DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

What music do u like?

Go down 
+10
iluvpudge7
pudgemaggs
swiss_tiger
catbox_9
SoulRat
tigersaint
TG
Lo_x15
bobrob2004
Ohios#1TigerFan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

What music do u like? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 7:56 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:

My Dad's taste in music sort of has rub-off on me because, in his truck that's ALL we listen to is his music.
Growing up we used to go places (i.e. skiing, etc.) with my mom. We ended up listening to her music....she's a big Grateful Dead, The Doors, etc. fan. That's why I like most of that music. My dad likes 1950s music which I think sucks (mostly). There's a few cool songs I suppose (like Richie Valens' "La Bamba" and to a lesser extent The Big Bopper's "Chantilly Lace". My dad also listens to a lot of singer-songwriter type stuff which is kind of cool and then some other rock (The Guess Who, CCR, etc.) so that's why I like that. In the car; however, he doesn't listen to music. He usually puts on KCBS (AM Radio...scratch ). If I go somewhere with him now I bring my iPod! He also likes Jazz and instrumentals which I don't like. "Theme From a Summer Place" was the #1 song in 1960 he tells me....it had NO WORDS!

cdurbfan22 wrote:

Your Dad has 1,000 records? That's pretty cool. I bet my Dad has a good number of them himself.
I bet he's got at least 1,000. Being a DJ from the 1960s until right before I was born will do that... His master closet has shelves all the way around them and that's all that in there (he keeps all his clothes in a dresser and in the closet in a different bedroom). I guess he has other stuff in there, too - he has 2 turntables, a CD changer, and a CD recorder to make CDs. It's kind of cool...

cdurbfan22 wrote:

Yeah, country's really not my favorite anymore. It doesn't really su** though.
My sister likes country music. I still don't. I'd rather listen to the Glenn Miller Orchestra than country...I'll bet my grandma listens to that! "In the Mood was #1 in 1940....it's kind of cool although I'd never listen to it intentionally. Speaking of ultra-old music, "The Entertainer" (Scott Joplin) is cool!

cdurbfan22 wrote:
I like American Idol.
puke

#1josemesafan wrote:

Neifi Perez rocks!!!
No he doesn't! Doesn't this message look fancy!!clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

My Dad's taste in music sort of has rub-off on me because, in his truck that's ALL we listen to is his music.
Growing up we used to go places (i.e. skiing, etc.) with my mom. We ended up listening to her music....she's a big Grateful Dead, The Doors, etc. fan. That's why I like most of that music. My dad likes 1950s music which I think sucks (mostly). There's a few cool songs I suppose (like Richie Valens' "La Bamba" and to a lesser extent The Big Bopper's "Chantilly Lace". My dad also listens to a lot of singer-songwriter type stuff which is kind of cool and then some other rock (The Guess Who, CCR, etc.) so that's why I like that. In the car; however, he doesn't listen to music. He usually puts on KCBS (AM Radio...scratch ). If I go somewhere with him now I bring my iPod! He also likes Jazz and instrumentals which I don't like. "Theme From a Summer Place" was the #1 song in 1960 he tells me....it had NO WORDS!

cdurbfan22 wrote:

Your Dad has 1,000 records? That's pretty cool. I bet my Dad has a good number of them himself.
I bet he's got at least 1,000. Being a DJ from the 1960s until right before I was born will do that... His master closet has shelves all the way around them and that's all that in there (he keeps all his clothes in a dresser and in the closet in a different bedroom). I guess he has other stuff in there, too - he has 2 turntables, a CD changer, and a CD recorder to make CDs. It's kind of cool...

cdurbfan22 wrote:

Yeah, country's really not my favorite anymore. It doesn't really su** though.
My sister likes country music. I still don't. I'd rather listen to the Glenn Miller Orchestra than country...I'll bet my grandma listens to that! "In the Mood was #1 in 1940....it's kind of cool although I'd never listen to it intentionally. Speaking of ultra-old music, "The Entertainer" (Scott Joplin) is cool!

cdurbfan22 wrote:
I like American Idol.
puke

#1josemesafan wrote:

Neifi Perez rocks!!!
No he doesn't! Doesn't this message look fancy!!clap

That's cool. I told you some other time that we listened and learned about those people you mentioned it Music class. (The Greatful Dead, The Doors) I thought there music was pretty cool. I bet if I listened to as much as you have, I would probably like it more. I think that's funny about your dad's 1950s music! "La Bamba" is a good song, we listened to Richie Valens in music. He was one of the ones we learned about. The other song, I haven't heard of that one before. I don't know what my Dad would do without listening to music. (if he doesn't he is listening to some sort of sports station with a game or something on it, I think at work he listens to certain "political" people talk) Jazz and instrumentals, now that is funny. I don't think I recall "Theme from a Summer Place", that was only 32 years before my time! (even if it was, I probably still would not have heard of that one)

I find that quite interesting actually. My Dad has a lot of records, but there not in any position you can really look or listen to them. (there in these wooden crate things) Oh, and not to mention the record player doesn't work. (that would help!) [previously quoted] "he has 2 turntables, a CD changer, and a CD recorder to make CDs. It's kind of cool..."

Well, that sounds REALLY cool to me. It must be pretty neat to have.

(We REALLY need to find a new word besides "cool") lol!

The Glenn :miller2: (sorry I couldn't resist) Orchestra? haha. I wouldn't go that far. I meant I'll listen to country----If NOTHING else is on the radio. Is "The Entertainer" just an instrumental song? If so, I think I have heard it before. You can listen to that on my sister's keyboard.

American Idol is NOT that bad. =D

Oh wow. ROFL :lol:

Here's one for you-

#59JONESisMyHERO wrote:

Josa Mesa is the best relief pitcher in history.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 8:41 pm

Too lazy to do the fancy quotes...

Anyways, my dad likes 1950s music because he's old, not because he's nostalgic. He was 45! when I was born!! He didn't plan to have kids...I was an accident (why do they say you should never tell your kids that...I don't care. He tells me that all the time. Just because he didn't want me doesn't mean he doesn't like me. When he found out my mom was pregnant he left and went to a friend's house. His friend had kids and he decided even though he was old he could raise a kid. They had another kid 2 years later on purpose).

Anyways, yeah...Indians game is starting so I don't have much else to say. Go Tribe! go team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 8:46 pm

It's quite alright....did you like that last one at the bottom about Mesa?

Oh, I didn't really want to ask, so I didn't.

You told me sort of what I was curious about anyway. (I'm sorry, I don't intend to be rude/nosey)

My Dad was 33 when I was born....

GOOOOOOOOOO TRIBEEEEEEE!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 8:52 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:

You told me sort of what I was curious about anyway. (I'm sorry, I don't intend to be rude/nosey)

I liked that Mesa one lol. Oh yeah, you weren't rude or nosy either. Rude would be: hey, so I saw your family yesterday...your mom looked like she was quite a wh*** in her day.

Nosey would be: Hey, so what's your social security number...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 8:56 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

I liked that Mesa one lol. Oh yeah, you weren't rude or nosy either. Rude would be: hey, so I saw your family yesterday...your mom looked like she was quite a wh*** in her day.

Nosey would be: Hey, so what's your social security number...

I thought the name of the poster was even better. I was trying to hurry, so it could have been better.

Well, thanks I just wanted to make sure. (even though you've never seen me, I still really don't want you or anyone else to judge me in any way that would be bad)

LOL! haha. Why not? I was just going to ask you that. *end sarcasm* Smile
Back to top Go down
pudgemaggs
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 12:55 am

it's funny..since 6th grade i've been a REALLY REALLY big christina aguilera fan and i told myself i would always be her biggest fan but 3 years ago i kind of stopped liking her...i just don't think her voice is that strong anymore and her style is not really my thing anymore... funny how you go through musical "changes"
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 7:19 am

pudgemaggs wrote:

i like listening to faudel and alizee currently....if u know french

you know faudel and alizee?? i am quite impressed! they are not popular in the states or i am totally wrong?
Back to top Go down
pudgemaggs
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 11:05 am

swiss_tiger wrote:
pudgemaggs wrote:

i like listening to faudel and alizee currently....if u know french

you know faudel and alizee?? i am quite impressed! they are not popular in the states or i am totally wrong?

Of course I know them!! no they are not popular in the states but I know them quite well! thumbs up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 1:08 pm

pudgemaggs wrote:
it's funny..since 6th grade i've been a REALLY REALLY big christina aguilera fan and i told myself i would always be her biggest fan but 3 years ago i kind of stopped liking her...i just don't think her voice is that strong anymore and her style is not really my thing anymore... funny how you go through musical "changes"

yea that is strange
but ive always been a Elvis and Frank fan :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 16, 2007 8:57 pm

Yanks1987 wrote:
pudgemaggs wrote:

yea that is strange
but ive always been a Elvis and Frank fan :lol:

elivs, you got me totally obsessed with the Beatles and Elvis! i love you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 16, 2007 9:29 pm

lol aww love ya too and yay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 16, 2007 9:32 pm

Yanks1987 wrote:
lol aww love ya too and yay

awww Big hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Big hug
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 11:40 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Well..my favorite is Van Halen! But I listen to just about anything! Good ol' R&R is my favorite genre, unless you call 80's music a genre. LOL

DAMN STRAIGHT 80's music is a genre, lol. It does have it's own sound though. There was a lot of good stuff back in the day!!! Van Halen being one of 'em!!! and Journey, Def Leppard, Duran Duran, ...I could be here all day.
I like a lot of different things too, I have all kinds of channels programmed in the car. And I LOVE all the early 90's dance music!!! I have all those "dance hits" various CD's!!!!
I LOVE Doug FM, cause they really do play EVERYTHING, LOL
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female
Number of posts : 825
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : i want pudge back

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 12:36 am

iluvpudge7 wrote:
Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Well..my favorite is Van Halen! But I listen to just about anything! Good ol' R&R is my favorite genre, unless you call 80's music a genre. LOL

DAMN STRAIGHT 80's music is a genre, lol. It does have it's own sound though. There was a lot of good stuff back in the day!!! Van Halen being one of 'em!!! and Journey, Def Leppard, Duran Duran, ...I could be here all day.
I like a lot of different things too, I have all kinds of channels programmed in the car. And I LOVE all the early 90's dance music!!! I have all those "dance hits" various CD's!!!!
I LOVE Doug FM, cause they really do play EVERYTHING, LOL

too funny, i love the 80's too!! but into diff stuff also. Doug is cool!!i'm into 30 sec. to mars, fall out boy, puddle of mud, system of a down, lifehouse, papa roach oh i love their song "forever" really good. i crank out nickelback's "rockstar" & kayne west's "stronger" in the car latley. areosmith prolly my fav though.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 4:58 pm

prod wrote:

too funny, i love the 80's too!! but into diff stuff also. Doug is cool!!i'm into 30 sec. to mars, fall out boy, puddle of mud, system of a down, lifehouse, papa roach oh i love their song "forever" really good. i crank out nickelback's "rockstar" & kayne west's "stronger" in the car latley. areosmith prolly my fav though.

I love some of those bands... nickleback is awesome, fall out boy is alright but I get tired of them really easily, and papa roach is really good - they are one of my favorites bands right now.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 5:03 pm

prod wrote:

Those bands are still around? I listened to all of them in like 8th grade! Fall Out Boy always reminded me of the Simpsons!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 11:09 pm

I listen to Barbershop Quartets!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 11:09 pm

.....that's 4 parts!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 11:10 pm

So, what is a Sextet??

MY 1,000th POST!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 11:11 pm

Welcome to Erie, mr. Saint!! Saint

Tou'll like it here!! YAY!
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 4:00 am

tigersaint wrote:
So, what is a Sextet??

MY 1,000th POST!!

a sextet??.......:Shrug: um........nevermind....:lol:
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 30, 2007 7:21 pm

prod wrote:
tigersaint wrote:
So, what is a Sextet??

MY 1,000th POST!!

lol2 Only YOU....PottyBrain!!
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 31, 2007 1:40 pm

tigersaint wrote:
prod wrote:
tigersaint wrote:
So, what is a Sextet??

MY 1,000th POST!!

lol2 Only YOU....PottyBrain!!

:lol: ok , ok i'll be serious.......it's 6 ppl right??? i kinda remember being at one of those PARTY!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Nov 05, 2007 6:32 pm

OK, here I go:
I'm really into more late 70s-early 80s. The Knack, Boston, Kansas, Eagles, Styx, Hall & Oates.
Also am into fusion jazz...Spyro Gyra, Ramsey Lewis, Herb Alpert's later works, Grover Washington Jr., Steely Dan, George Benson.
And of course, my first favorites: Bach, Rachmaninoff, and Chopin.
That's what being a music major for one semester did...messed me up!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Nov 06, 2007 1:50 pm

.....in a good way.

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #2...... Sigh
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Nov 06, 2007 1:58 pm

can hear it now....only wish I had a keyboard...all our stuff is at DH's office!
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female
Number of posts : 1426
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : **Inge**, Granderson, Polonco, Magglio, Verlander, ok all of them!!
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Nov 06, 2007 3:45 pm

I Like Christmas Music....

Jazz,country,and Bluegrass, and Gospel music.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Nov 06, 2007 4:31 pm

I hate music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What music do u like?   What music do u like? - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

What music do u like?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next