtrays used to be No

Actually, if you rip off a trash compactor, I'll gain a lot of respect for you - that's not easy to do! Not only do you have to get it to your car, but you don't just pick it up like you do an ashtray. You have to unhook it. Also, they don't put them at every table - they're in the back somewhere where you aren't supposed to be....
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Why do you keep thinking that I'm a thief when I go out to eat? I told you, it was my FRIEND who stole all that stuff... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:43 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Why do you keep thinking that I'm a thief when I go out to eat? I told you, it was my FRIEND who stole all that stuff... Rolling Eyes

Guilt by association...
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:46 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Guilt by association...

Oh...okay then... whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 4:19 am

UTENSIL OF THE DAY 5

Today's item:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 8:14 am

I knew this was coming.....it was only a matter of time.

A Pastry Blender
I cannot say I have used one before
Nothing, obviously
Not ever
I don't really think so
Maybe one
If I did have one I would get a silver one I guess.......
Not too sure, well because I don't have one!
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female
Number of posts : 1426
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : **Inge**, Granderson, Polonco, Magglio, Verlander, ok all of them!!
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 1:14 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
UTENSIL OF THE DAY 5

Today's item:

Spoiler:

Pastery blender.
umm I do!!
I have used it.LOL!
Yes
dunno.
$1000.j/k LOL!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 1:45 pm

My answers:

• It's a pastry blender.
  • I can use it!
  • I have never used one, but have always used 2 knives. I would use it to make crusts.
  • I have never used one, but I've cut in shortening with knives as recently as September. I will use the pastry blender for the first time for Thanksgiving.
  • Yes, I own one. The woman who gave birth to the woman who gave birth to me just gave me one
  • It's an old one, but should still work.
  • I didn't pay anything for it. At the time it was purchased it would have cost well under $5 I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 3:47 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
UTENSIL OF THE DAY 5

Today's item:

Spoiler:

Its a pastry blender.
I don't
I have never used it. heck I don't think we have ever used ours.
^?
Yes
One.
The silver kind.
I have no clue my mom bought it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female
Number of posts : 503
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sean Casey . . . oh dang he's a Red Sox now!
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Its a pastry blender.
I know how to use it.
I have used it to cut in butter or shortening into flour, but I have also used it to break up cooked ground beef or turkey.
I used it last week when we made tacos
Yes
One
Pampered Chef version
$20
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 3:57 am

The Wait is OVER!!

UTENSIL OF THE DAY SIX:

Today's utensil:
Spoiler:
Who knows what it is? Who knows how to use it? What have you done with it? When was the last time you used one? Do you own one? How many? What kinds? How much did they cost? Anything else to say about this utensil/appliance?
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 7:46 am

This one's tough, but I'm gonna say spoon?
I think I might know
Mostly eat ice cream
ummm, don't know
yes
a lot
little ones, big ones
don't member
did i mention i eat ice cream with it??? bounce
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 11:01 am

catbox_9 wrote:
The Wait is OVER!!

UTENSIL OF THE DAY SIX:

Today's utensil:
Spoiler:
Who knows what it is? Who knows how to use it? What have you done with it? When was the last time you used one? Do you own one? How many? What kinds? How much did they cost? Anything else to say about this utensil/appliance?

• It's a spoon!
  • I know how to use it!
  • I eat ice cream with it!
  • Last night, with my ice cream!
  • I own more than 1!
  • Too many to count!
  • Metal, hundreds of plastic, wooden, do sporks count?
  • They were all gifts and/or stolen! (well, not really)
  • I would have to eat my ice cream in a cone without one!
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female
Number of posts : 1426
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : **Inge**, Granderson, Polonco, Magglio, Verlander, ok all of them!!
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 12:37 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
The Wait is OVER!!

UTENSIL OF THE DAY SIX:

Today's utensil:
Spoiler:

Spoon!
I do..umm I think!
Umm used it.
Umm not sure.
don't no.
not sure
mmmm Ice Cream scoop.....Yummy Ice Cream!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 2:04 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
The Wait is OVER!!

UTENSIL OF THE DAY SIX:

Today's utensil:
Spoiler:

A spoon!
I think I do
I eat cereal with it
This morning
Yes!
I don't know, I'm supposed to count them?
They were cheap
They are much easier to wash than forks!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 5:54 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
The Wait is OVER!!

UTENSIL OF THE DAY SIX:

Today's utensil:
Spoiler:

I'll answer!

• I know what it is.
  • I know what it's for.
  • I've used it to eat and maybe pop open lids.
  • I used one at about 1:30AM this morning to scoop salsa into a tortilla.
  • Yes, I own spoons.
  • I have 5 here in LA.
  • They're all metal.
  • My mom gave them to me - I paid nothing.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 28, 2007 8:30 pm

UTENSIL OF THE DAY SEVEN:

Today's utensil:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 am

measuring spoons!!!
I know!!!
measured!!!
today to measure coffee!!!
a couple!!!!!
plastic ones!!!
don't remember!!!
They're good for making cookies which I love so I hardly ever make 'em cause I eat 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 29, 2007 3:50 pm

• I know what they are - measuring spoons!
  • I can use them
  • I've measured stuff with them before
  • I used one a few weeks ago when I was measuring something
  • I own one - 1 tbsp.
  • It's plastic
  • My mom gave it to me (she was too cheap to get me a whole set!)

EDIT: This might be the 10,000th post in this site's history!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Utensil of the Day!   Utensil of the Day! - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Utensil of the Day!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Recipes-
Jump to: