DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Jacque Jones Career Tracker

Go down 
+9
GoGetEmTigers
tigersaint
gs78
SoulRat
swiss_tiger
catbox_9
tigerswinloseordraw
TG
bobrob2004
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 24, 2008 4:31 pm

We hear COPA is not a hitters park, but that has not been as true when it comes to extra base hits by our Tigers!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 24, 2008 4:37 pm

It's not a hitter park because you can't hit it over the fence. Hitters parks tend to be very difficult to triple in. Pitchers parks tend to favor triples. One exception is Dodger Stadium which doesn't favor any type of hits - especially back when the mound was high and there was tons of foul territory.

I went to like 45 Dodger games last year and saw 1 triple.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 24, 2008 4:47 pm

As to home runs, center field is never land for HR, but I sure saw the Rangers hit plenty in RF at the 9/11 game I went to last year. Darn Timo just stood there watching them "just" make it over the wall. If Maggs had played the day game in RF, instead of being the DH, he could have caught at least two of them. That was the game my mom started yelling at Timo to get a move on and earn your pay!
LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 24, 2008 5:08 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Jacque Jones HEALTH REPORT   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 24, 2008 8:34 pm

04/24/2008 5:15 PM ET
Jones exits game with knee injury
Left fielder collides with the fence at Comerica Park
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

DETROIT -- Tigers left fielder Jacque Jones left Thursday's game against the Rangers with a left knee contusion after colliding with the fence in foul territory at Comerica Park.

Jones suffered the injury chasing down a fly ball down the left-field line in the fourth inning. The ball tailed into the seats beside the left-field corner, but at full speed Jones had little chance to slow down before crashing into the fence near the spot where the ball boy sits. Jones went sliding into the fence, hitting it with his left knee before continuing into it with his chest.

Jones remained in the game for the rest of the inning, then struck out leading off the bottom of the fourth. Ryan Raburn moved from third base to left field to start the fifth inning, with Ramon Santiago taking Jones' spot in the lineup and playing third.

X-rays taken on Jones' knee after he left the game showed no damage.

Jones, acquired last fall from the Cubs in exchange for Omar Infante, entered the day with a .226 batting average. He had back-to-back two-hit games in the first two games of the series, including his first home run of the season Wednesday night, and a double and a triple on Tuesday.

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 25, 2008 11:24 am

Just as he is finally starting to come around. Perturbed
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 25, 2008 2:30 pm

He will be back once the extreme pain goes away.

That wall he hit and flipped over reminds me of the area in Tiger statium they called Kaline's corner. Kaline's corner had to be corrected to protect him from injury.

I think Jones will just have to remember that short fence is there and get used to it.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Looks like his BAT got sick again..... tiger
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 7:17 pm

Whenever someone's on the DL, they should have to wear this on their sleeve -----> sick
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm

either that or wear a green English D cap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon May 05, 2008 3:13 pm

bow what a great player. I dont think he gets enough credit. 2 doubles 1 homerun 1 triple and 5 rbi. Tigers couldnt have one so many games without him. He should play more ofton.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon May 05, 2008 6:40 pm

Bad news maggsbgone - Jones is DFa'd. Sorry
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 06, 2008 11:26 am

Moved to "old players." I hope I gave everyone enough time to grieve. Halloween RIP
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 06, 2008 11:41 am

I didnt care for him. Just taking up space on the roster, woulda been better to have kept Infante, now we dont get anything out of him. Except a bad player.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 06, 2008 7:09 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
Moved to "old players." I hope I gave everyone enough time to grieve. Halloween RIP

Technically he isn't dead.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 06, 2008 7:30 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:

Bah, no one is grieving, it's not like he's Miller whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 06, 2008 7:36 pm

SoulRat wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

maggsbgone said her favorite player was J. Jones.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 06, 2008 7:39 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

ooooooooo Sorry maggsbgone Frown
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 06, 2008 7:41 pm

SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

ooooooooo Sorry maggsbgone Frown

LMAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed May 07, 2008 4:16 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No Shocked Frown Sad Crying or Very sad confused
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed May 07, 2008 6:43 pm

Sorry maggsbgone, but I didnt particularly like Jacque Jones in the first place. Infante was better. And he was getting injured, not hitting, AND most importantly, he just HAD to take the last name of my favorite player whistle and that is not good.lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 8:47 am

A solemn reminder this is a business first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 24, 2008 1:29 am

He's available again...whistle

Ex-Marlin Jones opts for free agency
Outfielder was designated for assignment on June 11
By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

OAKLAND -- Rather than accept a Minor League assignment with the Marlins, veteran outfielder Jacque Jones will explore free agency.

Designated for assignment by Florida on June 11, Jones has since cleared waivers, and on Monday, the club outrighted him to Triple-A Albuquerque. But Jones had the right to decline the Minor League offer, and pursued other options.

On Friday, Jones' agent, Damon Lapa, said the 33-year-old has "elected to be a free agent."

The decision isn't surprising. After the Marlins released Jones on June 11, he sounded pessimistic about going to Florida's Minor League system. At the time, he said he had to clear his mind, and he noted that a young team like the Marlins would likely be leaning towards developing and promoting their prospects.

Jones had a short tenure with the Marlins. He signed a Minor League deal with Florida on May 19, six days after he was released by the Tigers.

Jones played 18 games for the Marlins, and he was 4-for-37 (.108) in limited action.

In Jones, the Marlins were obtaining a veteran left-handed-hitting outfielder who could platoon in center with Cody Ross.

Counting his time this season with the Tigers, Jones has appeared in 42 games and batting .147 (17-for-116) with two doubles, a triple, one home run and seven RBIs.

A San Diego native, Jones broke in with the Twins in 1999, and he has also played for the Cubs and Tigers before joining the Marlins.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 24, 2008 2:06 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
He's available again...whistle

Spoiler:

No!!! Don't EVEN Think it Bobrob! LMAO LMAO Head Slap
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Mar 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Struggling Jones knows time is short
Outfielder racing against clock to turn things around in camp

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Only a few years ago, Jacque Jones had a starring role with the Twins and a spot assured in the regular lineup. If he had a slow spring, it was just that and had no bearing on his roster status.

Playing against Minnesota on Friday at Hammond Stadium for the Reds, Jones still received some applause from Twins fans that appreciated his years there. But unlike a few years back, the 33-year-old can ill-afford the slow start he's having.

Jones is a non-roster invitee trying to compete for the vacancy in left field or just land a spot on the team. Nothing is assured, especially when you're batting .087 (2-for-23) in 12 games and fellow roster contenders like Jonny Gomes and Chris Dickerson are having fantastic springs to this point.

"You have to do something to get on the team," Jones said.

The Reds have played 15 Grapefruit League games and have 18 more to go before breaking camp. For players not guaranteed a spot, the threshold has started to cross over from being early in camp to needing to produce to go north.

Jones still has some time, said Reds manager Dusty Baker. But Baker made it clear that the veteran doesn't have much wiggle room.

"You've almost got to find it," Baker said. "If you're one of my regulars, then you're not as worried about finding it. But when you're trying to make the team, you don't have much choice."

While the results haven't been there, Jones has been working on fixing his stroke.

The left-handed hitter spent the past few days of batting practice trying to hit the ball to left-center field. During his prime years, many of his homers cleared the fence to the opposite field, which would be to his benefit at hitter-friendly Great American Ball Park.

"I still feel like I can do it," Jones said. "I've been a little too quick. I'm trying to slow the game back down. The confidence is there. That's not the problem. You have to learn how to play and succeed when you feel like you're not at your best. When things are going good, everything is OK. But I'm playing and things aren't going the way you'd like them to go."

During Friday's 0-for-3 night, Jones struck out and grounded out twice to second base.

"Spring Training is practice," Jones said. "You want to practice getting hits. You want to practice having good at-bats. You want to practice your approach and hitting the ball hard. It's not as much about hits, but you want to have good at-bats. I know the other things will follow. I feel like I'm getting in the right direction."

Jones had two things going for him, a proven track record and a proven track record while playing for Baker with the Cubs in 2006. That year, Jones hit .285 with 27 home runs and 81 RBIs. He also hit 27 homers and batted .300 for Minnesota in 2002.

However, last season was a drastic production decline for Jones. In 42 games with the Marlins and Tigers, he batted .142 with a .239 on-base percentage. Both teams designated him for assignment and he spent most of the summer out of baseball.

"We still have some time to make up our minds and hopefully, he'll get his stroke together," Baker said. "I know he can play. It's a matter of just doing it and getting his confidence back through performance. For whatever reason, sometimes you lose your stroke. I've seen him play. It'd be different if I hadn't seen him play."
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Mar 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Might be time to say goodbye for Jacque
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 pm

OF Jacque Jones was released when the club did not have a spot for him in Triple-A.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Posted: 5:26 p.m. Feb. 9, 2010 | Updated: 7:02 p.m. today
Jacque Jones heads back to Twins

FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

MINNEAPOLIS — Former Detroit Tiger Jacque Jones has returned to the Minnesota Twins, agreeing to a minor league contract.

Jones began his major league career with Minnesota in 1999 before joining the Chicago Cubs in 2006. The outfielder’s best season came in 2002, when he hit .300 with 27 homers and 85 RBIs while the Twins advanced to the AL championship series.

Jones hasn’t played in a major league game since June 2008, with the Florida Marlins. He spent last season with the Newark Bears in the independent Atlantic League and told the Twins at the winter meetings he was interested in reviving his career and willing to go to Triple-A if necessary.

“He’s been a good player. We know he’s a good person. He plays the game the right way,” general manager Bill Smith said. “He was a big part of the Twins’ resurgence.”

Jones played 24 games for the Tigers in 2008, batting .165 with one home run.

Minnesota also announced Tuesday that outfielder Jason Pridie has been claimed off waivers by the New York Mets. That cleared a spot on the 40-man roster for recently signed second baseman Orlando Hudson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacque Jones Career Tracker   Jacque Jones Career Tracker - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Jacque Jones Career Tracker
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2