DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker

Go down 
+10
gdennis59
TG
Pudgerocks
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
SoulRat
bobrob2004
iluvpudge7
tigersaint
prod
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 12:32 pm

gawd somebody wake me up! this is a nightmare!
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female
Number of posts : 825
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : i want pudge back
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 5:52 pm

it Censored sucks to c Pudge under "old players" Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
gawd somebody wake me up! this is a nightmare!

fo sho Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 7:32 pm

So long Pudge, we hardly knew ya.....
Back to top Go down
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female
Number of posts : 392
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Still not over Ivan but am going to have to defect to Carlos!
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Nowhere Man wrote:
give us back farnsworth!

DEAL!!!!!!!!! You can have him-give us our Pudge back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grouch
Back to top Go down
http://klbennett426@yahoo.com
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female
Number of posts : 392
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Still not over Ivan but am going to have to defect to Carlos!
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 2:28 pm

prod wrote:
it Censored sucks to c Pudge under "old players" Crying or Very sad

I know-I didn't even think to look there!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant
Moon to the Schmankies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GoGetEmTigers on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited and put ! on teo lines since they mess the screen up)
Back to top Go down
http://klbennett426@yahoo.com
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 10:13 am

Thursday, August 7, 2008
Game of the day: Yankees 5, Rangers 3
Pudge hurt in needed road win

Quote :
Yankees catcher Pudge Rodriguez, acquired last week from Detroit, left because of a bruised right knee in the second inning after Rangers outfielder David Murphy plowed into him at the plate. Rodriguez was not seriously injured and was listed as day-to-day.

"You just block and wait for impact," he said. "I've been hit harder, but he hit me pretty good on my knee. I never got hit in my knee like that at the plate."

The news wasn't as good for the rookie Murphy.

Murphy, who leads AL rookies in RBIs, hits and doubles, is expected to miss two-to-four weeks because of a strained right knee ligament.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 10:26 am

sick
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 7:02 pm

09/01/2008 2:40 PM ET
Detroit fans embrace Pudge in return
Hearty ovation thanks catcher for nearly five years with Tigers
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

DETROIT -- For most of the New York Yankees, Monday's makeup game against the Tigers was an unwelcome side trip on the way to St. Petersburg for a key series against the Rays that starts on Tuesday. For Ivan Rodriguez, it was one day back at his old home.

As much as Rodriguez tried to treat it as another game, there's still part of him that can't separate himself from Detroit -- certainly the real estate market, which in this case provided the benefits of a good night's sleep.

"I still have the house," Rodriguez said. "I stayed there last night."

Judging by the ovation Rodriguez received upon his introduction, he still has some fans, too. When Rodriguez stepped to the plate to lead off the second inning against Justin Verlander, the pitcher whose no-hitter the veteran backstop caught last year, the crowd at Comerica Park gave Pudge a lengthy standing ovation. It was enough to prompt the catcher to tip his batting helmet in appreciation.

When all-day rains postponed this game, originally scheduled for Mother's Day, there was no hint of how much of a back story the makeup game would have. That changed on July 30, when the Tigers traded Rodriguez to New York for reliever Kyle Farnsworth.

Much like he did for most of July, when the pending free agent faced questions about his future, Rodriguez said he was not surprised.

"That's baseball," Rodriguez shrugged. "You have to prepare for things like that are going to happen somewhere. I was waiting for that, because Brandon [Inge] still had three years of contract and they tried to find a place for him to play. That's the way it is. Baseball is like that."

With that trade, however, it was instantly going to be a day of mixed emotions for Pudge, no matter how much he tried to downplay it. He had been in the visitors' dugout at Comerica Park before, back when he was a member of the Texas Rangers, but this time was different.

The fact that it was one game, not an entire series, arguably made it easier for Rodriguez. Since he was traded in the middle of a road trip, it was one chance for him to say good-bye to his home fans, no matter how much he tried to focus on the game.

"When you play for 4 1/2 years with them, it's always something like that in there," Rodriguez said. "But again, it's a game that we have to go out and win. Now I'm a New York Yankee, and I'm going to compete against the Tigers."

How much the competition will mean in the American League playoff chase is debatable. The deal was essentially a chance both teams took at trying to address their needs -- the Yankees seeking a starting catcher to fill in for injured veteran Jorge Posada, and the Tigers desperately needing relief help.

Rodriguez entered Monday hitting .203 (12-for-59) in 20 games -- 16 starts -- since putting on pinstripes. The Yankees, meanwhile, entered Monday seven games back in the American League Wild Card race.

Farnsworth entered Monday having given up 17 hits over 11 1/3 innings, with a 4.76 ERA in 11 outings as a Tiger, though he had pitched four scoreless innings and recorded four strikeouts in his past four outings.

"I always grew up winning," Rodriguez said. "I play the game hard. I play the game to win. And of course, [the losing] bothers me a little bit, because I know we're good. We're capable of doing good. But that's baseball. What we have to do is keep playing hard and see what happens."

What will happen beyond this year is anyone's guess. Rodriguez isn't thinking that far ahead.

"Not yet," Rodriguez said. "I'm just looking for today's game. Play hard, finish this month strong, win games for the team. After that, I don't know yet."

The one thing Rodriguez knows is that he believes he is still an everyday catcher.

"Absolutely," he said. "I know myself, and I know my shape. I'm healthy, I'm good, I'm feeling great. And of course I can play every day."

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 pm

I cried when he came up to bat. That was so cool. And he does not look good in a yankee uniform!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 pm

I know people will disagree with me, but I think it's really cool that Tiger fans gave him a nice ovation. I was happy to read this today thumbs up
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 10:47 pm

I'm glad they welcomed him like that, but they DID NOT HAVE TO BEAT US! Suspect
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 01, 2008 10:51 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
I'm glad they welcomed him like that, but they DID NOT HAVE TO BEAT US! Suspect

Well no... THAT part sucked Thumb Down
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 4:02 am

SoulRat wrote:
I know people will disagree with me, but I think it's really cool that Tiger fans gave him a nice ovation. I was happy to read this today thumbs up

thumbs up First game I watched all the way through in awhile whistle
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 8:32 am

Its nice that the fans cheered him on, he's still a Tiger in my eyes, always will be. And yeah, he coulda said its nice to be back by losing.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
And yeah, he coulda said its nice to be back by losing.
And by not making me cry Frown
ha.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Pudge's leaving: One for the money

Pudge Rodriguez got a big, warm, lengthy cheer in his first game back in Detroit on Monday. This was not a surprise. Tigers fans always will think of Rodriguez as the All-Star who came to Detroit when nobody else would and helped revive the franchise.

That is definitely a huge part of Pudge's story. It is not the whole story.

Pudge Rodriguez was happy to leave Detroit. This wasn't about the city or the fans or even the team. Pudge wanted to leave Detroit for the same reason he came: He likes to play for as much money as he can possibly make.

This does not make Rodriguez different from a lot of players. But while a lot of folks talk about what Pudge Rodriguez did for the Tigers, remember this: Pudge always was looking at what the Tigers could do for him.

He had been reduced to an every-other-day catcher with the Tigers, the baseball equivalent of alternate side of the street parking, and he wanted his own spot every day. This went beyond a desire to play. Rodriguez's contract is up after this season. He (and his agent, Scott Boras) know that every-other-day catchers do not get lucrative multiyear contract extensions.

Pudge wanted a chance to show prospective suitors he is an everyday player. He thought the Yankees would provide that.

Rodriguez won't say this, of course. But he could have blocked the trade to the Yankees. A few days before he was traded, the normally media-shy Pudge told Free Press reporter Jon Paul Morosi that he was "ready for anything," including a trade. That was a signal that he was more than willing to go.

And when he was asked Monday if it was time to move on, he said this:

"I don't know ... I'm a person, I'm a player, that I was ready for everything. That's baseball. You have to prepare for things like that. I was ready for that. Brandon (Inge) still had three years on his contract, and they were trying to find a place for him to play."

Just before he was traded at the end of July, Rodriguez acknowledged that free agency was on his mind. This is a player who always -- always -- is thinking about his next big contract. That is how he became a Tiger in the first place.

In the winter after the 2003 season, the Tigers were desperately searching for a cornerstone. They were wandering in the desert, and Pudge was the only guy anywhere willing to sell them water. He could practically name his price.

Rodriguez was new to the Boras stable then, and Boras had promised him a $10-million-a-year contract. Only one team was willing to pay that much, but Boras -- being a good agent -- found that team. Rodriguez did not sign with the Tigers to make baseball important again in Detroit. He came for the money.

Again, there is nothing wrong with that. But it explains his arrival and his exit.

Once he signed, Rodriguez played hard every day and had one of the best years, for a catcher, in Tigers history. His leadership skills always have been overplayed; he was never a vocal leader. But he set an example on the field, especially in his first season.

In his second year, Rodriguez's production dropped, and he irked manager Alan Trammell by spending a four-game suspension in Colombia, then showing up late for his first game back. (He said his flight was delayed.)

From Pudge's third year on, the Tigers were usually in contention. His skills declined, the way skills usually decline for catchers in their mid-30s.

And that's where the Pudge conundrum became apparent: He wanted to play every game, but he did not always want to make every single play. He won a Gold Glove in 2007 more because of his name than his defense. He had gained a reputation within the organization for failing to call for breaking balls with runners on base, because he didn't want to block pitches in the dirt. He also had a tendency to get frustrated at the plate, and that carried over to his defense.

The Tigers' trade of Rodriguez for Kyle Farnsworth has not worked out. But they were right about Pudge. Just ask the Yankees. Veteran pitchers Andy Pettitte and Mike Mussina prefer throwing to backup Jose Molina. Since the trade, Rodriguez has caught 17 games for the Yankees; Molina has caught 13.

I asked Rodriguez on Monday if he still sees himself as an everyday player.

"Absolutely, absolutely," he said. "I know myself. I know my shape. I'm healthy. I'm feeling great. Of course I can play every day."

That is the story Boras will sell to general managers this off-season, and Rodriguez believes every word.

Tigers fans always will think fondly of Pudge, as they should. But I get the feeling he has already moved on. He spent Sunday night at his house in the Detroit suburbs, and he planned to spend Monday there, too. He said he has a lot of work to do on his house before he can put it up for sale.

Rodriguez is about to find out that the market is not what it once was. He might have a problem selling his house, too.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 1:46 pm

good article. I think half of the fans' ardor in giving him the O was that they missed him as a Tiger...but then, they probably miss Tiger Stadium too. Magglio will be gone one day as well.
We grieve the loss of the familiar.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 1:52 pm

I don't want to see maggs leave Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 2:50 pm

TG wrote:
I don't want to see maggs leave Crying or Very sad

You, me, and 10,000 other hottie girls thumbs up

Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Ooo10
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 pm

That's why I only wear jerseys with HOF Players like Kaline, Yzerman or Barry Sanders etc, etc

I am not gonna spend 175 bucks on an authentic Maggs jersey and he gets traded next season

That goes for any Tigers player

Even Miggy could be traded in a couple years;

You never know
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 3:04 pm

I'll still love maggs after he leaves the tigers Big Smile so it doesn't matter!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm

I wear the names of our guys
Gala
Magglio
because they WILL be HOF someday! Probably Miggy too--
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 5:05 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
I wear the names of our guys
Gala
Magglio
because they WILL be HOF someday! Probably Miggy too--

Nod
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 5:13 pm

AND MATT!!! :haha:
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 02, 2008 10:45 pm

Miggy fa show!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 7:37 am

gdennis59 wrote:
Miggy fa show!
I almost got his autograph last night whistle
He was signing but only for like a minute so he didn't get to mine ;(
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 03, 2008 8:45 am

Miggy is awesome thumbs up
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm

prod wrote:
Sad
Group Hug it will happen to ALL of us one day, g/f

Group Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker   Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Career Tracker
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next