DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Long Island Iced Tea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Long Island Iced Tea Empty
PostSubject: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 10:11 pm

Take 1 shot of the following:

• Rum
  • Tequila
  • Gin
  • Vodka

Mix over ice and add a splash of coke and a lemon wedge.

Long Island Iced Tea Long_Island_Iced_Tea_close
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedMon Dec 24, 2007 11:57 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

• Rum
  • Tequila
  • Gin
  • Vodka

I just felt like quoting you for some reason.

I just want some feedback on how it ended up tasting...I just hope you didn't drink too many of them.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 am

Let's see....

Joe had one that I made for him. I tasted it and it was really good. I didn't drink any because I was waiting for some people to show up that never did first. I eventually got impatient and had some coke and rum (which was god awful). I made myself a long island iced tea after everyone left and it, too was god awful.

Joe had 2 along with 2 shots of whiskey with energy drink in it :puke2: and some champagne.

I had a shot of champagne (champagne is worse than beer hence only 1 shot) to celebrate the fact I won my fantasy football league championship today. It's the first time I've ever won one. I don't really care about fantasy football but a bunch of family in Michigan play every year and invite me in a league with them and their friends.

Hooray me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 6:43 pm

So, the first one that you made tasted alright, but then you made some for yourself and it wasn't any good?!

Sounds like Joe enjoyed himself...lol.

Champagne really isn't good at all. I had a glass at my cousin's wedding. puke

Congratulations! Big Smile Gooo Ryan! lol. Yay2
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 7:47 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
So, the first one that you made tasted alright, but then you made some for yourself and it wasn't any good?!

Yeah, the one Joe made tasted good (although I only had a sip). Mine wasn't but then again I was drinking alone which makes everything taste bad.

Joe was hammered Smile

I hate chamagne but had to drink some yesterday because my grandmother needed a ride over and my mom said let me go ask Ryan - there was a bottle of champagne sitting on the coffee table so I grabbed it and started drinking it as fast as I could. My mom saw that and said I couldn't give her a ride (sadly, she got one anyways).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 11:24 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

Yeah, the one Joe made tasted good (although I only had a sip). Mine wasn't but then again I was drinking alone which makes everything taste bad.

Joe was hammered Smile

I hate chamagne but had to drink some yesterday because my grandmother needed a ride over and my mom said let me go ask Ryan - there was a bottle of champagne sitting on the coffee table so I grabbed it and started drinking it as fast as I could. My mom saw that and said I couldn't give her a ride (sadly, she got one anyways).

Oh, I understand now.

ROFL LMAO hammered...lol.

That is soo funny, but terrible at the same time. I know that you don't particularly care for her...but still. Well, if I knew her like you do, maybe I wouldn't like her either.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

Joe was hammered Smile

Oh, I understand now.

That is soo funny, but terrible at the same time. I know that you don't particularly care for her...but still. Well, if I knew her like you do, maybe I wouldn't like her either.

I always say hammered. I think the in word these days amongst youngsters is faded (that's what most people my age seem to say) but I still like hammered. Sometimes I'll say drunk but to me drunk implies only kind of drunk while hammered is really drunk.

All you need to know: My mom was 5 years old living in Michigan and her mother sneaks off in the middle of the night and moves to California. No decent human being would do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 11:37 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

Joe was hammered Smile

Oh, I understand now.

I always say hammered. I think the in word these days amongst youngsters is faded (that's what most people my age seem to say) but I still like hammered. Sometimes I'll say drunk but to me drunk implies only kind of drunk while hammered is really drunk.

All you need to know: My mom was 5 years old living in Michigan and her mother sneaks off in the middle of the night and moves to California. No decent human being would do that.

I like saying that too. lol. Speaking of the title of this thread, they had that for $4.95 at the place I ate at tonight.

Shocked Sorry I don't really know how to reply to something like that. I mean that's just awful beyond words. I'm sorry I brought it up. (although I'm pretty sure you already told me that)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 4:53 am

ew alcohol
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Jan 09, 2008 2:40 am

Paul McCartney wrote:
ew alcohol

A 20 year old that doesn't like alcohol?!?!?!

No way!

(Please note: I'm 20 and don't really care for it either ashamed )
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Jan 09, 2008 12:30 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Paul McCartney wrote:
ew alcohol

No way!

Stunned
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Jan 09, 2008 1:37 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

• Rum
  • Tequila
  • Gin
  • Vodka

you kids had better stick to beer! This one's lethal!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Jan 09, 2008 1:44 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
Paul McCartney wrote:
ew alcohol

No way!

Stunned

Hey, you're 22! You could have a long island iced tea right now (or several) and nobody would care! Just don't drive.

Cheers!
Drunk
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedWed Jan 09, 2008 1:48 pm

be like me--drink and go to sleep Sleep

that's why I don't do it very often!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male
Number of posts : 375
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Polanco & Verlander, Guillen, Mags, Miggy
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:37 pm

As a professional 37 year old drinker I say..."Let's get it on!"
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:40 pm

I used to be a professional one...now am retired! That's about the only thing I officially will retire from!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Lol..I should retire but I have not brought myself to do it yet...God I can taste the Labatt's Blue Light at the games right now...AWESOME BEER!!!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:46 pm

always keep it light! Smile
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:48 pm

I have to...don't want to get any bigger than I am right now.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:49 pm

it has a funny way of sneaking up on you! Fortunately, I didn't have kids so I actually weigh about 10 pounds less than I did in college (beer weight).....
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:56 pm

I haven't had any kids either but I have more beer weight than you...lots more Smile The good news is that I am not near as big as I use to be.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 3:59 pm

My DH and I got into working out at least 3 times per week at a local physical therapy place. I have a very sedentary desk job so needed an outlet...DH as well...it sure helps with the energy level, although we hafta prod one another to go at times!
Back to top Go down
VegasTigersFan
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
VegasTigersFan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedTue Jan 22, 2008 4:03 pm

I hear that, but you are right I really do feel better I am working out regular. Talk to you again soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
kharmon
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
kharmon

Female
Number of posts : 399
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Mike Hollimon
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_minipostedSun Apr 13, 2008 8:22 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

Joe was hammered Smile

That's mean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kmharmon
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea   Long Island Iced Tea Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Long Island Iced Tea
Page 1 of 1