DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster

Go down 
+7
gs78
mrsrabelo
GoGetEmTigers
SoulRat
tigersaint
catbox_9
bobrob2004
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 9:47 pm

SoulRat wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
Disgusted youtuber...

You can't help but laugh at him! LMAO LMAO

omg... LMAO LMAO I feel his pain :haha:

I can't believe that BRANDON INGE would make a video like this.....

TAKE OFF THE SHADES, BRANDON!! LMAO LMAO
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 9:48 pm

gs78 wrote:
HEY FORD: fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers fingers

ooh.....pretty picture!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 9:56 pm

tigersaint wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
Disgusted youtuber...

Spoiler:
You can't help but laugh at him! LMAO LMAO

omg... LMAO LMAO I feel his pain :haha:

I can't believe that BRANDON INGE would make a video like this.....

TAKE OFF THE SHADES, BRANDON!! LMAO LMAO

LMAO LMAO LMAO
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 10:32 pm

Impemba, Allen approve of deal with Marlins (click for audio)
Posted by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com December 05, 2007 16:11PM
Categories: Audio

Mario Impemba and Rod Allen, the Voices of the Tigers on Fox Sports Detroit, talked with WDFN-AM Detroit, telling them they like the big trade the team made, sending top prospects Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller (along with backup catcher Vance Wilson and two other minor-league pitchers) to the Marlins for All Stars Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis.

While Detroit gave up some youngsters, Cabrera (24) and Willis (25) aren't exactly over-the-hill, Impemba said, which made the trade that much more appealing. The only potential drawback for the Tigers is that both players are only signed through the 2009 season.

"There is the flip-side (to their youth), which is, are you going to be able to keep these guys in Detroit," he said. "Because they'll both be free agents in a couple of years, and if you only get two years out of each of them, has it been worth it? Only time will tell."

Tigers analyst Allen, Impemba's partner in the broadcast booth, thinks the deal was a no-brainer for Detroit, especially when you consider how much it can help Cabrera's and Willis' numbers to be around other All Star caliber players in the Tigers clubhouse.

"Anytime you can get players the caliber of the two players (the Tigers) have acquired, there's reason for the fans to go crazy," Allen said.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 10:43 pm

When I saw Impemba, Allen approve of deal with Marlins

I first thought that we traded Impemba and Allen to the Marlins as their Voices of the Marlins! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 05, 2007 10:43 pm

gogetemtigers wrote:

I first thought that we traded Impemba and Allen to the Marlins as their Voices of the Marlins! lol!

LMAO
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Forget the future: Tigers' time to win is now   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 12:03 am

Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Rob Parker:

Forget the future: Tigers' time to win is now

Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 RobParker

It was a no-brainer.

Whenever you have a chance to trade potential for production, you do it.

That's why you should be excited the Tigers and Marlins completed a blockbuster deal at the winter meetings in Nashville, Tenn., on Tuesday.

In this package, the Tigers get left-handed starter Dontrelle Willis and third baseman Miguel Cabrera and the Marlins get center fielder Cameron Maybin, left-hander Andrew Miller and four other young players.

Maybin and Miller, though, were considered the Tigers' top prospects. That said, there's no reason to panic or think general manager Dave Dombrowski has lost it.

It's the exact opposite, in fact.

In pulling the trigger, Dombrowski hit a home run. To his credit, the GM knows his team has to win now, not five years from now.

"This is great for us," Tigers designated hitter Gary Sheffield said by phone. "Everybody knows the talent we have on the youth side. But anybody who knows baseball knows that nothing is promised when you're young.

"But when you're proven, it's promised."

That's why all fans should be onboard. After 12 straight seasons of sub-.500 baseball before 2006, fans should have had enough with "waiting until next year" and talk of building for the future.

And time is running out for this team, which lost to the Cardinals in the 2006 World Series.

Clock is ticking

Look at Tigers' roster closely.

This probably is the last season in Detroit for Pudge Rodriguez, 36. He's entering the last year of his contract and we've already seen his ability dip both behind the plate and at-bat.

Sheffield, 39, is coming off a right shoulder injury.

There's a great chance this is the last time you'll see closer Todd Jones, 39, and starter Kenny Rogers, 43, in a Tigers' uniform.

If the Tigers couldn't get back to the World Series this coming season, it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon.

And in all honesty, that -- the World Series -- has to be the goal every year. You don't just want to be competitive, you want to win.

Now that the Tigers have pulled off the deal of the winter meetings thus far, they have to be considered a lock for the postseason. Best of all, they have as good a chance as any team in the AL team to get to the '08 Fall Classic.

Had the Tigers entered the season with the same rotation from 2007, they would have found themselves in the same spot in the playoffs -- on the outside, looking in. That's how critical this deal. Dombrowski knew that.

"I always knew what Dave was capable of doing," said Sheffield, who won a World Series with Dombrowski in Florida in 1997.

A nice consolation prize

Before this deal got done, fans had every right to be upset the Tigers weren't involved in the Johan Santana sweepstakes. You keep hearing the Yankees and Red Sox were vying for the talented lefthander, but the Tigers
should have offered this same package -- Maybin and Miller. The Twins
certainly would have had to consider it.

Sure, you'd have to sign Santana to a mega contract -- probably the richest for a pitcher in history. But he's worth it. This was the next best thing.

"It shows the genius of Dave Dombrowski," Sheffield said. "People are going to say we're the favorites."

Especially since they didn't be give up two young players for a couple of aging 35-year-olds on the downside of their careers. Willis, 25, and Cabrera, 24, are young and could be around for years to come. And there's no doubt these guys can produce in the majors -- between them, they have six All-Star appearances.

Despite all their potential, it still was a question whether Maybin and Miller will be able to perform well in the big leagues.

The Tigers had no time to wait and see. The future is now. You can reach Rob Parker at rob.parker@detnews.com.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 7:18 am

Thanks Tigersaint!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 7:19 am

FORD SUCKS! rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 8:33 am

gogetemtigers wrote:

LMAO Wouldn't surprise me, we are trading everything we can get our hands on.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 8:36 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
Impemba, Allen approve of deal with Marlins (click for audio)
Posted by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com December 05, 2007 16:11PM
Categories: Audio

Mario Impemba and Rod Allen, the Voices of the Tigers on Fox Sports Detroit, talked with WDFN-AM Detroit, telling them they like the big trade the team made, sending top prospects Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller (along with backup catcher Vance Wilson and two other minor-league pitchers) to the Marlins for All Stars Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis.

While Detroit gave up some youngsters, Cabrera (24) and Willis (25) aren't exactly over-the-hill, Impemba said, which made the trade that much more appealing. The only potential drawback for the Tigers is that both players are only signed through the 2009 season.

"There is the flip-side (to their youth), which is, are you going to be able to keep these guys in Detroit," he said. "Because they'll both be free agents in a couple of years, and if you only get two years out of each of them, has it been worth it? Only time will tell."

Tigers analyst Allen, Impemba's partner in the broadcast booth, thinks the deal was a no-brainer for Detroit, especially when you consider how much it can help Cabrera's and Willis' numbers to be around other All Star caliber players in the Tigers clubhouse.

"Anytime you can get players the caliber of the two players (the Tigers) have acquired, there's reason for the fans to go crazy," Allen said.

Backup catcher VANCE WILSON?? and 2 other Minor Leaguers??
Did something change??
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 8:47 am

Idiots... I have read more misinformation with this deal... unfortunately the only thing that never changes is Miller's name Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 9:04 am

We might not know all the details until the FINAL press conference is held.

Could be weeks......

I didn't know that Miller had an injury? Did the Marlins know about this?
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 9:10 am

I didn't either until I seen that yesterday he was using the rehab facilities. I assume they did but :shrug: Cartiledge injury to the knee could be bad in the long run Frown
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 9:11 am

Maybe the Tigers know something about it...... scratch
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 9:17 am

Who knows? :shrug:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 9:18 am

It sucks that he's injured though.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 9:30 am

yes it does. I like it that the Tigers are still letting him use the facilities.....classy.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 9:37 am

Oh they probably kicked his butt out by now :lol: No seriously, if they are still letting him use them, I will be impressed.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 10:20 am

tigersaint wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
Spoiler:

Backup catcher VANCE WILSON?? and 2 other Minor Leaguers??
Did something change??

A lot of these articles are wrong. One article says we traded ADAM Miller. I didn't know we could trade Cleveland's players? :shrug:
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 10:32 am

Dontrelle to the Mets? No, that's not happening. Not anymore.
Posted by Danny Knobler December 05, 2007 21:31PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In the end, the Tigers decided they could afford to keep both Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis. And just about everyone else they have, too.

But at one point during the negotiations for the huge trade with the Florida Marlins, the Tigers were concerned enough about the finances that they phoned the New York Mets and discussed including them in what would have been a three-way deal. The Tigers would have made their same deal with Florida, but then would have traded both Willis and catcher Pudge Rodriguez (with his $13 million salary) to the Mets.

It's not clear what the Mets would have given the Tigers, but had the deal gone through the Tigers likely would have kept Brandon Inge and used him as their catcher.

In any case, it's not important now, because owner Mike Ilitch was willing to let the Tiger payroll jump high enough (possibly as high as $130 million) for the team to keep both Cabrera (who could make as much as $12 million in 2008) and Willis (who could make $8 million), and Rodriguez, too.

So there's no chance of a deal with the Mets now, and the Mets know it.

``There's no turning back now for them,'' a Mets official said tonight. ``If anything was going to be done, it had to be done before (the trade became public). They've energized their fan base now. They can't go back.''
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 10:39 am

NOTE: This article has been cut to get rid of irrelevant information. To see the full article, click the link below...

Lefties Johan Santana, Dontrelle Willis are on Mets' radar

BY ADAM RUBIN
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

NASHVILLE - The Shea faithful may be giving up on Omar Minaya's ability to land Johan Santana.

But the Mets GM isn't giving up on landing the Twins' ace. And failing that, newly dealt lefty Dontrelle Willis may soon be available.

"Am I more optimistic? I want to say that since 24 hours ago, we've had some positive dialogue," Omar Minaya said, without directly naming Santana as the topic of his reply.

The Mets GM added: "It can go from positive to negative real quick. At least I feel we're still in play."

On the Willis front, Mets sources believe the Tigers may look to flip the lefty they just got from the Marlins because of payroll limitations. The Mets would be interested in speaking with the Tigers, but no dialogue is believed to have occurred yet. It is believed the Marlins may have insisted the Tigers take on both their arbitration-eligible players, Willis and third baseman Miguel Cabrera. The Tigers acquired both players knowing they couldn't afford both, and may be looking to replenish their farm system by flipping Willis.

"We like our starting rotation. Would we like to improve that? Yes," Minaya said. "If you don't, I think we are we a good team."

Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 10:44 am

Oh Christ...
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 2:38 pm

First you hate on the guy, now you like him??
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 pm

I'm starting to get used to the idea of having him and now this!!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm TRYING I told ya Smile
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 2:45 pm

SoulRat wrote:
I'm TRYING I told ya Smile

Is it too soon to ask you if you're going to change your signiture/Avatar?
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 2:46 pm

Leave me alone!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 2:48 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Leave me alone!

Gone
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 06, 2007 2:50 pm

:haha: Yes it's too soon... gawd, baby steps, ya know? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster   Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Sources: Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next