DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Rays sign Hinske to Minor League deal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Rays sign Hinske to Minor League deal Empty
PostSubject: Rays sign Hinske to Minor League deal   Rays sign Hinske to Minor League deal Icon_minipostedThu Feb 07, 2008 10:06 am

Former Rookie of the Year also snags Spring Training invite
By Bill Chastain / MLB.com

ST. PETERSBURG -- The Rays have signed Eric Hinske to a Minor League contract with an invite to Major League camp this spring.

"I'm excited to join the Rays," said Hinske in a telephone interview. "After talking to [Andrew Friedman, Rays executive vice president of baseball operations], I thought it was the best fit for me. Obviously I wanted a Major League contract, but I didn't have any offers. So I'm excited to be a Ray."

Hinske, 30, said he also had interest in the D-backs, but he said Friedman sold him on the opportunity with the Rays, and he liked the way Friedman spoke of the expectations he had for him.

Hinske's addition gives the Rays more depth and a proven left-handed bat.

Hinske played 84 games for the Red Sox in 2007, hitting .204 with six home runs and 21 RBIs. He can play first, left field or DH and is a career .255 hitter with 85 home runs in 770 Major league games. He earned American League Rookie of the Year honors in 2002 as a third baseman for the Blue Jays.

Hinske will make $800,000 if he plays in the Major Leagues and will receive $100,000 for 250 plate appearances, $150,000 for 350 plate appearances, and $250,000 for 450 plate appearances. According to the terms of Hinske's contract, if he is not on the 40-man roster by June 15, he will be released if requested (between June 15 and July 15) or he will be added to the roster within 72 hours.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1