DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Reading

Go down 
+8
kharmon
laprimamirala
iluvpudge7
tigersaint
mrsrabelo
swiss_tiger
catbox_9
SoulRat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 10, 2008 4:55 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
Oh, man. I think I'll have to choose Edward just because I am in love with him lol
I loooooove edward. he is so amazing. I got really mad at him in the second book though (but I'm not saying anything else...)
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 10, 2008 7:51 pm

:haha: I just started it today and I am having a hard time with it because I love Edward so much and he is missing (well for now) I just want to read it so bad that I cant. Does that make sense? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
Walgreens has a "buy one book, get the other half-off sale" going on, might mosey on over...

I Heart reading! When I find a book that I like I can sit down for a few hours and finish it.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 pm

haha... umm, Kinda?
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 2:14 am

I just finished the fourth book in the twilight series. It was so great, and now I'm sad because it's over. I'm Team Edward!!! About Midnight Sun. I just read on Stephanie Meyer's website that she she had sent out a few unfinished versions of it to some people and one of them leaked it on the web. She says that as of right now she will not finish the book because she is too upset. I'm hoping she'll get over it and finish it anyways. But there will the Twilight book guide coming out December 30. It's suppose to be a guide book explaining everything about Twilight and the characters and everything you'd ever want to know about the series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 am

iluvpudge7 wrote:
Do you all usually check books out of the library or buy them? I usually just get them from the library, but then I get all weird about germs and wipe them down with disinfectant wipes (yes I'm weird) lol2 Does anyone belong to any book clubs or anything where you get discounts?

I sometimes buy. I never go to the library though. My younger sister is a book freak and owns hundreds so I usually just borrow her books. Though she gets a little anal about them sometimes and I have to read them in the livingroom where she can make sure they are safe.
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 4:11 am

I sometimes see those book club things, kinda like the CD's, where you get 6 free, or something like that, if you buy 3 more at regular price. I was thinking of doing something like that, but then that can get annoying.
You guys have me thinking about reading the Twilight series, you all seem to really like it! Nod
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 4:43 am

iluvpudge7 wrote:
I sometimes see those book club things, kinda like the CD's, where you get 6 free, or something like that, if you buy 3 more at regular price. I was thinking of doing something like that, but then that can get annoying.
You guys have me thinking about reading the Twilight series, you all seem to really like it! Nod

They are good books. I only decided to read it because that's all my aunt and sister could talk about when we were in Washington. I usually hate vampire books and couldn't even finish Interview with a Vampire, even though I loved the movie, but once I started reading them I couldn't put them down and finished the whole series in about 2 weeks. I didn't get more than 4 hours of sleep a night though and even had a few Twilight dreams due to only reading for the whole time. I didn't even watch T.V!
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 pm

Here is the link to the the first 12 chapters from the leaked draft of Midnight Sun for those that are interested. Stephanie Meyer put it up on her site that fans could read it since she says she's not going to finish it right now. I think she's lying and is using it as a publicity stunt to sell more copies. Or at least that's what I hope. I only have about 30 more pages to read and it is really good.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 8:38 am

Honestly is that a good book or no? just wondering?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 8:41 am

I heard it was catchy after you started reading.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 9:38 am

I just finished the 4th book the other day and I LOVED it!!

I'm debating on whether to read the 5th one or not. Because if I read it and then she doesn't finish it, I will die.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 5:05 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:

I'm debating on whether to read the 5th one or not. Because if I read it and then she doesn't finish it, I will die.
I started reading it yesterday. Omg, it's awesome but it's really weird seeing everything that you already know from HIS point of view.

And yes, it is amazing.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 9:49 pm

kk thank you for the tip!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 10:08 pm

I am just going to comment on your avatar Bryon....
Paintballs suck. My brother handed me one today and I didn't think about it, and he was like squeze this as hard as you can. So I did, and I was covered in yellow paint. It really sucked.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 11:37 pm

TG wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

I started reading it yesterday. Omg, it's awesome but it's really weird seeing everything that you already know from HIS point of view.

And yes, it is amazing.

I wan't to read it but at the same time I don't.

Oh and I cannot WAIT for the movie! YAY!
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 12:44 am

mrsrabelo wrote:
TG wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

And yes, it is amazing.

I wan't to read it but at the same time I don't.

Oh and I cannot WAIT for the movie! YAY!

You should read it. I almost didn't, but gave in after my sister read it. I think she will finish it. I'm pretty sure it's all a publicity stunt by the way she left it, once you read it you'll understand. November 21 is just 2 months away!!!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 7:53 am

I don't want to see the movie
The people are supposed to be perfect. So in my mind I see what I think is a perfect person. I don't want to see someone else's interpratation of that.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 am

TG wrote:
Paintballs suck. My brother handed me one today and I didn't think about it, and he was like squeze this as hard as you can. So I did, and I was covered in yellow paint. It really sucked.

ok first off you are retarded for doing that and second off how does it suck??/ have you ever paintbaled before!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 4:58 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
TG wrote:

ok first off you are retarded for doing that and second off how does it suck??/ have you ever paintbaled before!
1. I'm not retarded, just very blonde. I was already pissed off because my mom told me that I'm not a nice person and It was like wtf. and so I didn't think about it.
2. I did once about 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 11:29 pm

TG wrote:
I don't want to see the movie
The people are supposed to be perfect. So in my mind I see what I think is a perfect person. I don't want to see someone else's interpratation of that.

I know, whenever I've read a book and then seen the movie of it I'm like, "No, no, that's not what they look like" lol :haha:
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
TG wrote:

Or just be mean about it asshole. Your not dumb Holl, you just got moments.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 19, 2008 11:46 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Your not dumb Holl, you just got moments.
:haha: Thanks...
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 15, 2009 12:15 am

For all the Twilight fans out there I have another series you'd really like. It's the Sookie Stackhouse books. I'm on the second book and they are really good, I believe the 8th book just came out. Also I suggest anyone who hasn't read it yet to read The Giver. I had to read it in 8th grade and just bought it and read it again it has to be one of my favorite books ever.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 24, 2009 10:57 pm

I got bored today and did some reading Stunned

I read a whole book in one day Stunned

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Mar 05, 2009 11:43 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I got bored today and did some reading Stunned

I read a whole book in one day Stunned

Spoiler:

I read another book - Lord of the Flies. I'm surprised we never read that in high school.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 am

I'm surprised too, who doesn't read Lord of the Flies? oh yeah... catbox LMAO Odd :shrug:
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Mar 06, 2009 1:46 am

SoulRat wrote:
I'm surprised too, who doesn't read Lord of the Flies? oh yeah... catbox LMAO Odd :shrug:

Yeah! We didn't read Catcher in the Rye either. We did watch movies of famous books without reading the book in 11th grade Honor's English (Moby Dick, Grapes of Wrath). What did we read?

Spoiler:

Since I don't have school on Tuesdays/Thursdays and sit around at "work" all day with nothing to do and no internet I'll probably take up reading. I probably should try something a little more advanced. Even though Lord of the Flies is of literary merit I still feel like a book about a bunch of prepubescent boys is a kid's book.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Mar 17, 2009 3:05 am

Continuing with books I should have read in high school, I just finished Catcher in the Rye. I picked it because I saw it was one of the most challenged/banned books of all-time due to swearing/sex/etc. It turns out there isn't much swearing/sex/etc. The protagonist is 16 and he talks like you'd expect for someone that age. Despite the lack of super hardcore profanity and sex, I thought the book was great - easily the best of the 3 books I've read since high school.

Interestingly, the author, that is the only book J.D. Salinger has ever written. Everything else is short stories and he hasn't written one of those in decades.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 13, 2009 1:29 am

Read another book - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I previously read this in high school so it was nothing new. Good book but I think I liked the last three better. I still haven't read Tom Sawyer ashamed

This is also the third straight book where the protagonist was under 18.

I think I'll read Treasure Island next - I've never read that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading   Reading - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Reading
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Hobbies-
Jump to: